Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Aug 2014 at 4:34 AM
Default My open for business error just to talk about it
Once my sims owned a pet shop I had placed a puppy inside fenced in thing from apartment life then all heck broke lose. I could not sell the puppy I could not feed the puppy I could not remove the puppy and my shop was too small for the pet playpen. So when i tried to sell it i could not do it. I could not remove the puppy out of the pen i was stuck with a noisy puppy on a lot. and when I used Move_Objects to delete it because my shop was too small. My sim got stuck on the lot and I never got my sim off the lot and practically could no longer use that one sim because he got stuck on a now corrupt lot.

I got sad when i could not delete or interact with the puppy i could not have it just starve and not being able to do anything about it.

being nice to people has it's benefits and being mean or nasty has no benefit and your only hurting yourself in the long run.
if anyone want to make an angel like mine here is the wings link (blue eyes not included) sorry
http://modthesims.info/browse.php?tag=wings&f=38
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 16th Aug 2014 at 10:22 AM
I'm confused. The playpen thing is for the "toy" dog (something like a chihuahua or shih tzu), not the normal puppy. It comes as a full object, so if you set it for sale sims will buy the whole thing, not just the dog. Did you put another dog in there? How did you place it in the first place if the shop was too small? :confused: You also shouldn't have to feed or clean it out because while it's set for sale it's just considered in limbo and not really alive, like it's in suspended animation.

If you want to sell cats and dogs from Pets in your pet shop you need the animal display which looks like an empty fish tank on a raised counter.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 16th Aug 2014 at 11:03 AM Last edited by joandsarah77 : 16th Aug 2014 at 1:48 PM.
That puppy pen has always been glitchy. I know after getting AL I tried it out and after my sim played with it, the puppy was attached to her wrist like a bracelet. I don't know if it was ever patched or not as that was the first and last time I ever used it. That is not how you have a pet shop though. You need to use the dog and or cat containers. The game will generate a pet in each container that sims can come and buy from. There are also ways to remove sims stuck on business lots.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#4 Old 16th Aug 2014 at 12:12 PM
I tried that AL puppy pen once and then I wondered why I didn't just get a real dog that I could actually have a relationship with. So I did lol. I suppose it could be useful if someone didn't have Pets.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 16th Aug 2014 at 12:21 PM
Yeah, I also thought for a really long time that because this dog existed it meant you couldn't have a dog or cat in an apartment, and for the longest time I never even tried. I even looked for a mod which enabled it, until one day I just thought wait a minute, and made someone in an apartment adopt a dog with no issues at all -_-;

I don't really get what the point of it is, it's not even space saving. That thing has one of the biggest footprints in the game! It takes no room at all to stick down a pet bowl if you don't mind the animals sleeping on your bed!

Mad Poster
#6 Old 16th Aug 2014 at 1:17 PM
It's definitely one of the weirder objects EA made. I wonder whose idea it was, and who signed off on it. A mini version of pets for people who don't use pets? Considering how many players aren't fond of pets due to it's limited options, the playpen isn't likely to be any more popular. I really thought it was an actual pen that you could put your pets-pets in it to make them not run around your apartment, which I thought was potentially neat. Weird limbo puppy that can't be taken out of it? Lolno.
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 16th Aug 2014 at 1:32 PM
Hmm, I was wondering what that odd playpen did! I thought it could allow for my pets from Pets (and they're real pets) to sleep and do their business in, but apparently not. That certainly is a very weird object EAxis made!

It's disappointing, since my dogs can't seem to autonomously get out of the apartment to pee outside, and always wind up peeing on the floor no matter how many times I scold them. I could try using controlPets to try and force them outside, then use cheats to drag their Bladder motives down.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 16th Aug 2014 at 1:45 PM
That sounds like a problem in your game k6ka, mine go outside just fine. Although they consider balconies as outside, so if you have one you may want to lock the door for pets. Only played pets living on the ground floor though, so perhaps it's a floor-thing.
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 16th Aug 2014 at 1:48 PM
Or maybe I just didn't set the door locking settings correctly. I'll try making sure pets can use the apartment door. The apartment is on the fourth-floor, but would that be the cause? Can't imagine that. And yes, the apartment does have a balcony, but it's... tiny. Only enough room for a chess table and a grill.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 16th Aug 2014 at 9:21 PM
I have only played pets on a ground floor as well. I think that makes sense. I wonder if bladder motive goes up when you direct a sim to "Take pet for a walk"? That would be useful if so, and more realistic - I never ever use that interaction, which is silly because in real life dogs need exercise!

Mad Poster
#11 Old 16th Aug 2014 at 9:22 PM
Bladder motives to improve when pets are taken on walks. And kids can leave the lot without an adult, if they're walking the dog!

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#12 Old 16th Aug 2014 at 9:34 PM
I should clarify, in the "apartments" I've had pets, they are really several houses on the same lot rather than an actual block of flats or similar, just because in real life you aren't usually allowed to have pets in those sort of houses. So there is immediate access to outside, common area, rather than having to leave the apartment and walk unaccompanied through a communal area to reach the garden. This seems realistic, because although sim pets can open doors, I've always seen that as being that the door isn't really closed, it's half open and they can wander in and out, or they have a cat flap or something. You wouldn't usually have this in an apartment block.

It's a nice compromise to say you can have a dog in a house with a garden with no issues, but if you don't have immediate access to your own garden, then you need to walk the dog once or twice a day to make sure it doesn't pee in the house.

Mad Poster
#13 Old 16th Aug 2014 at 10:09 PM
You need to walk your dog once or twice a day, regardless of it's peeing-in-house-status =P

I play-tested my apartment upload with a dog to make sure it worked, and that family was on the third floor. I don't recall it peeing inside, so I am prone to say that it should work even if you are not on the bottom floor.