Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Mar 2008 at 2:34 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time
Default Unable to play Freetime - 'not responding'
Ok, so I went out and got Freetime. I'll note that I've never had a problem with an expansion yet. I took out all CC and hacks, downloaded FT, reinstalled my CC and it let me play. For about 10 minutes. Then it 'stopped responding'. And would not respond again. So two (real time) days go by, I take out all CC and hacks again and it finally decides to let me play. Kind of. Creating a family took over 4 hours because it would randomly crash. So it finally lets me actually play. Ok, so I decide to see what has been updated CC wise for FT. And put those in.

Nope. No CC allowed for me. Which is ok, I'll live with it. But now it won't let me play ANYTHING. I can't play at all. It will take me as far as neighborhoods (if I'm lucky) but no further. Most times it stops responding in the loading screen.

I'm running a brand new Intel Pentium Dual CPU with 1.99 GB RAM and 2038 MB memory ram. I also updated the drivers and ran the Clean Installer.

I'm at my wits end and am about totally over Freetime by now.
Advertisement
Super Moderator
staff: senior moderator
#2 Old 10th Mar 2008 at 2:52 AM
Dear JoDawn,

Thank you for posting in the MTS2 Help section. In order to better solve your problem, please go through the following steps as listed below:

This is NOT multiple choice! You must read and go through ALL the FAQs!
  • General - Do the Game Problem FAQ
    You appear to have not gone through our main Game Help:Game Problemwiki FAQ. Please go through and do the steps on this FAQ, including any others that it links to (for example the Game Help:Game Problem-Problem Custom Contentwiki FAQ).

Usually, in the vast majority of cases, actually going through and doing the steps (doing, not just reading) fixes issues - sometimes you may be asked to remove custom content, or to patch - please rest assured that all of our FAQs have been tested by our staff and volunteers and we wouldn't suggest you do something unless it's been known to fix particular issues.

• General - Post System Specs
    We need more information before we can help with your issue. Please post your system specs - instructions on finding them are here: Game Help:System Specswiki

• Other FAQ
    We need your graphics card info. Also try the gameproblem FAQ..and make sure to delete those game generated cache files.

Please read through all of the FAQs above! Doing only one or two of them (when more exist) will usually result in delays not fixing your particular problem.

On occasion you might be asked to do a long FAQ - please make sure you do all the steps and don't just skip over them. You'll often find that these long FAQs have all the details you need. If nothing in the above FAQs fixes your problem you may post again detail exactly which you have done and which steps failed.

Regards,
MTS2 Staff

This is a system generated message
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Mar 2008 at 3:30 AM
Sorry, should have mentioned that I did go through and do all that required stuff already. I know it's an automated response, but I just wanted it to be known.
Moderator of Please Read the Help FAQs
retired moderator
#4 Old 10th Mar 2008 at 6:11 PM
We still need all of your system specs please.

Please do not PM me with Game or Site Help questions. Post them in the appropriate section after going through the FAQs.

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist." ~ Verbal Kint, The Usual Suspects
Field Researcher
#5 Old 12th Mar 2008 at 2:03 AM
Cut and paste your neighborhood folders and saved sims folders and paste on your desk top as well as your ENTIRE download folder. Run the game and see what happens. The game will generate the neighborhood and saved sims folders for you. If there is still a problem REINSTALL with NONE of those original folders installed. Than see if it runs. If so you have a conflict. This is a good starting point. It will put an absolute divider between whether it is system specs OR corruptions within a folder. If it runs with its own folders you now know that your computer and the game can handle each other. Cut and Paste one folder and then see, rinse and repeat. Oh and we really need to know your video card specs. Is is "on board"? How much memory?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 12th Mar 2008 at 5:49 AM
Thanks... I've already taken out the neighborhood and saved sims folders. And like I said, I have zero downloads, so that folder's gone...

My graphics card is on board and I think this is it: 358 MB Mobile Intel Graphics. Everything is smooth and beautiful. And I've seen the game CAN play, as it did for a few days. But it just won't anymore. And like I said, I have a whole bunch of regular RAM still free.

Thanks for the response. I really wanna just play the Sims.
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#7 Old 12th Mar 2008 at 6:08 AM
Your graphics chipset (it's not a real card) is not supported by the game. Putting a chipset like that under stress is not wise. Plus, you still have not listed your system specs...all of them: CPU, RAM, OS etc.

What happened when you went on with the rest of the tutorial? Just removing those files is not enough. You have to test with a clean sims2 folder. Please do the FAQ from beginning to end and let us know how you get on.

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.