Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#26 Old 30th Oct 2008 at 2:50 PM
Thank you thank you thank you THANK YOU!

Did I mention Thank you!!! That was soooo frustrating before!

Suede Bed at RegencyShop.com | micro suede comforter set Clearance Sale!
Advertisement
Alchemist
#27 Old 9th Jan 2009 at 2:45 PM
Hooray for this! I now have AL, and have successfully made a beachside apartment.

Just in case you didn't know, the pick-and-drop method still works with patch 2 installed. Much faster than messing with SimPE. Thanks.
Site Helper
Original Poster
#28 Old 9th Jan 2009 at 3:38 PM
That's really odd... I remember testing the pick-up and drop method using patch 2 and it didn't work for me. Guess that I'll have to try it again.

Are you using the patched EXE directly? Or, have you downloaded an alternate EXE? (I'm not quite sure how to ask this, since I want to avoid banned topics.)
Alchemist
#29 Old 10th Jan 2009 at 8:43 AM
I have an ordinary, out of the shop game, patched as per Eaxis.

I used the trick several times last night, same lot each time, while I learned how to build a successful back yard. Ther terrain drop was quite obvious each time a sim moved in, and was fixed by picking the lot up and dropping it int the same place again, from hood view. Just to be clear. It certainly works for me so far.
Site Helper
Original Poster
#30 Old 12th Jan 2009 at 3:18 PM
Well, that's great (if EA didn't break things again with the second patch). I'm not sure why mine didn't work.
Alchemist
#31 Old 13th Jan 2009 at 9:22 AM
Maybe it was a one-off.
Instructor
#32 Old 14th Jan 2009 at 2:15 AM
Hi Mootilda I really want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for this. I have a city with many houses with basements---
Site Helper
Original Poster
#33 Old 15th Jan 2009 at 5:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by aelflaed
Just in case you didn't know, the pick-and-drop method still works with patch 2 installed. Much faster than messing with SimPE. Thanks.
Well, I tried this again with my AL patch 2 + M&G. No problems with the pick-and-drop method.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention.
Field Researcher
#34 Old 22nd Jan 2009 at 12:31 AM
I had an enormous problem with a loco-plus apartment lot (the only one at that site) having the floating water issue in the basement. That's why I googled and found this topic to see if there's a fix.

None of the two methods described by the OP helped for this apartment lot, even not converting it to residential.

However from scanning the content of this lot with Sims2Pack Clean Installer I found two hack packages (of a hack unknown to me) that I removed. So I reinstalled the "cleaned" lot and placed it on a hill high area of my neighbourhood that also has beaches. And the floating water issue was fixed - at least for this apartment lot because even for residential lots I build and don't convert to apartments I had this floating water issue for which the pick-and-drop method is of little help to me.

In fact the apartment I'm talking about wasn't sinking at all and only had the floating water bug in the basement and as long as I kept the two hack packages in the downloads folder. I never experimented this with any downloaded house from anywhere and at this proportion ! But I discovered one other option to use with SimPE
Alchemist
#35 Old 22nd Jan 2009 at 9:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
Well, I tried this again with my AL patch 2 + M&G. No problems with the pick-and-drop method.Thanks for bringing this to my attention.
No problem. Thanks for all the upkeep on this!
Site Helper
Original Poster
#36 Old 24th Jan 2009 at 7:03 PM Last edited by Mootilda : 13th Mar 2009 at 2:50 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Liza495
I had an enormous problem with a loco-plus apartment lot (the only one at that site) having the floating water issue in the basement. That's why I googled and found this topic to see if there's a fix.

None of the two methods described by the OP helped for this apartment lot, even not converting it to residential.
Sounds like this might be a separate issue; there is a known problem with all types of lots with basements when placed "too close" to the neighborhood water level.

I have a theory about this issue and a potential solution... I've been thinking about investigating, but haven't been able to reproduce the problem. If someone could provide me with an example of this (neighborhood and lot packages), I'd be happy to look into it. [Update: thanks to plasticbox, I've got a repro case.]
Test Subject
#37 Old 24th Apr 2010 at 9:03 AM
Thanks so much for your help! I was able to download the 2nd patch for Apartment life and I couldn't move the apartment/beach lot. But I installed Mansion and garden stuff and it worked! I am so excited I can't wait to start building some beautiful beach front apartments!!
Page 2 of 2