Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Jun 2005 at 8:34 PM
Default Hidden Cheats...
I originally had a thread, titled the hidden cheats we never knew, where I recovered many secret cheats from the files. I came up with this info:

The whole game's infrastructure runs off of cheat functions. These special cheat functions can change the very code of the game without using any special package files. It appears all the current settings are kept in an error log. I will post the cheats here.If the description is "Undiscovered", you can help by testing it out, and PMing me with results. If you do this, your name will be added to the Credits list at the bottom.

Cheats:

uintProp propertyRevision 6 - Undiscovered

boolProp allowCustomContent true/false - This allows/disallows custom content. Having this false will speed loading times, but no custom content will be available.

boolProp animationLOD true/false - Undiscovered

uintProp antialiasingQuality 0 - When this cheat is set to a higher level, it will make jagged edges in objects smoother. The thought to be max. limit is 8, but you can explore and see if you can go higher.

boolProp autoCentering true/false - This will automatically center the screen when true.

boolProp autoLogin true/false - When this is true, it automatically turns on autoLogin in the Custom Content Browser. I recommend not using this cheat, as it can crash your game.

boolProp bumpMapping true/false - This will turn on or off the bump maps in meshes.

boolProp checkForPatch true/false- This cheat has the equivalent of the autoPatch cheat.

boolProp constrainFloorElevation true/false- This cheat dictates whether floor elevation has to be equal. It is not newly discovered.

uintProp cutawayMemorySize 3 - The size of one bit in game standard. DO NOT TOUCH, VERY DANGEROUS.

boolProp cutawayOutside true/false - This cheat cuts off all areas outside of the walls when true.

boolProp displayLookAtBoxes true/false - Undiscovered

boolProp displayPaths true/false - This cheat, when true, shows the path to your Sim's next objective. The path are green, with blue dots at the goal.

boolProp deviceVsynch true/false - This cheat, when true, prevents tears in the graphics.

uintProp dynamicRenderStrategy 0 - This has something to do with screen interpetation. Don't touch it! If you want to experiment, go ahead, but if it destroys your game, your fault.

boolProp edgeScrolling true/false - Stops the player from being able to scroll by moving the mouse to the edge of the screen.

floatProp horzedgescrollrate 0.5 - The speed of scrolling horizontally.

floatProp vertedgescrollrate 0.5 - The speed of scrolling verticaly.
uintProp effectPriorityLevel 3 - This cheats affects the priority level of the Sims game in the OS.
boolProp freeWill true/false - Another way to change the Free Will option.

floatProp geomBoneInfluenceThreshold 0.01 - Undiscovered

boolProp geomCheckGeomDataIntegrity true/false - Undiscovered

uintProp geomGenerateTangentSpaceNormalLines 0- Undiscovered

boolProp geomGenerateTangentSpaceSxT true/false - Undiscovered

floatProp geomGeneratedTangentSpaceNormalLineLength 0.1 - Undiscovered

uintProp geomMaxBoneInfluencesPerVertex 4 - Undiscovered

sintProp geomMaxMorphTargetDeltasPerVertex 4 - Undiscovered

floatProp geomMorphTargetDeltaThreshold 0.001 - Undiscovered

floatProp geomPerBoneBoundBlendWeightThreshold 0.9 - Undiscovered

boolProp guob true/false - Undiscovered

boolProp interrupt true/false - Undiscovered

boolProp lightOpenGLStyle true/false - Undiscovered

uintProp lightingQuality 3 - Undiscovered

boolProp livePIP true/false - This changes the PIP option.

boolProp lotInfoAdvancedMode true/false - This toggles the lot information when you click on a lot in neighborhood view from simple to advanced mode.

stringProp lotWindowFillColor (0,0,0,1) - (R, G, B, A) This affects the color of the windows in the lot.

uintProp maxParticlesTarget 10000 - Undiscovered

uintProp maxTerrainGrade 5 - Undiscovered

boolProp morph true/false - Undiscovered

stringProp neighborhoodWindowFillColor (0.5,0.5,0.5,1) - (R, G, B, A) Same as stringProp lotWindowFillColor, but changes only apply in neighborhood view.

boolProp noStupidIFFUnlocking true/false - Undiscovered

boolProp optimizeMeshes true/false - This cheat optomizes objects with new meshes, so that those objects are loaded first into the game.

floatProp particleDamping 0 - Undiscovered

More Info:

Those are the current cheats, I update them every once in a while, when I have time. Please do not post if you have found the meaning of an Undiscovered cheat, please PM it to me, so that I can complete my list faster. Also, please put feedback up, as I work very hard, and would like a thanks or two.

