Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Nov 2012 at 3:12 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Stuff Packs only showing one item
Problem: After installing the Stuff Packs, and going into the saved game, only one or two items from the stuff pack shows up. Collections and 'By room' have the collections {i.e: 'Family Fun Stuff'} but there's usually only a few wallpapers, carpet colours or a single toy in there.
Every time the game is restarted, the item/s change, but it is never the entire collection, or all of the collections {I have all stuff packs}.

What I've Tried:
I installed Family Fun, Mansion and Garden, Kitchen and Bathroom, Glamour, Fashion, Teen Style, and Happy Holiday Pack.
Went into my saved game, went into items, and tried to find the playground equipment that came with Family Fun. It wasn't there, but in the Collections, each Stuff Pack had one, two or more items...but never more than 10.

After this, I shut down and restarted the game. Restarted, and this time the Collections folders had the same amount of items, but they were the same items in some folders, and different items in other folders.

So I uninstalled all of the Stuff Packs, excluding Family Fun and Happy Holidays, and restarted the game. This time, nothing at all in the folders, but the folders themselves existed.

Then I uninstalled EVERY Sims2 game and pack. All expansions and all stuff packs.
Reinstalled the expansions following the "order to install" list online. Game was fine.
Then installed Kitchen and Bathroom as a tester, went into the saved game, and there was only one new item in the bathroom section. Collections folder showed 2 items total.
Restarted the game, now the Collections folder is empty.
Restarted again {mostly in frustration this time}, folder has a different cabinet and bathtub in it, but nothing else.

I have no downloads or custom content. Brand new gaming computer, have a mass of space left. It only has Sims on it at the present time. Have backed up games, uninstalled all, then reinstalled. Same problem crops up. Discs and codes are original, brand new.

Does anybody have any idea what could be wrong, and how to solve it?
Advertisement
Moderator of Please Read the Help FAQs
retired moderator
#2 Old 12th Nov 2012 at 12:53 PM
Are you installing each expansion and stuff pack into its own subfolder under EA Games? It sounds like game data could be getting overwritten.

Please do not PM me with Game or Site Help questions. Post them in the appropriate section after going through the FAQs.

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist." ~ Verbal Kint, The Usual Suspects