Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Oct 2014 at 6:53 PM
Default Problem with alpha skirt (w/ cmars mesh toolkit)
Hello!
I have a small problem with my alpha skirt tries.
The texture of the skirt always is shown on the legs mehs too.

I barely find any help on this, as everything concerning alpha skrits seems to be for sims 2 and bloom is so far (please correct me!) doing something like this.

Here is my process:
I extract the simgeos for adult female nude and and an adult female skirt.
I load them both in blender. When I add the textures in blender (dds), everything seems ok and the UVs are fine for both meshes.
Then I export the two meshes (after editing) as two simgeo files and load in CMars meshtoolkit.
After exporting everything works fine, except the mesh of the legs under the skirt also show the skirt texture.

Any hint will be welcome, even if it involves other tools. I am very unfamiliar with milkshape, but should i ditch blender because of that?
I feel like I just forget something small --- :cylon:
Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#2 Old 31st Oct 2014 at 10:19 PM
Between this and your other post I think I see what you're trying to do. This is one of the problems with layered meshes - you only have one texture per item of clothing. Normally you would map the skirt to a part of the texture that's not on where the legs are mapped.

The only problem with Blender is that it automatically smooths normals which creates a visible seam at the neck, waist, and ankles. There's no way I know of to turn that off but you can match the seam normals using Toolkit.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Nov 2014 at 12:06 AM
Default long time no read
just found the other post first :-)
THX again.