Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#201 Old 5th Apr 2016 at 2:18 AM
Well, I just got everything installed on a new computer, and found a problem with the CAW, again. The tool opens fine, but the "edit in game" will not open. ALl I get is a message that The Sims 3 has stopped working, and no clue as to why.

I have checked the "compatVersion" and "WorldBuilderCompatibilityVersion", and they seem to match. The base game shows the following information:
GameVersion = 1.67.2.024001
CompatVersion = 24
WorldBuilderCompatibilityVersion = 21

Latest expansion (Into the Future) shows:
GameVersion = 21.0.150.024001
CompatVersion = 24
The CAW shows:
GameVersion = 1.19.6.024037
CompatVersion = 24

So, the two lines that ought to match, do match. The game loads fine by itself as well, and plays as it should, so I know that isn't the issue. Only thing I see is that the game version is different for the CAW, and I couldn't locate anything that talks about that.

Running on Windows 7 Professional, Intel Xenon 3.3GHz CPU, 8.00GB of RAM, and a NVidia Quatro 600 video card, which, though not listed, runs great. Any ideas on how to fix this appreciated! Really was looking forward to building some new worlds, and it's frustrating to encounter a hitch. The CAW, for the record, was literally JUST downloaded and installed in the past 48 hours, so it's the most current they offer. Game is all patched, except for that post-TS4 thing they did, which I won't touch. The game is a fresh install, with all the expansions and store content, and some custom things as well.

Anyway, looking forward to suggestions!
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#202 Old 5th Apr 2016 at 3:32 AM
As a test, I tried removing the entire Packages folder, just in case something there was an issue, and it still didn't work. Was worth a shot, anyway...
Test Subject
#203 Old 9th Apr 2016 at 11:12 PM
Default Replying to myself...
Here I'm kind of replying to myself, concerning my recent Edit-in-Game problems.

As I wrote earlier in this thread I have problems getting the Edit-in-Game function to work with the 1.69 version of the game and of the CAW, which is the only version of the CAW that I can run. When I try to launch the Edit-in-Game I get an error message and then I just get to the main menu of the game.

Some people have described a similar, but likely not an identical problem (possibly just with the 1.67 version of the CAW?), that caused the game launcher to start when they tried to run the Edit-in-Game in the CAW. This problem have been solved for some by installing the final expansion pack and the final stuff pack.

Well, now I have bought and installed them, the Movie stuff pack and the last expansion pack, In to the future. It didn't work, the same problem was there, I got to the main menu when I started the Edit-in-Game. For the record, I tried with just one of the two packs installed, too, but that didn't work either.

So my guess is that that having the last two packs installed can help you if you got the 1.67 CAW and problems with running the Edit-in-Game mode, but it doesn't help with the 1.69 CAW. Or does anyone else know better?
Field Researcher
#204 Old 12th Apr 2016 at 11:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Hjommd
Here I'm kind of replying to myself, concerning my recent Edit-in-Game problems.

As I wrote earlier in this thread I have problems getting the Edit-in-Game function to work with the 1.69 version of the game and of the CAW, which is the only version of the CAW that I can run. When I try to launch the Edit-in-Game I get an error message and then I just get to the main menu of the game.

Some people have described a similar, but likely not an identical problem (possibly just with the 1.67 version of the CAW?), that caused the game launcher to start when they tried to run the Edit-in-Game in the CAW. This problem have been solved for some by installing the final expansion pack and the final stuff pack.

Well, now I have bought and installed them, the Movie stuff pack and the last expansion pack, In to the future. It didn't work, the same problem was there, I got to the main menu when I started the Edit-in-Game. For the record, I tried with just one of the two packs installed, too, but that didn't work either.

So my guess is that that having the last two packs installed can help you if you got the 1.67 CAW and problems with running the Edit-in-Game mode, but it doesn't help with the 1.69 CAW. Or does anyone else know better?

Well, it doesn't help me any! I installed everything, all from disc, on a new system, and patched to 1.67. All expansions, all stuff packs, and all the store content. Installed the 1.67-compatible CAW, and it does open and run, but the Edit-in-Game mode will not open at all. No launcher, just a blank screen for loading, them "The Sims 3 has stopped working..." message. I wish it was as simple as adding in an expansion! Strongly suspect it's the store stuff, but removing that defeats the purpose of creating the world I am doing anyway, so not a good solution for me. I even tried an older version of CAW, and saw the same result. Very frustrating, to be sure.

