Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Jul 2015 at 1:06 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Only one sim in large household selectable, portraits still visible
Hey, got a bit of an issue on my hands.
I have a nine sim household (possible through NRAAS's Portrait Panel) with a horse on a moderately-sized lot. Randomly, out of the blue during a play session, my horse became unable to move. I tried using "resetsim" on him several times, but he was stuck in the same location. I tried deleting the objects around him, and that still didn't work. I tried having one of my sims interact with the horse, but then they became stuck in the same manner. Eventually, I used "moveobjects on" to move the two to a different location, but when I exited Buy Mode, I was permanently stuck selecting the sim I moved previously.

The other sims' portraits (including the horse) are still present in the sidebar, and I can still assign/remove tasks if I click on their portrait, and lock the camera on them. However, I cannot view their wishes, moodlets, or any of the sim panels when they are supposedly selected. When attempting to select a sim, the plumbob still appears over their head. There is no highlight around a sim's portrait showing that they are currently selected. NRAAS's PortraitPanel is unresponsive when attempting to adjust settings, as well as the other NRAAS mods.

Attempting to split the household to within the game's limits (I used a household of six) without restarting resulted in a completely unviewable household (no sims in portrait panel, no money visible, no sim selected... Just a blank bar). Restarting makes the household playable, but sims are still unselectable. Removing all package files did not fix the error. The most recent CC installed was a tuning mod that affects the Elixir shop, and no issues were observed upon first use.
In terms of large mods, I use Awesome Mod, various sliders (including XCAS), and several of NRAAS's mods, including PortraitPanel, Woohooer, MasterController, Hybrid, NoCD, Overwatch, and Register.

I have an alternate save of the household from quite a bit prior, but I will only go back to that file as a last resort.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PS: Prior to this occurrence, I had an issue where the paparazzi, when killed autonomously via the Premium Content item the Grim Reaper's door, always regenerated as a duplicate of one of the sims in my household (not the sim who was frozen in place, though). He had been saved as a custom sim, but the fact that this happened more than five times is highly suspect.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 21st Jul 2015 at 3:14 AM
Bit late for this now unfortunately, but a MasterController reset would have been much more effective (and just as safe) as a testingcheats resetsim type of reset. Also, you cannot split an already overstuffed household by traditional in-game means unless you have the NRaas Mover mod. Unless Awesome allows for this as well -- it's been a while. Though you could have tried to use MasterController's Add Sim function to shove a couple of household members into a different one.

However, the underlying problem is that the MoveObjects cheat should never be used on a sim unless you are merely setting up a pose and then quitting without saving. Sounds like it may have corrupted things beyond the point of repair in this case. Reverting to your prior save, annoying though having to replay sim days since might be, sounds like it might be the best way to go.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Jul 2015 at 6:47 AM Last edited by kittykat999 : 21st Jul 2015 at 7:17 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Bit late for this now unfortunately, but a MasterController reset would have been much more effective (and just as safe) as a testingcheats resetsim type of reset. Also, you cannot split an already overstuffed household by traditional in-game means unless you have the NRaas Mover mod. Unless Awesome allows for this as well -- it's been a while. Though you could have tried to use MasterController's Add Sim function to shove a couple of household members into a different one.

However, the underlying problem is that the MoveObjects cheat should never be used on a sim unless you are merely setting up a pose and then quitting without saving. Sounds like it may have corrupted things beyond the point of repair in this case. Reverting to your prior save, annoying though having to replay sim days since might be, sounds like it might be the best way to go.

Thank you. I wasn't aware that moving sims with "moveobjects on" could mess things up that much! Yeah, I think it's probably better just to replay some sim days...

UPDATE: Lucky for me, my last save file is immediately before I screwed everything up. Looks like I saved at the right time, then.