Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Aug 2014 at 8:10 AM
Default Coin Flip
What I want to do is rather complicated, so I hope that someone can help me.

The 'coin flip' interaction that you can put in a BHAV to make it pick one option 50% of the time and the other option 50% of the time.

Is it possible to make it more complex? Basically, what I want to do is have a different possibility of an outcome happening depending on how many times the sim has used the object. So the first time you could have 100% chance of failure, the second time you might get 70% failure, 30% partial success. Then the 3rd time 70% partial success, 30% full success and so on.

Possibly also a higher percentage of success if the sim is smarter and also being unable to move up to the next tier until you've rolled the success result on the first one.

Can anyone help me?
Advertisement
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#2 Old 7th Aug 2014 at 1:38 AM
I did something similar with my surfing mod: the chances of a wipe out decreased with an increase in Body skill.

Rather than change (i.e. override) the Coin Flip BHAV, you will make your own Probability BHAV either using the [prim 0x0008] Random Number primitive directly or using the [global 0x049F] Random - Chance of X out of Y global.

If the outcome is based on skills, mood, memories (like number of WooHoos), or some other measure that is native to a Sim, you have an easy means of determining your probability.

But if it is something the game does not currently keep track of or is not something that can be easily and quickly calculated (e.g. Sim Age + Energy Level + current day), then it will be a bit more tricky.

You may need to use a custom token that is saved in the Sim (like an invisible memory) that keep track of how many times the Sim has used the object. An example of this would be the custom Magic skill in Echo's Sim Sourcery .

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Aug 2014 at 6:02 AM
Thanks. I have your surfing mod, so I'll take a look at it.