Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Feb 2005 at 11:12 PM
Default No export to obj
I have followed the instructions with SimPE and downloaded all the plug-ins, but I can't get the button "EXPORT TO OBJ" to appear as in the instructions on step 3 and 4 of the SimPE instructions. What have I done wrong I need help.

Beth
Advertisement
#2 Old 2nd Feb 2005 at 11:28 PM
From the Mesh FAQ thread

" Where is the export button in Simpe, to export a mesh to a OBJ file?
you need to download Delphy`s mesh extracter from :
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=32166

From that page:

"How to use:
- Select a GMDC file from the file list, and go to the Plugin View - Items 3 tab. Click on an object and then click on "Export to OBJ".
- If you do not have an export to OBJ button, go to Plugins - Installed Plugins and move the GMDC plugin above the generic RCOL wrapper.
- The exported OBJ files will be in the same folder as the .package you opened with SimPE - Load them up in your favourite 3d model program"
Field Researcher
#3 Old 2nd Feb 2005 at 11:30 PM
ALso make sure you have a version that supposts this plugin. I believe the minimum was 12q and currectly SimPE is at version 14h.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 2nd Feb 2005 at 11:35 PM
Thank you all so much.

Love

Beth
#5 Old 2nd Feb 2005 at 11:42 PM
No problem, I had the same problem at first And the fact that I unintentionslly had two version installed and thought i had put hte plugin in the right one but didn't :/
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 2nd Feb 2005 at 11:43 PM
Well it still doesn't work, I have version 14. of SimPE just downloaded it again I extracted the object button to the plug-in folder and reinstalled vbs files.

No export obj button

Beth
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#7 Old 2nd Feb 2005 at 11:44 PM
Did you make sure to move the GMDC Wrapper above the Generic RCOL one?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 2nd Feb 2005 at 11:53 PM
Delphy,
Do what, nobody said anything about moving anything, please explain.

Beth
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#9 Old 2nd Feb 2005 at 11:55 PM
From the first post of the Mesh Extractor thread (http://forums.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=32166):

Quote:
How to use:
- Select a GMDC file from the file list, and go to the Plugin View - Items 3 tab. Click on an object and then click on "Export to OBJ".
- If you do not have an export to OBJ button, go to Plugins - Installed Plugins and move the GMDC plugin above the generic RCOL wrapper.
- The exported OBJ files will be in the same folder as the .package you opened with SimPE - Load them up in your favourite 3d model program

I've highlighted the line you need to look at.
Test Subject
#10 Old 2nd Feb 2005 at 11:58 PM
Also make sure you're looking in the right place. For one thing, somewhere something says the wrong tab - "Items 3" instead of "cGeometryDataContainer" - and for another, for whatever reason I personally had a huge blind spot as to where it actually is in the screen, I had a hard time finding it originally

I've attached a screenshot indicating the correct place to be in order to look for the button.

-y
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 2nd Feb 2005 at 11:59 PM Last edited by 3beth : 3rd Feb 2005 at 12:03 AM.
Thats in the SimPE folder, I dont have a rcol.dll in there

Beth

Everything is as in the pictures above except I do not have anything except the first line in thePACKED FILES I have nothing in the second line
Test Subject
#12 Old 3rd Feb 2005 at 12:04 AM Last edited by yggdrasil : 3rd Feb 2005 at 12:06 AM.
No - using the "Plugins" Menu from WITHIN SimPE - click on "Installed Plugins" and make sure that RCOL is below the GMDC plugin. Not in the folder.

Edit to add: I don't think that matters (how many lines you have in Packed Files - if there is only one mesh for the object it will be only one line (I think)), only that you have at least ONE item in the Geometric Data Container listing.

-y
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 3rd Feb 2005 at 12:11 AM
Found it and moved it, fixed it! Thanks so much maybe have a new mesh tomorrow maybe even tonight.

Love you all,

Beth
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 3rd Feb 2005 at 12:24 AM
Well i used the table template like in the instructions, sims 2 uses the same method as we do to mark properties in the model, this is going to be a cake walk, a character is next.

Beth
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 3rd Feb 2005 at 12:49 AM
One last request, Where do I find the character meshes, I have looked everywhere?

Beth
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#16 Old 3rd Feb 2005 at 12:52 AM
Try Sims03.package
Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 3rd Feb 2005 at 3:48 PM
I have extracted lots of meshes, cars, furniture, and stuff but I can't find any body meshes anywhere. I just haven't learned all the quirks about the program yet. I still need some hand holding. Its keeps defaulting back to the main files and lets me open only them.

Beth
Test Subject
Original Poster
#18 Old 3rd Feb 2005 at 5:15 PM
My first body project, a teen female with bigger breast. A D cup. A little more shapping to go and I will try to package it.

Beth
#19 Old 8th Jan 2006 at 11:00 AM
the GMDC Wrapper download link doesn't works... some help? :salute:
Part-time Hermit
#20 Old 8th Jan 2006 at 11:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cicobio
the GMDC Wrapper download link doesn't works... some help? :salute:

I don't think you need the GMDC Wrapper anymore, this discussion is about a much older version of SimPE
Test Subject
#21 Old 24th Sep 2006 at 9:48 PM
Me to, I can't get the "Export to OBJ" Button. And the Pugins menu is not there....

Qui parle français ici??
Part-time Hermit
#22 Old 24th Sep 2006 at 9:54 PM
lily48, can you take a screenshot of what your view in SimPE looks like and upload as an attachment here?