Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Subtle Glance Eye Replacements (Smaller Pupil & Iris!)

by HystericalParoxysm Posted 19th Jul 2009 at 1:40 AM

46 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 40 Feedback Posts, 5 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
#2 Old 19th Jul 2009 at 2:11 AM
Very nice!! But as owner of a high resolution monitor (and bad eyesight) I say bring on the big eyes!
Field Researcher
#3 Old 19th Jul 2009 at 2:44 AM
Yay! I am so pleased these are uploaded now. I can stop hiding my sims now and get them uploaded without stealing the limelight :P

FYI - They look wonderful in game. I have been using these the last few days (Thanks HP :D) and its great to have 'normal' looking eyes on my sims - I dont let them touch the shrooms because it bugs me when they get stoned and drowned themselves in the neighbours pool...
Field Researcher
#4 Old 19th Jul 2009 at 3:02 AM
These are really gorgeous...and so much more realistic than the other options we've had up until now! I'm a little bummed that they don't work with your custard faces, but these might just be worth the sacrifice! Thanks so much for sharing them.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#5 Old 19th Jul 2009 at 3:04 AM
Aikea's faces are so much better than mine, losing the Custard faces ain't a huge sacrifice. Srsly. Just use hers. They're made of win and frosting.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
#6 Old 19th Jul 2009 at 3:20 AM
HystericalPeach, would you poop dinosaurs if I used this as a sort of straight-edge to line my eyes up to? I tried to make them smaller (but them the eyeball itself changed colour).
retired moderator
Original Poster
#7 Old 19th Jul 2009 at 3:24 AM
Cutthroat_Dollie - The phrase "poop dinosaurs" makes me giggle like I'm eight. And you (and anyone else) is always totally welcome to use anything I've made for whatever the hell they want as long as I get a little mention and a link somewhere if you directly use any of my textures or meshes or whatever in the final version. If you just use 'em as a template, I don't care a bit. I think the issue you're probably having is with only changing the actual eye texture itself, but not the overlay - you have to scale the overlay texture to match the shape of your eyes. Aikea Guinea's got a great tutorial on it in the CASParts subsection of Create>TS3 here.

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Field Researcher
#8 Old 19th Jul 2009 at 3:53 AM
I love these these are the first really natural looking eye defaults i'v seen
Test Subject
#9 Old 19th Jul 2009 at 5:05 AM
I like these a lot, I currently didn't really find any eyes I liked till now so thank you :]. I'm a little sad I can't use your custard faces anymore I really loved them but I'll try something new.
Test Subject
#10 Old 19th Jul 2009 at 5:18 AM
Thank you very much!!! These are very realistic!
Test Subject
#11 Old 19th Jul 2009 at 5:27 AM
oh my good, this is a brilliant deed. the TS3 eyes bugged me so much!
thanks thanks thanks
Field Researcher
#12 Old 19th Jul 2009 at 8:02 AM
Ahhh at last ^^ Lol Thank you !! I was waiting someone to do this
Inventor
#13 Old 19th Jul 2009 at 9:58 AM
YES! I hated the big mushroom eyes! Thank you very much.

You never know what’s comin’ for ya.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 19th Jul 2009 at 10:01 AM
I hated this too, so glad you reduced the size of the pupils. Now I can make smaller eyelids and sizes. Thanks alot!

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Test Subject
#15 Old 19th Jul 2009 at 11:04 AM
Cool idea! A big big big big thanks to you for this download!
Forum Resident
#16 Old 19th Jul 2009 at 1:17 PM
Yay, HP. Thank you, sooooooo much. Finally, Sims who are not Zombies.
Test Subject
#17 Old 19th Jul 2009 at 9:36 PM
So do these just change the size, or do they also completely replace the eye textures?
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 19th Jul 2009 at 11:07 PM
I always picture them as this one.
Smaller pupil,
much more realistic! Thank you!
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 20th Jul 2009 at 4:08 AM
oops I deleted my message.
I like the realistic effect. I'm trying this now.
Test Subject
#20 Old 20th Jul 2009 at 7:42 AM
*** Never mind...Googled it and think maybe found it The faces recommended weren't with Aikea's work here when checked the profile page.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#21 Old 20th Jul 2009 at 12:23 PM
tonitakitty - Both.

Instructor
#22 Old 20th Jul 2009 at 9:11 PM
So it's the overlays that cause that issue! Gah, I wish I'd known that when I was making my defaults! Thanks for these, HP.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 21st Jul 2009 at 6:42 PM
now i have a question. is there anyway that we and when i say we i really mean me is there any way to still use your lovely eyes and also BrightEyes Colorblend Texture Replacements by Miniie because i really love her textures around the pupils it just looks so awesome in-game. just a thought...

.: don't expect from me what you would from other people, it's just not possible :.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#24 Old 21st Jul 2009 at 6:43 PM
MiMiN86 - Nope. They're both replacements. Gotta choose one or the other.

Test Subject
#25 Old 21st Jul 2009 at 7:59 PM
Will this skin fit with your eyes, or not:
http://www.peggyzone.com/Sims3Detail.html?id=000003
Page 1 of 2