Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
#76 Old 14th Apr 2012 at 2:02 PM
So EXCITED for this. Aaaaah!

And the fact we can preorder now is a sort of safeguard that it wont just be dropped

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Advertisement
Scholar
#77 Old 17th Apr 2012 at 9:54 PM
NEW UPLOADED VIDEO!

SimCity GlassBox Game Engine Part 2 - Scenario 2: The Economic Engine

DESCRIPTION:
Insider's Look at the new Glassbox engine powering the next SimCity game. SimCity Gameplay Lead Dan Moskowitz describes the Water System and Water Delivery methods in the game.

Sim Renders
www.ansettanimation.com

Ansett Animation Studios is a subsidiary of RomerJon17 Productions © 2019 - 2020
Scholar
#78 Old 1st May 2012 at 10:08 PM
NEW UPLOADED VIDEO!

SimCity GlassBox Game Engine Part 2 - Scenario 3: Fire

DESCRIPTION:
Insider's Look at the new GlassBox engine powering the next SimCity game. SimCity Gameplay Lead Dan Moskowitz describes the creation and spread of fire in the game.

Sim Renders
www.ansettanimation.com

Ansett Animation Studios is a subsidiary of RomerJon17 Productions © 2019 - 2020
Top Secret Researcher
#79 Old 1st May 2012 at 10:43 PM
Really like the look of it. But it annoys me to no end that the boxes around the houses are greener than the regular landscape. Hope they include som "filler" like in Cities XL.

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Mad Poster
#80 Old 2nd May 2012 at 6:37 PM
Does anyone know the release date?

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#81 Old 2nd May 2012 at 7:05 PM
This is looking great, I really love these videos where we can see how the game works.
Scholar
#82 Old 3rd May 2012 at 10:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
This is looking great, I really love these videos where we can see how the game works.

I just keep in touch with the videos =)
When Simcity video uploaded on YouTube, I will post on this thread quick =)

Sim Renders
www.ansettanimation.com

Field Researcher
#83 Old 4th May 2012 at 10:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ive
Really like the look of it. But it annoys me to no end that the boxes around the houses are greener than the regular landscape. Hope they include som "filler" like in Cities XL.

Keep in mind that what you see so far are placeholders and not the final product.
So that can change.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#84 Old 4th May 2012 at 11:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by candesco
Keep in mind that what you see so far are placeholders and not the final product. So that can change.

Yeah those are not the intended final graphics - the guy keeps saying so on the videos. All I can say is if it's as good as SC2000 (though updated with lots of whizzy graphics and a bazillion new features) then my game playing will be settled for the next decade. It's looking pretty promising in those vids.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Top Secret Researcher
#85 Old 4th May 2012 at 7:57 PM
Yea of course So I hope there will be fillers so that the landscapes can look even.

Scholar
#86 Old 4th Jun 2012 at 10:31 PM Last edited by RomerJon17 : 5th Jun 2012 at 6:28 AM.
NEW VIDEO UPLOADED
SimCity E3 Gameplay Trailer

Sim Renders
www.ansettanimation.com

The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#87 Old 5th Jun 2012 at 1:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RomerJon17
NEW VIDEO UPLOADED
SimCity E3 Gameplay Trailer

That's 404-ing for me. Dammit.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
Theorist
#88 Old 5th Jun 2012 at 1:22 AM
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#89 Old 5th Jun 2012 at 2:10 AM
Thanks - not sure whether that's awesome or not. There seem to be a lot of ploppable buildings. OTOH - rampaging dinosaur.

Retired
retired moderator
#90 Old 5th Jun 2012 at 5:23 AM
A little bit of bad news though

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Scholar
#91 Old 5th Jun 2012 at 6:36 AM Last edited by RomerJon17 : 5th Jun 2012 at 11:12 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
That's 404-ing for me. Dammit.

Sorry I forgot to put a "g" on the ending of the URL :/

SimCity: Never Stop Building

^^ MUST WATCH, MUST WATCH, MUST WATCH ^^

Sim Renders
www.ansettanimation.com

Theorist
#92 Old 5th Jun 2012 at 9:41 PM
That's a shame about the always-on connection. I was pretty much going to be buying this sight unseen but having experienced EA's lack of support and complete disregard for their customers (and zero faith in the technical abilities, they can't even maintain a website ffs) this game will need to be OMG1!! amazing before I'll consider buying it now.
Top Secret Researcher
#93 Old 5th Jun 2012 at 10:43 PM
I will get this regardless. I'm starved for a city builder.

At least there is hope since Maxis is in. Maybe if the "work relationship" is good, they will have them on for TS4 too. Fingers crossed.

Mad Poster
#94 Old 5th Jun 2012 at 11:44 PM
The always online crap makes me ill, but I was already holding back my excitement when I heard the game was going to be released. So...I am not really surprised there would be some BS thrown into the mix to muck it up.

I guess TS4 is going to have the same fate. :\
Top Secret Researcher
#95 Old 5th Jun 2012 at 11:49 PM
If TS4 get that, then I'm gonna flip.

Sims has always been a backup for me. So that when internet has been down etc I would always play.

Anyway, no more off-topic for me.

Lab Assistant
#96 Old 12th Jun 2012 at 5:33 AM
Always online connection required? DRM? Multiplayer online economy? City evolves while I'm not playing? Way to ruin another fan favourite, EA. I won't be buying this after all.
Forum Resident
#97 Old 5th Oct 2012 at 4:57 AM
New 9 minute gameplay video.

"Given enough time, hydrogen starts to wonder where it came from, and where it is going." - Edward R. Harrison
Lab Assistant
#98 Old 7th Oct 2012 at 3:56 AM
That 9 minute video answered some of my questions but leaves more unanswered or even brings more questions begging for answers.

1. What about food? Restaurants were mentioned. Will there be farms? Where will the farms be?
2. What happened to industry? It looks like there is only one wealth level of industry when there are 3 (4 if you include agriculture) in SimCity 4, which is further elaborated in Cities XL with resource chains (all factories require office services, heavy industry requires fuel, manufacturing industry requires heavy industrial products, high tech industry requires manufactured goods, and larger offices require high tech goods).
3. Since resources are a major part of the Glass Box engine? What resources will be used? Will there be automotive industry (present in SimCity 2000 as a taxable industry and present as buildings with mere statistics identical to manufacturing industry for factories and Commercial services for dealerships)? Will recycling center make garbage disappear or will it turn garbage into ore/metal/products? If there are farms, will there be textile industry? Textile factories would take organic materials from farms/plantations for fibers and dyes or use the petrochemical industry to make clothing, which could be sold in boutiques or could be a component of cars.
4. Will there be other "Big Businesses" other than Petroleum, Metal, Trade, and Gambling?
5. How will they fix the perpendicular train crossing, which even Monte Cristo/Focus Home interactive could not fix?
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#99 Old 7th Oct 2012 at 11:30 AM
Resource chains - yes, please.

Scholar
#100 Old 9th Oct 2012 at 9:50 AM
They better make subways and make really good railway crossing :D

Sim Renders
www.ansettanimation.com

Page 4 of 7