Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#76 Old 16th Jun 2012 at 9:30 PM
Mine:

boolprop allow45degreeangleofrotation true
boolprop controlpets on
boolprop petactioncancel true
intProp maxNumOfVisitingSims 25

Formally known as TotallySimsCrazy. Still addicted to custom content.
Simblr
Advertisement
Theorist
#77 Old 20th Jun 2012 at 1:19 PM
Well, I have the basic ones;

boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true
boolProp allow45DegreeAngleOfRotation true
boolProp petActionCancel true
boolProp controlPets on
intProp maxNumOfVisitingSims 8
setHighestAllowedLevel 10
Lab Assistant
#78 Old 9th Nov 2012 at 9:00 AM
well i dont even have a userstartup.cheat

and yes this is where i look

C:\Users\username\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Config
Scholar
#79 Old 9th Nov 2012 at 12:14 PM
If there was a way to roll the pacifier in UserStartup.cheat, I'd use it. As it stands, I don't use the file because the Maxis defaults work OK for me (having massive Sim parties would be cool but my computer would probably melt).
#80 Old 9th Nov 2012 at 2:42 PM
I don't have one. I always thought it was a good idea, I just never looked into it.
I probably don't even have that file anyways, just like I didn't have a downloads file. Whatever! :3
Scholar
#81 Old 9th Nov 2012 at 6:03 PM
For those that dont have a startup cheat files, Im pretty sure you just make from from a new text document and name it userstartup.cheat and thats it.
Same if you dont have a downloads folder, just make a new folder and name it Downloads.
Mad Poster
#82 Old 6th Dec 2012 at 4:53 PM Last edited by M.M.A.A. : 8th Dec 2012 at 12:46 PM.
*No necromancy meant*

Ok, after finally having a family consisting of 8 sims, which is the original limit, I have finally come to find the answer to my question, which was: do you need to have a hack for having more than 8 sims in one house AND type the relate cheat in the startup.cheat? The answer is: no, you don't, you don't need to have both the cheat and hack, the cheat is enough. Something that confused me.
Alchemist
#83 Old 24th Dec 2012 at 6:35 AM
I was using these codes before I uninstalled Pets -
uintProp maxTotalSims 50
uintProp maxTotalHumans 35
uintProp maxTotalPets 15

How do I modify things so the code about Sims works without pets installed? Do I only need the line about humans, now or should I change the word humans to Sims, or...?
Instructor
#84 Old 24th Dec 2012 at 8:30 AM
Up to OFB , does it work to have RoofSlopeAngle in the userStartup.cheat file ? I want to set a universal building code.
Instructor
#85 Old 24th Dec 2012 at 9:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by omglo
I was using these codes before I uninstalled Pets -
uintProp maxTotalSims 50
uintProp maxTotalHumans 35
uintProp maxTotalPets 15

How do I modify things so the code about Sims works without pets installed? Do I only need the line about humans, now or should I change the word humans to Sims, or...?

I'd just take out the two bottom lines and leave it as uintprop maxtotalsims 50.

Call me Abi if you want, it's easier to type than my username!
Instructor
#86 Old 24th Dec 2012 at 9:33 AM
Thank you, Liv for the startup cheat. I snagged yours, and added a couple things/changed the alias words a bit.
Lab Assistant
#87 Old 24th Dec 2012 at 11:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RowenaLupin
Thank you, Liv for the startup cheat. I snagged yours, and added a couple things/changed the alias words a bit.

You're welcome Rowena. Send me a message on my simblr if you need help. Oh, BTW, gave you a shout out in the episode I recorded today. It will post in a few days.
Inventor
#88 Old 28th Jan 2014 at 10:47 PM
Your userStartup.cheat file- what's in there?
Recently, I decided to setup my userStartup.cheat file, and I was wondering a few things...
1) Do you even use the file?
2) If so, what cheats have you put in there?
2.5) If not, why haven't you?

Mine only has 3 cheats in it- boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true, boolProp force12HrTime true, and boolProp allow45degreeAngleOfRotation true. I don't really know of many other cheats other than maxmotives and moveObjects, cheaty things like that.
Mad Poster
#89 Old 28th Jan 2014 at 10:57 PM
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#90 Old 28th Jan 2014 at 11:10 PM
Mad Poster
#91 Old 29th Jan 2014 at 1:38 AM
I'm tempted to put boolprop controlpets on in the startup file. Is that safe (has never used it before)?
Lab Assistant
#92 Old 22nd Nov 2017 at 8:12 PM
Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask but I was wondering if there is a list OUT of ALL cheats available in the game that will work or won't work in the userStartup.cheat file. I only found this on the wiki about the file:
Quote:
The Plumbbobtoggle [on/off] and showHeadlines [on/off] cheats will not work in a userStartup.cheat file. They must be entered manually. Additionally, the bugJarTimeDecay [on/off] cheat must be placed on the very last line of the userStartup.cheat file. Failing to do so otherwise will break the file.