At this point, I am building the world with completely empty lots, and planning to add them after I export the world into the game. Annoying, but at least the game won't be filling empty houses for me, which is something.

Seems like, with EA, the more you own, the more they mess you up. I have to wonder if they didn't code some store content to cause the problem, just to push people into buying TS4. I wonder, because I saved all the store stuff, when installing on a laptop just over a year ago, and some files, duplicated from another machine, weren't the same size. Odd, that!

Well, at least we know it isn't a CAW version issue, but something else.
Test Subject
#205 Old 20th Jun 2016 at 6:57 PM
Hi!
I've started with CAW and I have two questions:
1. How can I make sure that rabbitholes can be visited and
2. I found a thread where the size of the lots for community things such as restaurant etc was given, but I can't find it anymore.
Mad Poster
#206 Old 26th Oct 2019 at 8:05 AM Last edited by daisylee : 26th Oct 2019 at 8:25 AM.
I know this thread died ages ago, but hope someone can help. As I have posted before, I installed 3 and CAW on my laptop I got about 6 months ago finally. All was well until now that I am getting the protected memory error in CAW all of the sudden. The world is still tiny. 5000 kb. I have pulled out the little CC I had in the game. I did have to patch some EPs and SPs to current so did that. I have done the cache clearing. I suspect the problem is LAA.

I have entered the info. into LAA at least 10 times now and it says it is successful. I have tried in basic and advanced. I then open LAA again and the addition is gone. LAA does not seem to be saving the entry for some reason. Did some googling and could not find help. Is LAA obsolete now?

Any help will be appreciated. The only thing I have not done so far is the lot deletions. If have to will do that, but would like to see CAW in LAA before I would start that. My game is 1.67. I can open the world and add roads and be fine. As soon as I add a lot I get the error and crash.

We no longer need LAA for anything else, correct? I have all SP and EP installed other than K Perry. I used the super patch when I installed the game. For some EP installations I had to patch, but from checking the list of where they should be I did have to patch up about 6 packs. Did that. I patched to latest. Have no idea if missed interim ones if needed as whole install was done recently and not over time when they would have been released.

Mad Poster
#207 Old 1st Nov 2019 at 11:42 PM
Have no idea what is going on but CAW is working again even though I never got LAA to work. I kept trying to place a particular lot 8x64 where I wanted and it always crashed/errored. I went ahead and tried other lots in other places and no problems. Have done major work now and so far all is fine. I have no idea why CAW had a fit placing that one lot in that one place? Have never had it do that before in all the huge amount of time I have spent in CAW over the years. So hope whatever is going on stays OK.
Field Researcher
#208 Old 31st Dec 2019 at 2:18 AM Last edited by LadyGreenEyes649 : 1st Jan 2020 at 12:59 AM.
Well, still having issues, and really hope someone can help with this. The issue is the same one; CAW EIG will simply not load. The launcher does NOT open, as some are seeing. The game seems to be trying to load - I get a blank screen with a little loading icon - but ends up giving a message that "The Sims 3 has stopped working...", and that's it. The game itself runs, the CAW runs, except for the EIG, and I am at a loss as to what to do here. I've tried this - http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...k:Patch%20Table - and matched everything up, to no avail. The base game default is:

CompatVersion = 24

The CAW default is the same:

CompatVersion = 24

The worldbuilder version also matches:

[Version]
WBVersion = 1.67.2.024001

Sims game and expansion versions as follows:

The Sims 3 - 1.67.2
70s, 80s, & 90s Stuff - 17.0.77
Ambitions - 4.10.1
Create a Pattern Tool - 1.0.0
Create a World Tool - 1.19.6 (freshly installed for the 1.67 version, according to the site)
Diesel Stuff - 14.0.48
Fast Lane Stuff - 5.8.1
Generations - 8.0.152
High End Loft Stuff - 3.13.1
Into the Future - 21.0.150
Island Paradise - 19.0.101
Katy Perry's Sweet Treats - 13.0.62
Late Night - 6.5.1
Master Suite Stuff - 11.0.84
Movie Stuff - 20.0.53
Outdoor Living Stuff - 7.3.2
Pets - 10.0.96
Seasons - 16.0.136
Showtime - 12.0.273
Supernatural - 15.0.135
Town Life Stuff - 9.0.73
University Life - 18.0.126
World Adventures - 2.17.2

