Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#2776 Old 1st Jan 2018 at 1:44 AM
Nothing. It's been paused for 11-12 hours.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2777 Old 1st Jan 2018 at 6:45 AM
My family was split up by story progression. They apparently "separated" and the mom took her daughter and moved out, leaving their son with the father.

At the same time the grandparents also passed away, leaving the their daughter very sad and distressed.

Her only solace is playing computer games

And of course her grumpy, mean rockstar mom is not in any mood to comfort her.

After she had a talk with her dad over the phone, he came over and used smooth recovery on his very pissed off wife, and their relationship quickly got better. Now I'm busy moving them back in lol. Btw, I'm not even kidding- he literally used smooth recovery and their status went from ex wife/ex husband to wife+husband... I was like wut. And their 0 relationship jumped back to 100 too o_O. Avalon (the mom) was just being very dramatic. I guess is how rich couples fight- just buy a random house whenever you're pissed and live there until your spouse apologizes.
Scholar
#2778 Old 1st Jan 2018 at 1:57 PM
The oldest girl in my household aged up to teen and she is the most unusual looking sim I've ever had. I think she's beautiful! I apparently forgot to snap a screenshot of her after her makeover.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#2779 Old 1st Jan 2018 at 2:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tunafishfish
The oldest girl in my household aged up to teen and she is the most unusual looking sim I've ever had. I think she's beautiful! I apparently forgot to snap a screenshot of her after her makeover.

She's definitely very cute.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Scholar
#2780 Old 1st Jan 2018 at 3:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
She's definitely very cute.

Careful, with encouragement like that, I'll spam you with pics of my pixel-children! All the kids in that file are so stinking cute.
Mad Poster
#2781 Old 1st Jan 2018 at 3:36 PM
Go ahead, I won't tune out until it starts going on for too long.

insert signature here
Scholar
#2782 Old 1st Jan 2018 at 6:13 PM Last edited by pretenshus : 1st Jan 2018 at 6:36 PM.
I don't know why it took me so long but I'd like to celebrate the idea of a nature retreat / eco community play style. I really love small worlds, kinda love the midnight sun challenge worlds and I kinda love regular community life but can never really enjoy either side because I begin longing for the other. Sooooooo here's to making a mix of both! An eco community where seeds are actually important because there's no grocery store and fishing is necessary because there's no restaurant but you have a market/consignment shop with a few stands and a chicken coop as well as a community garden plot with some beehives to cover your butt when you haven't caught or grown your next meal, then toss in the wood fire oven, canning station, and maybe the baking station and you're in business. The world also comes with a school/library to get the kiddies, teens, and some adults out of the house during the week and a large park with a few activities that can always be switched out with others for recreation. Overall you have a small little community inbetween natural survival and tiny town life.

Anyway heres Eco Retreat, I've definitely beat this world template to death but it came in handy for this small concept. One day I hope to learn how to get better screens since these really dont do the world ANY justice
Potato pics ensuing:

Probably more of a vacation world but wtv
Test Subject
#2783 Old 2nd Jan 2018 at 9:35 PM
I made idiot-sim immortal and he loves cooking and writing and he finally decided he would read a book (after woohoo (Well it was try for a baby then woohoo with same person) of course.

He tried to with his ex-fiancée too and she was not having it. She was the only sim to ever say no to him. Congrats Andrea, you are now the smartest sim on the planet.

They both will live forever so this will be fun.
Scholar
#2784 Old 3rd Jan 2018 at 10:36 PM Last edited by Elynda : 3rd Jan 2018 at 11:17 PM.
I sent the younger members of the Fordyce family over to visit Lawrence and Lillian, who are now both elders and living in a cute little cottage. They're not long for this world and it would probably be the last chance their grand daughter Corina got to meet them.