Also that repeating ones like motherlode/kaching won't work.
But what about all the others?

I've made a file with all the cheats I know about here (just a list of the codes no explanations)
Since I own all EPs/SPs I didnt make a difference if any of those are needed for them to work. I collected them from all over the internet so mistakes are very possible

So if anyone could tell me which of those would work automatically from the userStartup.cheat and which only via Aliases that would be super awesome! (Also if you happen to find a mistake or I'm missing some cheats would be great to know)

Thanks, Lucy
P.S.: I was trying to change my list according to what you already wrote in this thread but I soon noticed that some just posted suggestions and it wasn't always written which of them are actually working.
Alchemist
#93 Old 22nd Nov 2017 at 8:34 PM
a new thread or the random questions thread ( http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...00#startcomment ) might have been the place to post the question.

best way to find out might be to put each cheat into the file.
from my testing long ago, resolution settings would not work in the file.
Mad Poster
#94 Old 23rd Nov 2017 at 12:46 AM
A few posts back HugeLunatic merged two threads on this topic and said, "since the topic is the same it's relevant and okay to necromance." So there's no need to start a new thread.

This is mine:
Code:
alias tcon "Boolprop TestingCheatsEnabled true" "Testing Cheats Enabled true" "Boolprop Testing Cheats Enabled true"
alias tcoff "Boolprop TestingCheatsEnabled false" "Testing Cheats Enabled false" "Boolprop Testing Cheats Enabled false"
alias dormon "Boolprop DormSpecificToolsDisabled false" "Dorm Specific Tools Disabled false" "Boolprop DormSpecificToolsDisabled false"
alias dormoff "Boolprop DormSpecificToolsDisabled true" "Dorm Specific Tools Disabled true" "Boolprop DormSpecificToolsDisabled true"
alias cfeon "Boolprop constrainFloorElevation false" "Constrain Floor Elevation false" "Boolprop Constrain Floor Elevation false"
alias cfeoff "Boolprop constrainFloorElevation true" "Constrain Floor Elevation true" "Boolprop constrain Floor Elevation true"
alias 45on "Boolprop allow45DegreeAngleOfRotation true" "Allow 45 Degree Angle Of Rotation true" "Boolprop Allow 45 Degree Angle Of Rotation true"
alias 45off "Boolprop allow45DegreeAngleOfRotation false" "Allow 45 Degree Angle Of Rotation false" "Boolprop Allow 45 Degree Angle Of Rotation false"

I only use the Userstartup.cheat file for aliases now. And I really only alias the longer and difficult to type ones (especially Boolprop ones). In my earlier days I tried to put the Aging off in the Userstartup.cheat file, but that cheat has to be entered in Lot View. (Fortunately aging then stays off in that lot unless and until I enter the Aging on cheat there.) As mdsb759 says, you're probably best to test yourself and see if they work. If you do, please post your results in this thread to save somebody else having to repeat your tests in the future.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#95 Old 23rd Nov 2017 at 1:03 AM
Plumbbobtoggle [on/off] and showHeadlines [on/off] are best used as aliases. Choose short aliases and they're not too much hassle to type in, particularly if you only type them in once (like I mostly do - I usually turn them off at the start of the play session).

I've got these:
alias hof "showHeadlines off"
alias hon "showHeadlines on"
(H stands for Headlines)

alias pof "Plumbbobtoggle off"
alias pon "Plumbbobtoggle on"

You may also want to know that you don't need the last "explanation" in the lines after the original code. You can have them written as above, as long as they're wrtten as such:
alias shortcode "originalcode"
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#96 Old 23rd Nov 2017 at 3:02 AM
I use Ja's no plumbob mod to avoid using a cheat, although it does make finding where sims live a bit difficult but its nice in game having no plumbbobs to worry about.

Andrew your 45 cheat does not need an alias it can be set to always be on.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#97 Old 23rd Nov 2017 at 3:24 AM
I am so used to NOT seein any plumbobs as I too use Ja's no plumbobs (for sims and lots) that it'd seem very strange to me to see them now. For a while I did mod out the thought bubbles, but I actually got to missin them so I put them back in. To me that's part of how you understand what's goin on w/ that sim.
Mad Poster
#98 Old 23rd Nov 2017 at 6:19 AM
I would wonder If petcontrol&cancel alter or affect their autonomous behaviour in some way have you don't have selected those pets in gui. I would put it on always on.
Mad Poster
#99 Old 23rd Nov 2017 at 12:16 PM Last edited by RoxEllen1965 : 23rd Nov 2017 at 7:39 PM. Reason: remove extra word
I have the pet cheats always turned on. It doesn't seem to interfere with their autonomous behavior. I rarely control my pets, but the cheats are handy if I need to move a pet inside a fence or out of the way of something I'm building.
Mad Poster
#100 Old 23rd Nov 2017 at 12:17 PM
I have the pet cheats always turned on too. But I then tend to treat a pet like a sim and guide them to things like bed or food.
Page 4 of 5