Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Oct 2010 at 10:04 PM
Default Aging off & pregnancy
If I have the cheat enabled to stop aging, and my sim gets pregnant, will she progress in the pregnancy? Like will she still get the baby bump, give birth, ect?

Just wondering because I didn't know if how far you are in the pregnancy is based on the days changing from aging. IDK.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 12th Oct 2010 at 10:18 PM
Pregnancy progresses normally with aging off. Once the baby is born it won't age though, obviously.
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 12th Oct 2010 at 11:10 PM
Are you sure, El? I clearly recall one of my Sims staying pregnant like forever and denying to give birth till because I had turned (for a complete irrelevant reason) the aging off.
I don't have any pregnant Sims currently in my 'hood but I might need to test again.
Scholar
#4 Old 12th Oct 2010 at 11:45 PM
I agree with El_flel, I had a sim who was "aging off" and had a kid but the baby didn't age for months and months. I kept asking my friend (who also liked Sims 2) "Are you sure they grow up in less than a week? I'm pretty sure it's been more than that..."

"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
- Douglas Adams (The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy)
tumblr
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 13th Oct 2010 at 12:09 AM
Oh, well. It might had been something else then.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 13th Oct 2010 at 9:10 AM
I'm 99.99% sure that they progress. Certain mods can pause pregnancy, but aging off isn't one of them.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 13th Oct 2010 at 11:08 AM
When I first started playing Sims, I always played this one household and played with aging off, because I didn't want my very first couple to grow old.
They had literally dozens of children, all while aging was off.
So, unless you pause it with something like Sim Blender, pregnancy will progress as normal no matter what.
Inventor
#8 Old 13th Oct 2010 at 1:17 PM
Yep, I concur with the others - all my pregnancies (well not mine personally, my sims ) have progressed normally while aging was turned off.
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 13th Oct 2010 at 5:55 PM
OK. You are quite convincing, which leaves me with a question mark hovering over my head. At some point I must test it and see what happens.
Thank you all.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 13th Oct 2010 at 7:05 PM
I always play with aging off, never played without it... all pregnancies progress normally, but of course when the baby is born it won't age. I then use the Blender to age him or her to toddler, child, teen etc, when I feel like it (my baby sims get aged to toddlers immediately, since I find babies utterly useless).

Maybe your sim stayed pregnant for some other reason?
Scholar
#11 Old 14th Oct 2010 at 4:42 PM
I play with aging off most of the time and all the pregnancies in my super-fertile Strangetown have progressed as normal. I do have to turn aging back on for the sprogs to move from one stage to another, though.

(Does SimBlender conflict with ACR at all? It sounds like a useful program.)
transmogrified
retired moderator
#12 Old 14th Oct 2010 at 4:53 PM
Both simblender and ACR are developed by the same coder and will not conflict with each other. Of course, everyone is responsible for reading descriptions and documentation before installing mods. Twojeffs provides some of the most thorough documentation of any modder in the Sims community.
Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 15th Oct 2010 at 1:07 AM
It is as Mangaroo says. I have been playing for years with a lot of Twojeffs' mods installed and never did I have a problem.
Scholar
#14 Old 15th Oct 2010 at 4:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nalia
Are you sure, El? I clearly recall one of my Sims staying pregnant like forever and denying to give birth till because I had turned (for a complete irrelevant reason) the aging off.
I don't have any pregnant Sims currently in my 'hood but I might need to test again.

My roommate had sim get stuck in pregnant state. The pregnancy never showed and the sim refused to go to work. She had to move the sims out of their lot and into a new one. As soon as the game loaded the lot the sim gave birth. The sim in question had conceived during a vacation and pregnancies don't progress during the vacation. More than likely the pregnancy timer was stuck in some way.Maybe that is what happened with your sim.