Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Sep 2018 at 4:28 PM
Default What have the neighbors been doing lately?
Since story progression is integrated part of the game, I thought would be a good idea to open a thread that kind acts like WHIYR? thread but passively to other sims that aren't apart of the active household. So... yeah.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 17th Sep 2018 at 9:10 PM
Several couples in my Legacy 'hood keep fighting & getting pregnant & still fighting. I posted about this not too long ago, I didn't understand why! Usually one or both Sims have the hot-headed trait. Only one Sim was brave enough to get out of her bad relationship =\
I got fed up with one couple (Spencer Funke and my CAS Vampire, Lydia), so I cheated to have Lydia up and kill him to end it! Lydia found a newer, much younger man later that day, they're married now.
Forum Resident
#3 Old 18th Sep 2018 at 4:56 PM
I have an upper class caste set up through nraas. They're only allowed to marry within that caste and I've been using arranged marriages. Problem is, they all keep cheating on each other. Now a bunch of them have illegitimate offspring, which is fine by itself but many of the kids are related. As a result, much of the next generation will have to marry second cousins.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 18th Sep 2018 at 7:30 PM
I haven't been doing any 16 and Pregnant or India-themed saves, but I have been keeping a small population of entirely '80s-themed background characters around and they seem to be really fond of wearing randomly generated outfits, despite not having any reason whatsoever to do so.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Field Researcher
#5 Old 19th Sep 2018 at 4:33 PM
"Nraas' Story Progression: The Sinker of All of EA's Ships"

I had one of my sims taking a vacation (with Traveller) to Moonlight Falls so she could write without little annoyances like work. A couple of days into her vacation, she's typing away when Story Progression decides that EA makes horrible relationship choices and it obviously hates the Twilight saga. First off, the Bailey/Tristan relationship EA expects you to set up- nope! It shoves Bailey with one of the MacDuff twins and Tristian with Daydream Ivy. The other Van Gould, Emelie (or however it's spelled), falls out of her romantic interest in Waylon Wolff and hooks up with the other MacDuff twin.

I don't think I've had a game where Story Progression puts Bailey and Tristan together because, honestly, their traits aren't that compatible.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 19th Sep 2018 at 8:57 PM
They're being horrible parents, as per usual. The children I see around town are never accompanied by family. My sim hit the bar at 3am and one kid was there singing karaoke with a 'family friend'... uh huh. This week, one single mother took the cake. She and her child moved in with a single dad. Next thing I hear, she has moved again - ALONE. Yep, the daughter was left with the unrelated stranger and his child. Time to call CPS on the entire town.

omnis mundi creatura
Mad Poster
#7 Old 20th Sep 2018 at 9:53 AM
I've had inactive families fill their homes with platters of spoiled food and the Ivanovitch family is starting to complain that their little starter home is way too small for them now since they found themselves outgrowing it over the winter.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 22nd Sep 2018 at 9:30 AM
I heard the death rattle of my inventor neighbor... She started screaming in the middle of the night and it took me a minute to figure where the sound was coming from. Turns out she was on fire from her workbench and I only knew this after I had my sim "look into window". I wanted to help her but the door was locked and she ded so fast...

Also I've been having a lot of bastard children in town. They seem to hook up, pop out a kid or two, and then part ways. It absolutely sucks because I can't find a single sim now without kids.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 22nd Sep 2018 at 10:21 AM Last edited by Kylaaab : 23rd Sep 2018 at 1:44 AM.
Sooo many sim child-support notifications.

So, I guess.. the neighbors are paying child support.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 22nd Sep 2018 at 2:30 PM
No one has the balls to finally marry off their partner. All I see are eternal Engaged Sims, Engaged until they die or finally break up when reaching Elder to elope with the son/daughter of their classmate back in high school (they die being Engaged, of course). In the end, the town became a matriarchy, where the Sims trace their ancestry through the mother.