Credits:

conker87
donTm
roged49
TheJim01
nectere
RGiles
pikchu
Xanathon
Inge Jones
Advertisement
Banned
#2 Old 21st Jun 2005 at 8:35 PM
So basically the cheat box is like a command menu, like in alot of First Person Shooters? The kind where it shows "Load Map- #mapname' or something?
Inventor
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Jun 2005 at 8:42 PM
Yes, Pokeylope.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 21st Jun 2005 at 8:53 PM
How do I thank you.
Great list, but i cant get
stringProp lotWindowFillColor (0,0,0,1) to work
Test Subject
#5 Old 21st Jun 2005 at 10:20 PM
There is a cheat that let's you set objects at a 45 degree angle. I think it's boolProp allow45DegreeAngleOfRotation true
I cannot get this cheat to work. Can anyone help? Where am I suppose to do the cheat?
Mad Poster
#6 Old 21st Jun 2005 at 10:33 PM
arica480, you must have university installed to be able to use this cheat and you have to use the < and > keys to rotate the items at 45 degree intervals.
Test Subject
#7 Old 21st Jun 2005 at 10:36 PM
Thanks. So you put the < and > around the whole thing?
Test Subject
#8 Old 21st Jun 2005 at 10:39 PM
OH...nevermind.. I get it.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 21st Jun 2005 at 10:42 PM
No. You don't put them in the cheat window. You select the item you want to rotate when you are in build mode and then, AFTER you have entered the cheat, you press the < and > keys to do the rotating.
Test Subject
#10 Old 21st Jun 2005 at 10:43 PM
Arica, that cheat only works if you have the Uni EP installed.
Test Subject
#11 Old 21st Jun 2005 at 10:43 PM
Thanks, MenaceMan. You've been a great help!
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#12 Old 24th Jun 2005 at 1:52 AM
Mod_bv quit with the bumps or you will be banned. Please read the site rules and dont bump your own thread, Its very annoying.
Instructor
#13 Old 24th Jun 2005 at 2:19 PM
boolProp displayLookAtBoxes true/false - Undiscovered

This makes a small red box appear at the exact place the sim is looking. This way, for example, I made sure that sims with big differences in height were still able to look in each other's eyes.

I simply can't remember where I found this cheat...
Inventor
Original Poster
#14 Old 24th Jun 2005 at 2:22 PM
Marvine, thanks for your help! I'll add it to the list later tonight.
Field Researcher
#15 Old 25th Jun 2005 at 11:58 AM
WoW that's alot of hidden cheats thanx alot
Inventor
Original Poster
#16 Old 6th Jul 2005 at 3:18 PM
NP, MaximumSpider
Field Researcher
#17 Old 8th Jul 2005 at 6:20 PM
Whats a bump?
Great list, but I cant get
stringProp lotWindowFillColor (0,0,0,1)
to work
Inventor
Original Poster
#18 Old 8th Jul 2005 at 8:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by chrisnjosh
Whats a bump?
Great list, but I cant get
stringProp lotWindowFillColor (0,0,0,1)
to work

Well, I don't test all of these cheats. That's why many of them are "Unknown".

EDIT: A bump is when you write random stuff to "bump" :bump: the thread to the top of the latest posts so more people care.
Field Researcher
#19 Old 11th Jul 2005 at 2:45 PM
Oh, I see.
Thanks anyway.
Test Subject
#20 Old 11th Jul 2005 at 3:01 PM
Hehehe, "boolProp noStupidIFFLocking true/false".

Good find...

(There's probably a reason these cheats weren't exactly released to the public)
Inventor
Original Poster
#21 Old 11th Jul 2005 at 5:34 PM
These are the cheats that run the game. Like variables. Pokeylope has a great understanding of it.

Quote:
So basically the cheat box is like a command menu, like in alot of First Person Shooters? The kind where it shows "Load Map- #mapname' or something?

These are not really "cheats, these are the commands that run the game, but they run off the cheat box. So if you click the No free Will option in game, the game secretly loads the cheat box and loads the command "boolProp freeWill true/false - Another way to change the Free Will option."
You don't see this, but it happens.
Inventor
Original Poster
#22 Old 11th Jul 2005 at 5:37 PM
And because these are the inner structure of the game, Maxis doesn't want it getting out. Whenever you save, the game makes a log of your current settings when you saved. That's where I found the list.
Field Researcher
#23 Old 11th Jul 2005 at 5:48 PM
There are two cheat codes (sorry but can't remember them !), the one used to have no limit number of floors (max. 250), and another one that puts objects in a 45ยบ position. Do this cheat codes need Uni.?
Field Researcher
#24 Old 11th Jul 2005 at 5:51 PM
Does any one know a cheat code to have more than 8 sims per lot? (This cheat code will be very useful to me because I like to do apartment buildings, so I can have about 20 sims per lot), and does it require Uni.?
Test Subject
#25 Old 11th Jul 2005 at 5:54 PM
*finds own cheat log* you mean the one that listed in logs, and has the name of your computer?
Locked thread
Page 1 of 3