Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 9:44 AM Last edited by IrishA03 : 2nd May 2015 at 8:22 AM.
Default The Old Cat Lady (Mini Challenge)
The Old Cat Lady (Mini Challenge)

Backstory:
As you grew old, you never married and never had any kids. You never completed all those things you wanted to do. Now, you're an elder. Your life is drawing to a close, and you only have your cats. That's it-you're going to get married, adopt the perfect child and accomplish everything before your time is up.

PETS IS REQUIRED!

Goal:
Your goal is to complete all the mainobjectives before her time is up. You may complete the extra objectives too. You only have 31 days to do everything. You lose the challenge if you don't complete the main objectives, or if anyone in the household dies before their time.

Rules
  1. No cheats.
  2. No Lifetime Wishes that make your life longer
  3. You must start off with one cat
  4. You may also play as a male
  5. The elder lifestage must be 31 days long. No shorter, no longer.

Main Objectives
  • Get Married
  • Adopt a child the same gender as you after marriage
  • Reach career level 5 in your chosen career.
  • Woohoo
  • Have Five cats, two must be the "founder" cats, the others children/grandchildren.
  • Go on a Vacation (WA)
  • Reach skill level 5 in any skill.

Minor Objectives
  • Reach Level 10 in one skill
  • Reach Level 5 in two skills.
  • Adopt two kids
  • Go on two Vacations (WA)

Have fun! If you think I left out something, tell me!
Advertisement
Scholar
Original Poster
#2 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 9:52 AM
Anyone Want to Try?
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 10:10 AM
Why do you need cats? I don't see their importance in the rules.

Bookworm,Loves The Cold,Couch Potato,Dog Person, Insane Psychopath ;-D
Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 10:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TeckieSimmer
Why do you need cats? I don't see their importance in the rules.
Dang it! I forgot a goal. But uh...yeah, I guess that you're able to play without Pets. Just...it makes it fun..
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 10:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by IrishA03
Dang it! I forgot a goal. But uh...yeah, I guess that you're able to play without Pets. Just...it makes it fun..

Yeah, it's a cool challenge, might try it.

Bookworm,Loves The Cold,Couch Potato,Dog Person, Insane Psychopath ;-D
Test Subject
#6 Old 25th Aug 2014 at 12:18 PM
this sounds like it could be really cute, i'm gonna give it a go c:
Test Subject
#7 Old 25th Aug 2014 at 12:46 PM
I like it It sounds really fun
Problem I have is I always start a challenge and never finish them! But I can see me finishing this in one sitting so will definitely try!
Field Researcher
#8 Old 25th Aug 2014 at 1:14 PM
Why are pets required? They're never mentioned in the rules.
Scholar
Original Poster
#9 Old 25th Aug 2014 at 1:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CulMiku
Why are pets required? They're never mentioned in the rules.

Sorry, I didn't update this is in a while. I'll have to edit it soon. But Pets is optional for the cats main objective.
Test Subject
#10 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 8:24 AM
I'm going to do it, amazing job 👍
Test Subject
#11 Old 13th Oct 2014 at 6:42 PM
It took me longer than I thought it would to complete this challenge, but I wanted to let you know that I had an absolute blast playing it! My Sim (male) successfully started a family, got married (twice!), became a famous painter, and had four children before he died. I fell completely in love with the premise and enjoyed my oldie and his family (and their gang of cats) so much that I'm actually thinking about turning the family into a legacy (I would continue with another challenge, if I could make up my mind which, haha).

Anyways. Thank you so much for creating this challenge. I loved it to bits and pieces <3
Scholar
Original Poster
#12 Old 13th Oct 2014 at 6:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by agadinmar
It took me longer than I thought it would to complete this challenge, but I wanted to let you know that I had an absolute blast playing it! My Sim (male) successfully started a family, got married (twice!), became a famous painter, and had four children before he died. I fell completely in love with the premise and enjoyed my oldie and his family (and their gang of cats) so much that I'm actually thinking about turning the family into a legacy (I would continue with another challenge, if I could make up my mind which, haha).

Anyways. Thank you so much for creating this challenge. I loved it to bits and pieces <3

Aw, thanks! I definitely didn't think that someone would finish it-actually, I didn't think that anyone would start it! That made my day!
Field Researcher
#13 Old 14th Oct 2014 at 5:04 PM
Oooh I love this idea! I'm definitely going to try it soon; I'll let you know how it went! :D
Test Subject
#14 Old 16th Oct 2014 at 4:12 AM
I love this idea. The cats thing is totally perfect I also thought of using good cat lady traits like cat lover and maybe even loner to start out with and make it more challenging. I love a good short and sweet challenge since legacies are soooo long. Still loving the Sims 3 and still loving challenges like this one. Thank you for posting this!
Test Subject
#15 Old 16th Oct 2014 at 9:47 AM
I love this idea! But maybe you could modify it so you can also play this challenge on TS4. But still great challenge, I will definitely try it!