Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Sep 2014 at 10:58 AM
Default [Q] Subtle seam on shoe mesh, and a crash.
Hmm, so I managed to fix a rather ugly UV mapping error in a teen conversion of a child shoe mesh I did. I decided to do it the hard way rather than in TSRW mostly out of curiosity - I used Mesh Toolkit to generate morph geoms based on the stock BGEOs, and MorphMaker to turn them into morphs, then shoved them into a package along with the edited GEOMs. The shoes seem to look fine ingame, but there's a rather subtle seam in the ankles, and that's despite the ankle and shoe vertices lined up using the Milkshape data merge tools.

Also to note was that the game seems to crash randomly, either almost immediately after switching to the offending shoe, or several minutes after. Could these symptoms be due to the way I did the morphs?

Here's a screenshot of the shoes I tried to cobble up the hard way (i.e. S3PE, MorphMaker and Mesh Toolkit):

...and the same pair done with TSRW:

I also attached the package with the offending shoes just in case.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  tfShoesNextPointy.zip (209.0 KB, 4 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#2 Old 30th Sep 2014 at 3:51 AM
Sorry for the bump, but anyone?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Oct 2014 at 9:36 AM
Again I'm really, really sorry for the triple post, but anyone???
is going to be a cat when she grows up.
retired moderator
#4 Old 11th Oct 2014 at 10:02 AM
Have you tried aligning the normals? That sometimes helps to fix visible seams.

Strangers in a Strange Land--The Shin Yi Legacy | last updated 3.7.2014
My Simblr | Is probably NSFW
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 11th Oct 2014 at 10:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by spladoum
Have you tried aligning the normals? That sometimes helps to fix visible seams.

Hmm, let's see it would do the trick.