Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Jul 2015 at 2:44 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default World Adventures freezing on loading screen
Okay so this is just odd. I have the world adventures expansion pack and the game loads fine and it plays fine as long as I don't try to travel. The instant I try to send any of my Sims in any of my files to another country the game freezes on the loading screen for that country. I have checked and my game is patched up to the latest patch, I have gotten rid of all mods, and I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling World Adventures, but nothing seems to work. As I said all the stuff from World Adventures works just fine, but for some reason I am not allowed to travel.

I am running the game on 64 bit windows 7 computer with eight gigs of DDR3 ram, a 4.3 quad core AMD processor, and a one gig Geforce 9500 GT graphics card.

This is one of the stranger glitches I have come across on this game because it only pops up if I try to use this one part of the content on this one expansion pack.

If you have any idea how to fix this I will be grateful for the help.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 21st Jul 2015 at 11:50 PM
You mentioned removing all mods, but have you tried with NRaas Traveler, Overwatch, and ErrorTrap in place? That combination works pretty hard to smooth out travel transition related glitches for many players.

In addition, you might try removing the TravelDB.package file from that save (drag it to your desktop in case this makes things worse and you want to put it back). It might have become corrupt as of the first failed attempt or so.
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Jul 2015 at 1:25 AM
Okay I will give that a shot, thanks
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 22nd Jul 2015 at 7:36 PM
I just thought I would let you know I downloaded Traveler and now the game works like a charm. I never would have thought to download a mod to fix this problem since my first instinct was to remove all mods, so thanks a bunch, that was a huge help.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 22nd Jul 2015 at 8:10 PM
Glad that worked out. That combination is practically essential for travel for many players.

And for heaven's sake, stop removing your NRaas mods every time your game catches on fire (wagging finger).
Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 23rd Jul 2015 at 1:40 AM
Okay, noted.

Thanks again for the help.