Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Mar 2014 at 7:45 AM
Default Tell me if this is supposed to be ?
I never experienced that before, so I am wondering..is this a glitch, or is it supposed to work that way...

I built a community restaurant lot. I was planing on having one of my sim own it.
But since it's been a while I have built that kind of business, I wanted to test it before playing that future owner sim, so he can buy it.

I sent the lot in the house bin, good thing i did..I often forget
And put a copy back, then went to play a random sim..sent him to eat out with his wife and kid. All went well, restaurant works.
Sent them back home, save..quit to hood and goes to play the future owner..

He calls, buy the lot, walk to it. Oops. None of the doors have options..you can usually lock them.
I put a wall phone and wall speakers, seeing I forgot those. No options on the phone either.
Ok..well..lot seems fishy now, let send Madrid back home!
Oops..community phone has no options either ?..can't walk back home.
I had to return to neighborhood without saving.

Fine then..I had him sell back this lot, and then bulldoze it. Put another copy, unplayed, but this time, had Madrid buy it right away.
All was back to normal. Doors could be locked, and phones could be used.

So here it is..does a community lot that has been played as an unowned lot stop it from being completely functional if bought afterwards?
This sounds weird...
Alot of community lots, already placed in some Neighborhoods can be owned..no? and works well.
Personally i do not know, I never had a sim buy those!
I always build my own community stuff.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 27th Mar 2014 at 10:31 AM
That shouldn't happen. I've had a sim buy up almost every business in town, after most had been visited, and never had that kind of problem. Primarily because community lots aren't saved when a sim visits them, which is why if you decide to overhaul your Downloads folder, including a wallpaper the lot uses, you have to enter the lot in build mode from the neighbourhood to fix it instead of trying to fix it during game play (true story).
Actually, I tell a lie, I had an owned ice rink misbehave on me after the game crashed when I was first visiting it. It worked after I sold it then brought it back again. Perhaps you just had a random glitch too.