Well, it was an agreeable visit generally, but as things proceeded I became aware of a presence in the house. Just why was Lawrence standing in the middle of of the lounge apparently talking to empty air? Senile dementia, in a sim? Then I noticed little speech bubbles coming out of the floor. "Ah," I thought, "so we have another invisible sim". Further investigation revealed that he was not just a visitor. At some point the elder Fordyce's had acquired a lodger: courtesy of Nraas Story Progression, I presume, since I've never had that happen before. His name was Nathan Holbrook, a game generated acrobat of no fixed abode.

Well, Nathan old buddy, you can hide beneath the floor boards all you like, I'm not standing for that! I'm not sure what will happen to the house and all Lawrence and Lillian's hard earned money when they die, but you're not getting your hands on it. So out you go my lad!

Still, I'm a kind hearted old fairy, so rather than throw him into the street I moved him to an empty lot, used Master Controller to give him enough money, and then moved him into a house of his own. Now don't let any sim say I don't treat them right. Good luck Nathan.

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Scholar
#2785 Old 8th Jan 2018 at 3:03 PM
I'm feeling pretty proud and somewhat baffled right now. Jabari finally mastered cooking, and did it all without a skill book until level 7, when I discovered that the produce cart had a random chance of gardening or cooking skill books. (If that's cheating, sue me) So I bought him his diner, Jabari's Crab Shack, and built a beautiful shell on a lot right on the beach in front of a dilapidated pier. I have Buzzler's diner mod, so sims might even eat on the patio overlooking the ocean or in my beautifully appointed dining room.

We weren't even wiped out on funds after purchase (~$35,000 left after), so I could've sprung for the bistro, but it doesn't make sense for a small town to have a fancy restaurant before a casual one. I then had him get a job at there and the game generated him a boss. Then the game pushed the boss to follow his dream to become an acrobat. In a world with 1 house, a grocery store, and a diner. I'm going to have him befriend and move in the new boss, plop down a prefab, and move her into it. I'm sick of being the only people in the world.

Samir, the oldest boy, is something like level 8 in gardening and level 5 in logic, so I'm gonna have him master both and build a big park. I would like it to have a playground, chess tables, and a community garden. After he masters those he still has 1 skill left to master before gaining his LTW. It will probably be fishing, just because he's also a 5 at that and he has all these fishing related wishes all the time. He is currently romantically interested in his imaginary friend, which brings to mind sooo many questions. Things like, "If you woohoo with your IF, isn't it technically masturbation?"

Yasmin is at level 7 or 8 in writing and her LTW is to be a Professional Author. She is currently making $760 a week in royalties from her various books, which isn't too bad for a teen. She's gonna open a book store for me and then go to university. If Samir can finish his stuff, he'll go too. It's such a respite to play only 2 sims and no dogs at a time.

Ismail just aged up to teen. He's always had crazy hair and glasses, so I decided that should continue in to his teen years. He gained the flirty trait when he aged up, which is fine by me. He wouldn't be the first flirty service member in the military or the last. His skilling has been on hold since my plan for him was the military. He long ago mastered blocks and I'd had him working out randomly as a child, but the skill tube never appeared over his head, so I'm not sure it did anything. He's going to start tinkering, jogging, and doing chin ups next time I load up. All while looking stupid. I've decided that from now on all teens should look a little stupid. For verisimilitude.

Ahmed and Zafira are still children. Two sides of the same coin and BFFs. Thus Ahmed is going for the police station and Zafira for the Criminal Hideout. I feel bad for this, but she's a genius computer whiz who wishes for Perfect Mind/Perfect Body. She just looks devious. Ahmed is earnest and is at level 7 painting. He's working on a portrait of his IF. I'm hoping that with 3 children skilling on logic, one will discover the potion to make imaginary friends real. Otherwise Samir is super weird and cruising for a bruising once he heads off to university.

