Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Dec 2012 at 4:06 PM Last edited by Mia Moonstar : 2nd May 2013 at 7:48 PM.
The Theatre(On hiatus)
So, even though I'm a newbie at this site, I'm a bit experienced in RP and decided to start a new thread I take drama classes after school myself, so this just naturally popped into my head:

It will be about a group of young people, in the age of 12-15, that go to the same school. They don't necessarily have anything in common, except for the fact that each one has some struggles in their lives. It can be anything, from matters of the heart to issues at home.
And when autumn comes around and school starts, a note has been put on the schools billboard about a new after-school activity, more precisely a drama group. Three times a week in the auditorium, with no charges whatsoever. Seeing it as a chance to meet new people and maybe let out some repressed emotions, some of the teens decide to try it out.

A lot of the posts will hopefully be set on school time rather than in the auditorium, but we'll see how it evolves. That, of course, if anyone decides to join me This RP will be both freeform and a bit of a game, since I'll play the drama teacher, Miss (Camarda) Demarce. (And her daughter Tarah.)

Here's the character form:
Name:
Best described(in 3 words):

Backstories are optional, but I prefer to get to know them little by little, while we're roleplaying.

Here's everyone's characters, for easier access:

Quote:
You will do foolish things, but do them with enthusiasm. - Colette
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 30th Dec 2012 at 3:51 PM
Name: Clarissa Merington
Appearance: Short for her age, medium long brown hair, with green eyes
Best described(in 3 words): Shy, Studious, Cowardly
Test Subject
#3 Old 4th Jan 2013 at 4:55 PM
Name: Sapphire White
Appearance: Small, has red hair and bright blue eyes.
Best described(in 3 words): Funny, pretty, energetic
Mad Poster
#4 Old 5th Jan 2013 at 9:51 AM
I'll have a go at this

Name: Tayla Blake
Appearance: Average size, brown hair and bright blue eyes.
Best described(in 3 words): Funny, Grumpy, Shy

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
Steam ID: PadukSteam
Test Subject
#5 Old 13th Jan 2013 at 3:05 AM Last edited by JustAnotherGirl : 13th Jan 2013 at 3:14 AM. Reason: Forgot the bio!
Name:Samantha Marley
Apperance:A bit chubby,Hypnotic green eyes,freckles,pink lips and brownish reddish hair
3 words: Depressed,Fearless,Rebelious
Bio:After dealing with her parents divorce,her moms annoying boyfriend and kids moving in,failing in school and her cat dying-Samantha just wanted an escape-and drama club might be the way out...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 31st Jan 2013 at 6:23 PM
Sorry for not checking in that much, real life has been a pain in the bum Good to see that people have been joining in on the idea, and I think that we're ready to start soon, just want to wait and see if there's any more characters out there

Quote:
Test Subject
#7 Old 10th Mar 2013 at 4:41 PM
If your thread is still open, I will totally join
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 13th Mar 2013 at 6:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by UnPerfect1996
If your thread is still open, I will totally join

Sure, just edit the post to a character sheet and I'll think of a good starting post

Quote:
Inventor
#9 Old 17th Mar 2013 at 3:23 AM
Name: Kennedy Hart
Appearence: See picture below
Best describe in 3 words" brave, studious, friendly/loyal
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 19th Mar 2013 at 12:15 PM
A school bell rings. French class is over, and so is school as of the day. Tarah keeps a hard grip with both her arms around her books against her chest, and quickly walks out of the classroom. Continuing towards her locker, she avoids eye-contact with the ones near her by staring on the shiny floor. The day is not over yet: she still has to go to her mothers newly opened drama group.
After a few minutes of walking she is already at the auditorium. Her head pokes in and she becomes terrified when seeing the crowd of youth already on stage, so she backs away in a rapid move. After a couple of deep breaths she feels confident enough to try again, and goes in, this time with her whole body. As she walks up to them her mother waves at her, and a lot of faces turn in her direction.

