Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#51 Old 28th Aug 2009 at 1:53 AM
My makeup and hair has the same multiple personality disorder as my music collection...it's totally about what kind of mood I'm in and what I've got goin' on that day. Some days I don't feel like bothering, so if I don't have any clients, I moisturize, do sunblock and call it good...however, on a day like that if I have a client, I only do basic makeup: tinted moisturizer, mascara, brown liner and Burt's Bees tinted lip balm. My makeup bag (box actually) is obscenely diverse and very organised. However, I absolutely cannot live without sunblock and freshener wipes (even though I'm "old", I have alot of oil in my skin...which is why I think I don't have wrinkly old skin...well, that and I avoid the sun and have never had a tan).

Perfume-wise, I change scents with the seasons: Spring and Summer I like Avon's Sweet Honesty, Love's Baby Soft and Cucumber Melon...Fall and Winter I like Giorgio, Musk, and anything warm and spicy...especially Oriental scents.

Beware of Elves giving wedgies.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#52 Old 29th Aug 2009 at 7:15 PM
A make-up recommendation: for anyone that gets frustrated with how quickly their lip color fades away, try Revlon's ColorStay lipstick. It's really more of a lip stain than anything else, and it's applied with a brush rather than the classic chalky tube variety, but it lasts all day, even through multiple meals. I use the red and I absolutely love it; I don't have to worry about smudging or reapplication at all.

Do I dare disturb the universe?
| tumblr | My TS3 Photos |
Instructor
#53 Old 29th Aug 2009 at 7:23 PM
I use Rimmel. Smokey greys, purples and black. I have a pallet which has some pinks and brown but I don't often use them. I don't own any lipsticks. I have a clear lip gloss but its does my nut in so I don't wear it. To be honest I can do my eyes pretty good but I do not have clue with anything else.

Scent wise I love body Shops Naroli Jasmine. My all time favourite is Dior Pure Poison. I am wearing Calvin Kleins Euphoria and I want Dior J'Adore.

^_^
Instructor
#54 Old 22nd Jan 2010 at 11:50 AM
Girls! I need some make up advice, ASAP. I have SUPER super thick dark eyelashes (naturally) and really fair skin, blond, blue eyed etc. I love wearing eye liner cause it makes my eyes POP. These are my questions:
Should I apply on water line or near it (thats where i usually do) or below the lashes? Everyone says below but it sorta makes my lashes look strange and I struggle getting it straight because they're so dark and thick.
Howoften should I reply my eyeliner during the (school) day when it's on my waterline? It tends to come off after a while there.

BTW i wear pencil eyeliner =)

Smile.
It's easier than explaining why you're sad.
Instructor
#55 Old 22nd Jan 2010 at 11:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by schitzwa

Scent wise I love body Shops Naroli Jasmine. My all time favourite is Dior Pure Poison. I am wearing Calvin Kleins Euphoria and I want Dior J'Adore.

Sorry for the double post but I just saw this post. I love CK's euphoria. It has the strangest scent i love it. Whenever I wear it I get people coming up to me askingwhat perfume im wearing!
Although ATM im loving Showtime by Kylie Minogue!

Smile.
Field Researcher
#56 Old 22nd Jan 2010 at 5:45 PM
Tashi- Put the eyeliner where you think it looks best. I dont put mine on the water line because it comes of. If you do need to reapply I would check it every hour or so. When ever you see it start to fade and come off. I dont put mine under my eyelashes because I dont like the way it looks. Since you have dark lashes, you probably dont need it under the lashes unless you want to add color.

I like to use water proof liquid eyeliner because I find it stays fresh looking all day. Mostly I use black. Sometimes I will put Brown with a hint of gold it it. I find that brings out my blues eyes a lot too. Usully a gold, brown eyeshadow. I dont wear blush or base really that often. I dont wear lipstick either because I find I look better without it.

Call me Sasha
Funny how when your a kid, you dream about your future and when you are an adult, you dream about going back to when you were a kid.
Mad Poster
#57 Old 22nd Jan 2010 at 9:48 PM
Oh, I loathe liquid eyeliner. It just goes everywhere. Even my friend, who is utterly pro at eye makeup, will never use it because she says it goes everywhere for her.
Instructor
#58 Old 22nd Jan 2010 at 10:55 PM
Tthanks innocenteyes! I guess Ill just experiment a bit!

Pixcii: i've never used liquid eyeliner and I dont plan on it! My mum is a proffesional film and TV makeup artist (yes I'm lucky!) and she uses liquid. She sometimes uses pencil with the liquid.
If you do want to get the 'liquid' look you could always put on your pencil how you want and go over with liquid. You could also rest your elbow on the counter/table etc. and hold the hand you're "painting" with against the handing holding your eye taut for stability

Smile.
Scholar
#59 Old 23rd Jan 2010 at 12:41 PM
^ for my usual cat eye look I use a pencil liner first as a guide and then go over it with a liquid liner. I prefer the paint on liners, but for something different I brought Covergirl Line Exact which is a pen liner.
Mad Poster
#60 Old 29th Jan 2010 at 1:48 AM
I'm just super unco, so even if I have a pencil guide I'll probably get the liquid eyeliner everywhere, but I'll give it a shot (:

Lately I've fallen in love with my Loreal Glam Shine Volumizer lip plumping gloss. It's a shade of cherry red after a few layers, but it starts off as just a really nice pinky colour.
Instructor
#61 Old 29th Jan 2010 at 1:55 AM
I'm glad. Liquid eyeliner can look really beautiful. And i know, i am unco too! lol

Smile.
Field Researcher
#62 Old 4th Feb 2010 at 3:27 AM
I usually rest my arm when appling my liquid eyeliner. It take a little while to get use to it. At first it use to go everwhere for me too, but after I exsperiment with it, i figured out what technique works best for me.

Call me Sasha
Funny how when your a kid, you dream about your future and when you are an adult, you dream about going back to when you were a kid.

Page 3 of 3