The dogs are very, very good dogs. They are all skilled hunters and have been bringing home all sorts of rare gems, metals, and giant space rocks. We got some smelted and when it came back, there were something like 4 bars of metal worth ~$8,500 a piece, 2 bars worth ~$2,000, and some lower priced metals that totaled out like $40,000. Not counting the gems. I've decided to start sending the gems they find to get cut and then keeping them in some sort of treasure trove in the basement. I'm still somewhat annoyed with the dogs because despite not being piggy, they all pee in the house and they are always in the way, but at least they are useful. We currently have enough money to do just about anything. It's kind of astonishing.
#2786 Old 9th Jan 2018 at 3:10 AM
Started a new save file with the main villains from Pokémon. Because Giovanni is there they have a cat (her default name was Jezebel so I called her Jessibelle) and she got fleas and NOBODY COULD BATHE HER so Guzma ended up with fleas which is very appropriate because he is a dirty stink man. Ghetsis likes to bully everybody but he and Lusamine get along pretty well, which is really funny/terrifying due to what they have in common. Lysandre has taken up the violin. Archie and Maxie are a couple and they glitched through their bed and started laying sideways in mid air to do just about everything including shower and have breakfast, until I replaced their bed. Cyrus wants to be left alone and he doesn't even have the Loner trait (I should probably replace Grumpy with Loner though, but he's awfully social in the games...). Giovanni and Lysandre are both gunning for that CEO position and Giovanni goes up the corporate ladder a lot faster for some reason. I'm thinking of having Lusamine work at the spa.
Lab Assistant
#2787 Old 9th Jan 2018 at 9:34 PM
My map has made progress in terms of environments. Not in the mood to show it off tho.
It's become a rather large and very swampy island with a malicious but not overly thick fog. Tinkering with the lighting and gonna get to testing it. Make it creepy.
Not too keen on parks as seen in most other maps... gonna try something else. I'm really not aiming for a place that's pleasant to live in anyway.
Scholar
#2788 Old 10th Jan 2018 at 3:44 AM
My game crashed as the dog was digging something up. Luckily I'd saved not too long before, but it's too late to load up again tonight, so I eat the icecream of self-pity and spam you with pics!
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#2789 Old 10th Jan 2018 at 5:09 AM Last edited by Lonerbum : 10th Jan 2018 at 12:27 PM.
Ever since Easy Casp Editor is out of date, I have no means to stop weird CAS parts from showing up AT ALL!!!!

I have downloaded a couple of attractive sims from some weird Chinese sites & a weird corner of Tumblr & the mod creators packed some weird stuff like gimp suits & broken shoes within the sims3pack. As far as I can tell, the sims I've downloaded here don't need these gimp suits or the broken shoes, but these CAS items are flagged as Valid For Random & now all the randomly-generated sims are walking around in gimp suits & I have no means to stop it. I can use Master Controller, but I don't want to keep blacklisting it every time I load the game, I just want these items gone!
Mad Poster
#2790 Old 10th Jan 2018 at 11:55 AM
When did CASP Editor stop working, anyway? Worked fine for me a year or two ago.

insert signature here
Lab Assistant
#2791 Old 10th Jan 2018 at 12:27 PM Last edited by Lonerbum : 12th Jan 2018 at 4:33 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
When did CASP Editor stop working, anyway? Worked fine for me a year or two ago.

1.69 broke it for the Origin copies. If my memories serve me correct, igazor told me on the forums months ago that Easy Casp Editor stopped working for 1.67 Steam version as well. I think people who can use it now are the ones with the disks, but I don't know because I haven't asked anybody or being told about that.
Top Secret Researcher
#2792 Old 10th Jan 2018 at 6:26 PM
I have two teenage sims and a mom. Mom sim got a free vacation...
She seems to have died (died again, she was a ghost)!! She's disappeared off my household when she went on the free vacation.
The part that bugs me is that I can't edit town. The poor woman needs to come home to die, and she can't do that. So, there's no way for me to bulldoze the school.
I'm not sure what caused the glitch. Other than being a ghost, she was young and in good health. No headstone to recover, so I can't use ambrosia to bring her back.

