Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#926 Old 16th Jul 2007 at 1:34 AM
Wow, the final round entries just blew me away! Congrats to all the winners and especially Carmilla for coming 1st...your pictures are fabulous!!
Such a great contest Jocus...looking forward to the 2nd cycle!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#927 Old 16th Jul 2007 at 1:40 AM
Looks like three of us got the exact same score! Lol. Well congrats to everyone-- we did it! And extra big congrats to Carmilla for her top spot. This was an awesome contest and I'll be waiting to see the next cycle!
#928 Old 16th Jul 2007 at 2:13 AM
Holy crap... I got third? *faints* I wasn't expecting that at all! Thank you so much to the judges, and congrats to Carmilla and Destin And to everyone else of course, who blew my socks off each and every round!

And, of course, hundreds of thanks to Jocus, for running what I think is the best contest I have ever seen on this forum. :bow: It was nothing short of perfection, giving everybody here the chance to truly express themselves as artists. It's impossible to describe how much I've learned from this contest, both from the judges and from my fellow contestants. I can't wait to see even more talent emerge in Cycle 2.
Scholar
#929 Old 16th Jul 2007 at 2:31 AM
Congratulations everyone!!!! Especially Carmilla, you're a genius! Jocus thank you for being such a thoughtful, funny and genuine host. Thank you to the judges for having the ability to actually judge a contest like this and having a keen eye for photographic details. Thanks to all who entered and shared your creativity with us.

Congrats you guys!!
Test Subject
#930 Old 16th Jul 2007 at 3:18 AM
Oh wow I’m shocked thank you judges. This contest has been so much fun I loved seeing everyones pictures. I hope there is a The World’s Next Elite Photographer 2.

I wrote a photoshop tutorial here on my Livejournal forever ago if anyone was interested. It has nothing to do with the sims, it’s just general retouching stuff, but since some people asked for a sims tutorial I thought I’d share it while I’m working on finishing the sims one I started.
#931 Old 16th Jul 2007 at 3:22 AM
I'm kinda speechless lol.

Carmilla, Congrats!

Spongity, way to go! Cin, Simdealist, Lome and Spiffy, fantastic work. I felt in good company with all of you. You all produced pieces that inspired real emotion as opposed to just being pretty pixels, and for that I utterly respect you all, as I do everyone else who produced such uniquely beautiful and emotional work in this contest.

My thanks to the judges!

Jocus, you've been amazing and inspiring in every way. Thank you for all your hard work and effort. I highly respect you as a contest host, a human being and an artist. :D

:baloons: :cdance:

Cheers all
Top Secret Researcher
#932 Old 16th Jul 2007 at 6:30 AM
Well done everyone!
I've said htis millions of times, but you've all been a pleasure to judge!
Test Subject
#933 Old 16th Jul 2007 at 8:12 AM
Wow, congrats to everyone who placed, especially Carmilla. You all would have deserved to win this contest! :grouphug:
Test Subject
#934 Old 16th Jul 2007 at 1:59 PM
Congrats Carmilla!! Very well deserved! *hugs Destin, Cin, Spongity, Lome, and Spiffy* We did well, guys!

Thank you for being such a great host, Jocus! *hugs*

To the judges - thank you for your critiques. I have learned (and hopefully will learn more) from them. And I'm very flattered that you want to use my third pic as a desktop, Judge 1. *g* I don't mind at all. :D
#935 Old 16th Jul 2007 at 6:15 PM
Congrats Carmilla, SimsArtThat :cdance: and Spongity! Well deserved wins! :clap:

And congrats to Jocus for a job very well done. :bow:
Test Subject
Original Poster
#936 Old 16th Jul 2007 at 10:34 PM
Thank you everyone, I really appreciate the love :grouphug: I just love huggin' you all!

I immensely enjoyed this contest, it really exceeded all of my expectations, and I can't wait for cycle 2, which I hope many of you will return! It's been an absolute pleasure and honor to host such marvelous contestants, thank you for the opportunity.

Also bP for being so patient and understanding, and MagicBeans, Nostalgicpaty, Francisco and Tyler for the prizes! I've just sent them to our winners and judges. Which, as well, to all the judges, Foolin', Vaalyah, Daltonism, SkZ and Scout, I know how hard it was, not only because of the each incredible entry, but because of the time it took as well, and just thank you for hanging in there! :banana:

Take care everyone and keep producing those works of art! :clap:

-Jocus Dorkus feeling very happy- :kami:

"The grey cells, the grey cells! They are my most potent friends!"
#937 Old 17th Jul 2007 at 12:09 AM
well done everyone you did a superb job

well done carmilla, desitn and spongity
and jorcus, your a fantastic host ...
#938 Old 17th Jul 2007 at 2:23 AM
:grouphug: Jocus

and wow, I totally forgot about the awesome prizes since I was having such a great time lol. Thanks Magic :cdance: Nostalgic, Tyler and Francisco :D
Forum Resident
#939 Old 17th Jul 2007 at 3:56 PM
oh wow! Congrats Carmilla, Destin and Spongity! I'm so happy for all of you!!! :D

I'm an old simmer who just can't seem to quit...

Page 38 of 38