Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Oct 2014 at 8:01 AM Last edited by SIMCITIZEN4 : 13th Oct 2014 at 9:11 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
Default Game only recognizes built in Graphics Card and not the extra card
Hi, I checked my DeviceConfig.log (from this link: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...zed_by_the_game) and it only notes the Intel HD Graphics Family Card on my laptop. I also have an AMD Radeon R5 M240 installed and Sims 3 doesn't pick it up. I do not want to play the game with the Intel graphics card as it is too weak. How do I get Sims 3 to recognize the stronger Radeon card.

The extra card is also not listed in DXDiag. If I right click on the desktop however both graphics cards are noted.

I have also read this link: http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...25#startcomment but as I have an AMD Radeon I have the same problems as the others with a Radeon graphics card and cannot seem to sort this out.

Thanks.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 13th Oct 2014 at 8:43 AM
Have you tried to do it manually? Right-click the shortcut for the game, find the "run with graphic processor" line, and choose "change standard graphic processor". You should be able to change it, and then the game will run on the better card every time you play.

Above the "change standard graphic processor" line, your cards should be listed, so if the above fails somehow, you should be able to select the card manually. You'll have to do that every time, though.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Oct 2014 at 9:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Have you tried to do it manually? Right-click the shortcut for the game, find the "run with graphic processor" line, and choose "change standard graphic processor". You should be able to change it, and then the game will run on the better card every time you play.

Above the "change standard graphic processor" line, your cards should be listed, so if the above fails somehow, you should be able to select the card manually. You'll have to do that every time, though.

Thanks simmer22 I have followed your suggestion but nowhere do I have (or see) a 'run with graphic processor' line.