Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Mar 2018 at 7:09 AM
Can Download Statistics be Restored?
I updated one of my mods today, and was under the impression that, as long as the name of uploaded file is kept the same, the download count will not be reset to 0. However, this is exactly what happened--despite the filename not being changed, its download count is now zero. Is there a way to reverse this? I'd hate to lose the accumulated download count. Also, how can this be avoided in the future?

This is the updated mod.

Thanks!

Own Grandma's Canning Station? Check out the Canning Station Overhaul.
Like doing laundry? Check out the Infinite Laundry Buffs Fix.
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 17th Mar 2018 at 2:05 PM
It looks like you deleted the old file before uploading the updated version, which is why your statistics were reset. Unfortunately, it's not possible to restore stats for a deleted file.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Mar 2018 at 11:50 PM
Thanks for the quick reply. So the correct procedure to updating a file is to upload a new one with the same name without deleting the old file first?

Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 18th Mar 2018 at 7:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Butterbot
Thanks for the quick reply. So the correct procedure to updating a file is to upload a new one with the same name without deleting the old file first?

That's indeed how I do update my uploads.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 18th Mar 2018 at 9:20 AM
@lientebollemeis

Thanks for your help; will keep that in mind next time.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 18th Mar 2018 at 11:38 AM
Make sure it's an exact copy, down to gaps, capitals letters everything. The new file has to overwrite the old one to keep your download count.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Instructor
Original Poster
#7 Old 18th Mar 2018 at 11:35 PM
It worked! Updated another file without losing the stats. Thanks for all the helpful advice!