All of this was installed via disc, NOT through Origin, and in fact I do not have Origin installed on the system at all, due to the various issues people have had with the later updates. I also have all of the store content, including all the worlds. I have very little in the way of mods, and removing that folder did not resolve the issue. Most custom content is installed via Sims3pack files, as they seem to slow the game down less than do package files. Can't really remove those easily. I have seen this - http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=499834 - and will try it if nothing else works, but would love to find a simpler solution if possible. Oh, and cache files were also deleted, to no avail. Really frustrating, at this stage, and any assistance is appreciated. Running on Windows 7, 64-bit.
Field Researcher
#209 Old 25th Jan 2020 at 8:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes649
Well, still having issues, and really hope someone can help with this. The issue is the same one; CAW EIG will simply not load. The launcher does NOT open, as some are seeing. The game seems to be trying to load - I get a blank screen with a little loading icon - but ends up giving a message that "The Sims 3 has stopped working...", and that's it. The game itself runs, the CAW runs, except for the EIG, and I am at a loss as to what to do here.

Are you trying to open EIG with a world you've already built? What happens if you try opening it with a totally blank world? Is it still unable to load?
Test Subject
#210 Old 27th Feb 2020 at 9:28 AM
Hello! First post and all, might not get a response, but I'm having a pretty irritating issue with getting CAW to open. It opens for a few seconds, then closes without any errors.

I've done everything short of a complete reinstall of the game. I've...
Checked the versions (both are at 1.67)
Installed CAW in a location where UAC shouldn't mess with it/Run as admin
Uninstalled and reinstalled CAW (multiple times)
Used Large Address Aware
Cleared the caches

I should noted that I have the Steam version of the game, and I've messed with the registry.
I've also used TurboTravel (https://docs.google.com/document/d/...CuVJGkTsxI/edit) which combines game files- more or less. I used a previous version of my game before I used TurboTravel and it still didn't work.
It worked fine in the past, but when recently I tried to get it working again and it won't do anything, just opens and closes. I have a process monitor set up if you need any more information.

Specs:
Win 8.1
32gb RAM
GTX 1060
i3-8350k
Test Subject
#211 Old 11th Aug 2021 at 4:03 AM
I have several question about caw but I'm just gonna ask 3 of them for know.

Question 1: I know about the problems that mummies, ghost, and horses have. But is it safe to add deers and racoons that are part of a family to a caw world using Nraas porter?

Question 2: Is it safe add create and sim ghosts to a caw world using Nraas porter?

Question 3: I need help with super caw. I have the sims 3 complete collection with all Eps and Sps my game is up to date . However ,I put the super caw .exe in the right folder destination but get an error message telling me that "WorldbuilderCS.exe has stopped working" when I click on the .exe to open it. I tried reinstalling it and running it as administrator but I still get the error message...what should I do?

Thank you in advance
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#212 Old 11th Aug 2021 at 9:47 AM
Hi @Henry The Alien For the first two questions, you'd probably have to test this out- backup before you do. If you have any other problems or questions about this, post in the CAW forum:
https://modthesims.info/f/616/
For the third question, please run through the solutions offered int he first post of this thread. If you already have, then please tell us what you did, what gameversion you have and what version of SuperCAW you are running.
Lab Assistant
#213 Old 13th Aug 2021 at 10:46 PM
Hi, I also have problems with EIG;
I have orgin, and I believe the sims version is basic, I used the old CD code, so I shouldn't have the GO Social version ...
I bought all the other virtual XP and some Stuff Packs;
High-End Loft - Stuff Fast Lane Stuff - 70s, 80s and 90s Stuff -Movie Stuff -
I have updated game to 1.69 and use Caw 1.69
I have tried to reinstall CAW several times, I have cleared Cache of CAW and Game, I have also taken out Mods, and Articles shop ...

Caw works fine, but when I start the EIG it opens smoothly, but when I add batches from the library, it doesn't let me save;
it tells me error, exits the game window, which is minimized, and a gray desktop screen where it says;
the rescue of the world has failed.
Details;
ERROR: An error occurred while saving the file. 743939081869845120
and then another 14 like that, with different numbers
(to which I cannot find matches in the world)

I forgot, CAW and Origin, while they are in EIG, they have to stay open, right?

----> I apologize for my precarious English, it is not my language.
Page 9 of 9