Quote:
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 20th Mar 2013 at 12:11 AM
Clarissa's POV
I looked at the door as the girl walked it. I was pretty sure she was related to Mrs. Demarce, because she looked almost exactly like her, except for hair color and age, of course. I remembered that my hair color was different to my mother, but only because I dye it brown. I don't thing my dirty blonde hair suits my personality or my eyes as much as brown does. She told us to sit down in one of the seats. I looked down at the book our teacher passed out to us. It had bunches of drama points, exercises, and short scenes in them.
"Welcome to drama. We'll be learning the many arts of acting. whether this be for a living or just for recreation, I think you'll LOVE this club. Ok, let's start with the basics. First..." She kind of started to ramble, but my head just blocked her out. Well, technically not me. It was one of the many hallucinations I get, Geezer. He's a cat with grey fur and white stripes. My schizophrenia basically isn't very violent, just a bunch of hallucinations. They all talk, even though only very few are human.
"Why are you here? You're gonna have to talk... seriously, what's gonna happen if those other buddies of yours sneak up on you during the final play? Huh?" Geezer's the one that is always trying to make me anxious. He did his job correctly. I was getting terrified.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 20th Mar 2013 at 7:05 AM
Tayla's POV
I don't even know why I was in the auditorium. It was a drunk bet that I made with a friend. I opened the door to the auditorium and I quietly stepped in. I knew I was late, but thanks to the large number of people in the auditorium, I slipped in unnoticed.
I sat down next to Clarissa, and I dropped my bag down on the ground.
"I am trying to teach a class here" Mrs. Demarce said.
"Sorry" I apologised, as I put my hands in my pocket.
"I'm never making a bet again" I thought to myself

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 20th Mar 2013 at 9:08 AM
Camarda has never considered herself a harsh teacher, although she did usually want things to go her way. It isn't easy to raise a daughter all on your own, and it's even harder when that said daughter was born when her mother was still 18, with no support from her parents. While talking she saw the different expressions each teen made, including Tarah's sigh. Her daughter already knows the book by heart, which can give her an unfair advantage towards the others, but her shyness makes up for it.
"But drama and theatre isn't all about books; it needs to come from here" she says and points at her heart while inspecting the teens, and then puts her hands together in a clap.
"Let's start with a voice exercise to warm our throats up" and does an arm gesture to get everybody to stand up.

Quote:
Mad Poster
#14 Old 21st Mar 2013 at 12:59 PM
I rose to my feet, and placed my hands in my pants pockets. The rest of the theatre group walked over to Carmada and they started to do some voice exercises. I stood at the back of the large group with Clarissa and Kennedy.
"I don't know why I'm even here" I said.
"You were dared remember" Kennedy started. "And your not the kind of person to say no to dares".
"I have terrible stage fright. I shouldn't have agreed to do this" I replied as Carmeda spoke up.
"You three... Up in the back". Most of the group moved out of the way as Carmeda, Kennedy and myself were shown.
"As you three like to talk during my class... You can go first" Carmeda said, as we made our way to the front of the class.
I tried to hold back my nerves and I spoke my first line, when someone in the class said a rude remark to me.
"Oi you" I said pointing to them. "Shut up"
Carmeda looked at me "You. Out of my class. Now" I grabbed my bag and happily headed for the exit, when I bumped into someone.
"Watch where your going" I said.

