Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Sep 2014 at 8:34 PM
Default I want to give my mod away for fixes
My mod is a complete Army ACU uniform and I keep getting told to fix shadows and pictures. Its my tribute to the United States Army as I am a patriot. I want to show my support but i'm far too frustrated to with the reviewing process after completely revamping it several times and still getting it rejected. I considered uploading it elsewhere but I want my content here. I dont even care about getting credit for it at this point as it has caused me too much frusteration trying over and over again to fix it. Im not sure if im allowed to do this but I just want it available for everyone so anyone willing to do whatever is needed to get it uploaded is welcome to it

This upload scored 122 out of a maximum of 145 points.

The staff also had some other reasons (these may be clarifications of above points, or additional reasons):
I'm sorry but I have to reject this now as the changes weren't made in time. I'll leave Lee's comment from the last CR you got so that you can get back to it and work on this later. Please make sure to have everything fixed (esp. highlights/shadows) and to provide nice big pictures before you re-upload this again.

I'm sad to see this go as I really do like it.

Quote from last CR:

"The buttons on the front pocket are really just a dark circle, not a button. Please add buttons

You need to ensure that you use the layers in your image editor to add highlights and shading. Right now, the ingame shots look to use only the bumpmap and that is why they look a lot less nice than they do in CAS.

Use this tutorial: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=140780

If you have a plain color as base you can use the multiplier with a grayscale texture to get the highlights and shading.

Take bigger pictures. Zoom in on the details ingame (but not too close or it goes blurry)

Lee"
Advertisement
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#2 Old 30th Sep 2014 at 11:40 PM
Moving to CAS Parts because that's where the CAS people congregate =).

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#3 Old 1st Oct 2014 at 12:04 AM
Hello. I am really sad you gave up on it. Do you still have the layered file? The psd whatever?

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 1st Oct 2014 at 1:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by leefish
Hello. I am really sad you gave up on it. Do you still have the layered file? The psd whatever?

The .dds or .package? I don't really understand your terminology

Also question: can I just make mods and hand them off so I don't have to go through the taking pics and adding descriptions and such? I like the creation process but I hate the uploading process with a passion
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#5 Old 1st Oct 2014 at 1:45 AM
Not really, though I do understand how you feel; taking pics and writing posts is one of my main causes for prevarication re uploading.

What did you use to make the texture? Photoshop, Gimp,Paint.net? I for example use Adobe CS2 which I got free (totally legit) and I make a psd with layers. This makes the process of tweaking a texture for things like transparency a lot easier. That is the file I am interested in looking at, though the package as well would make it even easier. Did you look at the tutorial I linked?

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 1st Oct 2014 at 2:01 AM
Not really, though I do understand how you feel; taking pics and writing posts is one of my main causes for prevarication re uploading.

What did you use to make the texture? Photoshop, Gimp,Paint.net? I for example use Adobe CS2 which I got free (totally legit) and I make a psd with layers. This makes the process of tweaking a texture for things like transparency a lot easier. That is the file I am interested in looking at, though the package as well would make it even easier. Did you look at the tutorial I linked?

Yes thats how I learned to mod. I use gimp2 and the only formats I deal with is .dds and .package. I do use layering with my mods to keep the shadows intact but I dont save each layer individually. I combine and export as .dds. If im correct, PSD is photo shop document so I wouldnt deal with that format
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#7 Old 1st Oct 2014 at 2:16 AM
Right, so you actually have the original layered file. The issue with your upload was this: First upload had no pockets on the texture at all (on the front) - you then reuploaded with the suit we see today. Your only ingame shot was of a sim facedown doing pushups. That is not an ingame picture that allows uploaders to asses the quality of your upload. You then reposted with those pictures and I discussed this with the other mods (as told you we did) and it was generally agreed that you were not allowing the shadows to come through. I sent the cr you posted. You did not update or communicate in any way.

We don't want to stop you sharing your creations - I want to encourage you and help you. If you don't have the file anymore (the layered file which you can save as a psd from Gimp) then I can't see what you are (or are not) doing to the texture.

Moving this to Creator Feedback.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 1st Oct 2014 at 2:26 AM
Right, so you actually have the original layered file. The issue with your upload was this: First upload had no pockets on the texture at all (on the front) - you then reuploaded with the suit we see today. Your only ingame shot was of a sim facedown doing pushups. That is not an ingame picture that allows uploaders to asses the quality of your upload. You then reposted with those pictures and I discussed this with the other mods (as told you we did) and it was generally agreed that you were not allowing the shadows to come through. I sent the cr you posted. You did not update or communicate in any way.

We don't want to stop you sharing your creations - I want to encourage you and help you. If you don't have the file anymore (the layered file which you can save as a psd from Gimp) then I can't see what you are (or are not) doing to the texture.

Moving this to Creator Feedback.

I realise that I was replying to the actual reviews which I guess are computer generated but I haven't quite figured out how to pm yet. So yes my lack forum knowledge had a big impact on this mod. I figured I was being ignored so the original mod expired from the queue as I awaited a reply. I also haven't figured gimp out either. I had trouble saving layers so I didnt bother. My creativity and love for the Sims made me want to mod but my complete lack of pc knowledge makes it a little difficult
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#9 Old 1st Oct 2014 at 3:26 AM
Those computer generated reviews were by me We have this huge list that we go through so that all creators are treated as equally as we can.

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=531903

If you get a changes required you have several options; one is to reply on the changes in the box, tick the checkbox and press the big blue button. That is ok for small things, but if you want to ask a more detailed question then we have Creator Issues.

You reach that by clicking on the CREATE link in the menu at the top of the site; then creator Forums > Creator Issues > Ask your question. We don't bite, we do want you to have fun creating and sharing, and like I said, I sympathise on the pictures :P