Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Oct 2010 at 11:33 AM
Default Sims 2 Complete Collection
http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/2297831.page

Am I getting too excited about this tiny, evasive response from EA? Maybe it's because I've been waiting for what now seems like aeons for the Complete Collection to come out, but this has raised my hopes all over again. Admittedly, I do already have most of the Sims2 stuff but I want it all on easy-to-install DVDs, please!

Oh, my fingers are so crossed for this to FINALLY happen!

(For anyone who can't see the site, or if they remove it, when someone asked if there was to be a complete collection an EA rep said: "There has currently been no announcement regarding a Sims 2 Complete Collection, but keep your eye on http://www.thesims3.com for any news!" - post dated 11 Sept 2010)
Advertisement
transmogrified
retired moderator
#2 Old 16th Oct 2010 at 12:18 PM
Hm...I suppose my concern is that the various EP/SP collection packs (University Life, Best of Business) are showing bugs that EA doesn't appear to be addressing. Wouldn't that risk be multiplied in an omnicollection?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Oct 2010 at 12:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mangaroo
Hm...I suppose my concern is that the various EP/SP collection packs (University Life, Best of Business) are showing bugs that EA doesn't appear to be addressing. Wouldn't that risk be multiplied in an omnicollection?

Oh, totally, I would imagine. But in my fantasy release of the complete collection, they fix some of the huge longstanding bugs and offer full customer support for a while after release.

(I may as well hope for a unicorn to invite me over to its castle in the clouds for tea and cake, eh?)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 16th Oct 2010 at 12:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by scarletwings
they fix some of the huge longstanding bugs

They fix ALL of the bugs. By the gods, I can't even be 100% hopeful in my dreams, now.

Part of me now suspects that the EA post was a routine thing, designed to send people to the Sims 3 site in order to bewitch them with the new game (I actually have S3 and, well, let's just say that no bewitching happened here...). This suspicion is emphasised by the fact that surely an S2 CC release would be announced on the tailor-made S2 site, rather than the S3 one...
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 16th Oct 2010 at 12:58 PM

EAtards' response was magnificent:
Quote:
There has currently been no announcement regarding a Sims 2 Complete Collection, but keep your eye on http://www.thesims3.com for any news!

So. Anyone interested in TS2 should keep an eye on TS3? FAIL!
Mad Poster
#6 Old 16th Oct 2010 at 1:32 PM
As much as all of us would adore a complete collection, I fear that the time for it has passed. EA won't revive it because they have too much invested in Sims 3.
It would only make Sims 3 look bad by comparison and lure gamers back to the old game.
That's not what EA wants.
Scholar
#7 Old 16th Oct 2010 at 1:48 PM
EA is in the business to make money- They will look at how much money Sims 1 Complete Collection made after the release of Sims 2 and release Sims 2 Complete Collection sooner or later- after all look how many people there were that thought that Sims 2 was complete *#%@ and continued to play Sims 1 after the release of TS2 base game- EA will do whatever makes them money and if reviving the Sims 2 is what makes them millions than that is what they will do.

That is how big business works and they aren't going to cut out the huge segment of the gaming market that hates TS3 and has decided to stick with TS2 they would lose to much money. After all it took them 6 years after the release of TS2 to take down the TS1 website and to stop printing completely new copies of TS1 (Complete Collection or otherwise).
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 16th Oct 2010 at 6:44 PM
Hmm, interesting points. The thing that really makes me think that it will happen is that they've been releasing some half-arsed 'collector's' or 'special' editions in the recent past - base game packaged with one or two expansions - that have been wringing the S2 cash cow for its last few pennies. Those were limited production things that are largely no longer available (some places still have a few) but there's still the big, final ultra-package to release to gain those final, farewell dollars (plus extra profits in the future by selling the rights to a Sold Out label or something, like I imagine they're arranging for S1 right now...). So, I think if there is money to be made, as there clearly is from a Complete Collection, they'll probably do it. They've pretty much established the S3 player base by now and, I think, a final S2CC release will be good for everyone - it'll make the stalwart S2 players say goodbye and accept nothing more is ever coming (not to mention bombarding them with 'when, when, when!1!!' questions), plus it'll make EA a big heap of money. Win, sort of, win.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 16th Oct 2010 at 7:00 PM
I almost dread to see how large the Complete Sims 2 Collection game would be-and how many disks would be in it. As I remember rightly, the Sims 1 Complete Collection was 4 disks. Can only think that the Sims 2 would be at least 4 if not 5, given the amount of stuff they'd have to pack into it.

Sims 1 only had 6 EP's. Sims 2 had a more than that, and that's not even counting the stuff packs.
Scholar
#10 Old 16th Oct 2010 at 8:03 PM
The big difference is that they have moved from putting them on CD-ROM to putting them on DVD-ROM's which can hold a lot more data- The Sims 3 EP's have at least as much stuff as some of the Sims 2 EP's like Seasons and University yet Seasons and Uni originally had 2 CD's whereas the Sims 3 only has one- so in terms of number of disks it might not be that much larger than TS1CC.