Kinda creeps me out...
Screenshots

Sims are better than us.
Instructor
#2793 Old 10th Jan 2018 at 8:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lonerbum
Ever since Easy Casp Editor is out of date, I have no means to stop weird CAS parts from showing up AT ALL!!!!

I have downloaded a couple of attractive sims from some weird Chinese sites & a weird corner of Tumblr & the mod creators packed some weird stuff like gimp suits & broken shoes within the sims3pack. As far as I can tell, the sims I've downloaded here don't need these gimp suits or the broken shoes, but these CAS items are flagged as Valid For Random & now all the randomly-generated sims are walking around in gimp suits & I have no means to stop it. I can use Master Controller, but I don't want to keep blacklisting it every time I load the game, I just want these items gone!

I use Delphy's CUSTARD for this and it works well, at least on my install, which is running 1.67 from Steam. You can use it to open the sims3pack files and uncheck any content you don't want included with the install, then it will repack it as a new file for you.
Scholar
#2794 Old 11th Jan 2018 at 6:41 PM
So that save was borked. Luckily, I save once an in-game day and was able to go back to an earlier save. Ahmed aged up into the most pretty boy I've ever had, and gained the Socially Awkward trait. Meanwhile his older brother is looks socially awkward, but has the Flirty trait. Gotta say, I'm enjoying the random trait assignments from not having a school in my game. I'm getting to play around with a few traits that I don't normally play with and it gets me out of my comfort zone.
Screenshots
Scholar
#2795 Old 14th Jan 2018 at 11:35 PM
I went back on a japanese kick and my looks have definitley evolved over time. Here is Cherry bomb (worst name ever), its on my favorite map and its supposed to be more of a country village. The houses are minka styled.

lots of pics
Lab Assistant
#2796 Old 19th Jan 2018 at 10:46 PM
I just had another play session and will probably have to interfere at some point. Basically, this one family name, MacNox, is becoming very prominent and replacing other names rapidly. They don't even have that many kids.
One teen just got the name after his dad married the ex-wife of a MacNox. None of these guys are related to the original MacNoxes, but I guess they wanted the prestige?
Said teen has a half-sibling who also simply got the name by virtue of her mother being married to a MacNox. Meanwhile, other names are dying out quickly.
And there is a pyro trait running rampant in the MacNoxes. Each day that passes, a random combustion occurs in town, and without fail, one of the MacNoxes will suspiciously be present. I should point out it wasn't even their trait to begin with, but they have truly taken over.

omnis mundi creatura
Scholar
#2797 Old 19th Jan 2018 at 11:17 PM
So what's the plan? Are you gonna change the rules for name change? Manually rename people? Disallow the MacNoxes from marriage/reproduction?
Lab Assistant
#2798 Old 20th Jan 2018 at 12:04 AM
Probably a mixture I've got it set to coin-flip but obviously, it hasn't worked out too well. Some will be renamed and as for not reproducing, there are quite a few among them who end up childless but pass on their name through marriage.... how do you handle family names?

omnis mundi creatura
Scholar
#2799 Old 20th Jan 2018 at 12:24 AM
I went with hyphens. They always retain their maiden names with divorce/remarriage and the next generation favors the second name. So when John Smith-Jones marries Jane Brown-Green they become John and Jane Jones-Green or Green-Jones, I forget which. I've never come across a Brown-Green-Smith-Jones situation.
Lab Assistant
#2800 Old 20th Jan 2018 at 7:38 AM
Gotcha. There are a few hyphenated people around but I try to limit that to a few sims. Mostly, it'll become a merger of the two names (Teal+Dhupam became Tealham) or they'll choose a new name together... if I'm playing them actively. Non-actives will likely be MacNoxified... good to know that names don't chain up endlessly! Might go back to that to save the endangered names

omnis mundi creatura
Page 112 of 162