Lab Assistant
#15 Old 22nd Mar 2013 at 1:29 AM
I sat back down after the exercises while Mrs. Demarce explained to us the schedule.
"Every Tuesday and Thursday from . We meet in the auditorium unless it is booked, if it's booked you'll hear on the announcements the change in location. The week before a performance, we'll meet every day."
I knew that was going to get a bit of conflict in my schedule with my therapist, but it didn't really bother me. She started passing out the name of the first play of the year.
Mad Poster
#16 Old 22nd Mar 2013 at 6:43 AM
Tayla's POV
I knew that I was in deep trouble when I was sent out of class, and you know what, I didn't care.
I only signed up for the drama club because of a stupid drunk dare that I made.
I sat outside, letting the cool winter breeze hit me, when I saw the rest of the drama class walking out of the building. The class had ended and I saw Carmeda making a b-line for me.
"Tayla" She started. I started to walk away and I joined the rest of the large drama group and I walked out of the school gates.
"I'm not making anymore drunk bets" I thought to myself, as I pulled my phone out of my pocket.
I texted the guy that made the dare and I told him I failed. He texted me back and said that because I failed, I would have to do something for him.
I swallowed. "What do you want me to do" I texted him back.
"I want you to sabotage the next drama play" He replied

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 22nd Mar 2013 at 5:11 PM Last edited by Mia Moonstar : 22nd Mar 2013 at 8:25 PM.
"Tayla! Tayla wait!"
As the said girl stops and picks up the phone Camarda walks up close behind.
"Tayla, I want you to listen to me." she says in a low but firm voice.
The young girl stands still.
"I know that I may have sounded a bit too harsh in there. But theatre is my big passion in life, and I don't want to try and teach it out to people that don't give much about it, or who would rather be somewhere else. You should know that I didn't let the other persons in there who didn't give a diddely-squat off easy either, and in the end we were only about 1/3 left. I maybe judged you and the other kids a bit too soon, but if you really want to continue I'd gladly help you. What do you say?"

~~~

There, all set, Tarah thinks while slipping the pile of drama books down her mothers big white bag with purple spots. Good thing that the props ain't 'til next lesson.
Her mind starts to wander away, but her thoughts get interrupted by a clicking sound. She quickly turns around and notices another girl in the auditorium who has dropped a pen, although she doesn't seem to have noticed it.
"E-excuse me..." Tarah says quietly after walking up to the girl and picking up the pen from the floor. "I think you dropped this" she continues with a voice that can barely be heard by the human ear, but the large hall which they happen to be in makes even the slightest noise immediately louder.

Quote:
Mad Poster
#18 Old 22nd Mar 2013 at 10:52 PM
I thought for a second. "I guess I'll give it a go" I started. "I'm not the most confident person, but I think I'll do good", I finished as I put my hands in my pockets.
"All right" Carmeda started. "Here is the schedule for the class. As you missed the end of class, the next play is coming up" Carmeda said, passing me a piece of paper.
"All right, thanks" I said, as I shoved the schedule and flyer into my pocket.
As Carmeda walked off, I yanked my phone out of my pocket.
"Plans off" I texted. The bad thing was that I texted it to the wrong person.
"What plan" They texted back. I facepalmed my self. "Sorry, wrong person" I replied and then I sent the message to the right phone number.

Lab Assistant
#19 Old 23rd Mar 2013 at 1:10 AM
Clarissa's POV
I flopped down on my bed at my older sisters' (who are twins)house. Madison and Mackenzie ((Anybody get the reference?)) were, as usual, either at work or at some party. They're 20, so basically, they're never at home. I started to read a book, but suddenly got interested in something I could see in the living room. It was a letter from Mom. She's in France for work, and I have no clue where my dad would be. Instead of reading the letter, I looked at the title of the play. It was the fall play, so of course it had a fall theme. It happened to be a modern twist on "The Wizard Of Oz," a classic, and had a lot of singing and dancing in it, which I happen to be good at.
Mad Poster
#20 Old 23rd Mar 2013 at 2:17 AM
I unlocked the door to the house I was living in. My parents were never home, so I had to look after myself. I flopped down on the couch and I pulled the scrunched up flyer out of my pocket. I smoothed it out and started to read it.
"Fall theme" I said to myself. "The Wizard of Oz" I thought for a moment. I just remembered that I needed to make something to eat so I got up and walked to the kitchen to make my self dinner. Whilst I was eating I thought some more about the play "I think I'll try to be the Lion. I'm not the best singer... Or maybe I'll try out to be the tin man or the scarecrow" I thought, as I shoveled food into my mouth.
I heard the door slam open next, as my twin sister stormed into the room. "You need to buy food" She demanded.
I shook my head; "I bought them last week... Why can't you pay for them?" I asked.
"I don't have any money" She replied as I scoffed. "You spent all of your money on music and makeup... And you expect me to buy everything for you" I said. I walked to the door, grabbed my jacket and said "I'm going out for a while" I started. "And I'm not buying any food" I finished, as I let the door slam shut behind me.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 23rd Mar 2013 at 12:23 PM
((OOC:That awkward moment when I live in a country where The Wizard of Oz isn't that big of a thing so I have to search the storyline up on google/wikipedia))
((OOC: Also, could you please stop controlling my character, please! I had some ideas ready for the play and all, so you could at least PM me or something))

Tarah carefully parks the bicycle next to her mothers and unbuttons her helmet.
"Honey, wouldn't it be fun if we got a tandem bike?"
Camarda smiles at her daughter and Tarah rolls her eyes when her mother isn't looking.
All those ideas of hers, she thinks while fumbling with the keys to the studio apartment, which is about the only thing their family of two can afford.
The door swings up and with a lucky sigh Camarda sits down on her bed(which by the way can easily be re-modeled into a couch).
"Aren't you going to change into sweatpants first, or at least something cleaner than those jeans?" Tarah asks and goes to the kitchen(a couple meters away) to wash the pile of dishes.
Sometimes it feels like I'm the adult around here. She's still quite young but a little responsibility doesn't hurt no one.
"I don't think the jeans are that dirty" Camarda replies with a laugh. "What did you think of the class today?"
"I guess it was fine."
"You stayed later than the others, were you talking to some new friend of yours?"
Tarah sighs and shakes her head. The girl who dropped a pen earlier had just grabbed it from her hand and left immediately.
Camarda stands up, walks to her daughter and hugs her from the back, and says in a low voice:
"We'll get you some friends, I promise."

Quote:
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 23rd Mar 2013 at 1:20 PM
((OOC: Ok, sorry! If you want you can change it, I was really tired when I wrote that and wasn't thinking much, maybe you could have something happen so that we couldn't do that play?))
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#23 Old 23rd Mar 2013 at 2:08 PM
(Wednesday morning, first period/class/whatever it's called)

Typical mom to change her mind all of a sudden, Tarah thinks while putting her backpack in the gym locker. The Wizard of Oz isn't that good for beginners, but why do I have to go around telling people about the change? I'm not that good at talking to others anyway...
The lesson has almost started so there are only a couple of girls in the locker room, making it more comfortable for Tarah to change. Whilst in the middle of putting on her shirt she notices a brunette standing just a couple of meters away from her, staring into mid-air.
I wonder what she's thinking about?
Tarah takes a closer look.
"Excuse me" she starts in a bit squeaky voice, but clears her throat and continues, "You're Clarissa, right? From yesterday?"

Quote:
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 23rd Mar 2013 at 8:34 PM
Clarrisa's POV
"Um... yeah. Why?" I asked. I remembered her from last night, but I didn't really talk to her.
"Well," she said, really quietly and shyly, "My mom, I mean, Ms. Demarce, decided we're gonna change the play to something else. But she won't announce it till the next drama class."
I had just had my Schizo medication, so I was pretty out of it.
"Ok," I replied. I honestly didn't really care, considering I was more focused on the fact that I was late.
Inventor
#25 Old 24th Mar 2013 at 5:07 AM
Kennedy:

It's early in the day, and I'm NOT a morning person. I see Tayla in the hall and go up to her and start talking. "Is it just me or was Mrs. Demarce a little uptight yesterday? Or should we have just payed more attention? I just overheard that she is changing the play, thankfully. The Wizard of Oz is so over done, I played Dorothy in junior high, and Glenda in elementary. Oh well. Are you going to keep with it, or quit?"

"Anyway, how's the twin? You two getting along better yet?"
Page 1 of 3