Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Mar 2008 at 10:24 PM
The Sims 2 Apartment Life
Over at Simprograms.com it was posted about another pack called The Sims 2 Apartment Life but it is unclear as to whether it's a Stuff Pack or an Expansion Pack.

Link: http://www.simprograms.com/?p=343

I hope this could be the next EP because I and many others have been asking for apartments for years and maybe we finally get them in the next EP? I know some of you are thinking it's a bit too minimal for an EP. But not necessarily... our Sims would now experience life in a new apartments feature and would have to pay rent to stay or be evitcted if not, kind of like a new challenge, and maybe also include some assignable objects and improved assignable doors. It would work similar to the dorms/hotels features.

As for it being a Stuff Pack, it just doesn't seem to make sense if it were one. Stuff Packs only include objects, clothes, hairstyles, etc. So why would there be stuff for apartments when we don't even have them in the game to begin with? That is why I think this could be the 8th EP.

So, what do you guys think of this? I only hope this is not a rumor!
Advertisement
transmogrified
retired moderator
#2 Old 22nd Mar 2008 at 2:55 AM
TheSims2.com has had a poll up for months asking fans "Which game theme would you MOST be interested in playing on the NDS?" The #1 response was TS2 Apartments. So this could be a Nintendo DS game, rather than an add-on for the PC.
Alchemist
#3 Old 22nd Mar 2008 at 3:12 AM
Yeah, I'm thinking it's another part of the Sims franchise, too. Which is really too bad. I was pretty excited until a few more pieces of the puzzle started coming together...
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 22nd Mar 2008 at 3:17 AM
Darn! Oh well.
#5 Old 22nd Mar 2008 at 3:17 AM
If you check on the site given by SimPrograms (ABC Software), it says that it is a PC Game, not for NDS.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 22nd Mar 2008 at 3:20 AM
Okay, I am going to try not to get my hopes up high. Unless it could be like PETS where it was out for both PC and console.
Alchemist
#7 Old 22nd Mar 2008 at 3:28 AM
Yeah, I doubt this is going to go with our Sims 2 stuff, but I really hope I'm wrong. I'd LOVE this idea for an EP. Though an EP on apartments seems a little odd. Maybe it'll be a stuffpack/EP mix.
Oh the joy of speculation.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 22nd Mar 2008 at 6:51 AM
I hope its real. I like urban neighborhoods and having real Apts. would help that
Instructor
#9 Old 22nd Mar 2008 at 6:57 AM
If it's a PC game then I'd assume it's something to do with the IKEA stuff pack, maybe?

But someone's already posted above that it's likely a NDS game... so...
Mad Poster
#10 Old 22nd Mar 2008 at 7:19 AM
I'd love to have real and working apartment buildings in my game! Hope that maybe they'll add some city decorations and build objects too to go with the apartments theme.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 22nd Mar 2008 at 7:29 AM
If this is real, I do hope it's an EP not a life story game.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#12 Old 22nd Mar 2008 at 4:14 PM
Yeah, I'm not very fond of the Sims Stories Series. That is why I hope it's an EP. Maybe a great way to introduce us to the apartments feature in Sims 3.
#13 Old 24th Mar 2008 at 5:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by frankie
Yeah, I'm not very fond of the Sims Stories Series. That is why I hope it's an EP. Maybe a great way to introduce us to the apartments feature in Sims 3.

I bought one of the Sims Stories games (and also Sims Societies) but i've never installed either of them. What a waste of money! I would love an apartments EP for the sims2 but if it's already a confirmed feature on sims3 i'll probably just wait for that
Test Subject
#14 Old 24th Mar 2008 at 7:55 PM
i would love to see an apartments EP ; think about the possibilities what about an apartment complex? Apertments would also look great in downtown so i think EA should carry this plan out and i had never heard of any apartments in the sims 3 so if there is a link to that i would like to see it thanks :wave:
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#15 Old 25th Mar 2008 at 5:20 AM
I know! I want my downtown more realistic with apartments! And the whole idea of having non-controllable roommates would be super! I can just imagine like the option to get a job in the computer/newspaper, there could be a new one for roommates and it would give you a dialog with available Sims to choose from. Much like the employees in OFB. Maybe have a new set of townies specifically for roommates. And they would get to pay half the rent or the rent would be divided in case you have two roommates. Oh, the possibilities!
Test Subject
#16 Old 25th Mar 2008 at 6:01 AM
I'd love an expansion pack for apartments...

I can just imagine...My family pleading to the landlord to live there with a lower rent...my sims getting upset when people decide to move out....I just hope if it does become one, that like the family your controlling go to their next door neighbors and go into their house...I remember when I got locked out of my apartment my neighbor used to let me in her home and eat cookies. x3
....Ohhh. the days of scaling the balconies to get to mine...just imagine the possibilities of the sims...But, I'm getting far to deep in memories!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#17 Old 25th Mar 2008 at 6:08 AM
Hey, you never know! I think people underestimate apartments being an EP. There really is so much more you can have. It can be a challenge just like running a business in OFB or going to college in Uni is. As I mentioned before, each EP has one theme. The idea of Apartments is no different than a theme. Of course it's going to be more than just Apartments.
Test Subject
#18 Old 25th Mar 2008 at 6:21 AM
Hopefully, I'm already risking it, my computer kept crashing so I was forced to delete Freetime off my computer, and my sims game is...just so boring without it! So if they do have apartments...it better be good enough for me to actaully buy it...or atleast delete more treasured programs for space...Actaully, I really don't have to buy it...Me and all my friends usually trade between games to save money. ^^

..Anyhoo...x3
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#19 Old 25th Mar 2008 at 6:26 AM
Why not just uninstall any other EP that you don't need?
Test Subject
#20 Old 25th Mar 2008 at 6:37 AM
...Well, I use all of the EPs a lot...So, I'm just freeing up space on my [c:] drive, so, than I can reinstall freetime anyway. x3
...I'll end up making this computer a gaming computer anyways, so I can hold all eps.. even new ones like if they're were apartments...For some reason, if this EP came out, I keep thinking just one outfit will be hobo related...I'm just thinking. x3
Field Researcher
#21 Old 25th Mar 2008 at 7:02 AM
Honestly, if they do plan on making another ep for sims2, I would prefer a new idea instead of a remake of superstar or makin' magic. I think the idea of apartments would be fun. I've tried(not very sucessfully) at creating apartments in my game. I think that would be a great Idea. It would make me happy!
Top Secret Researcher
#22 Old 25th Mar 2008 at 12:12 PM
I'm thinking this is the next EP. Stuff packs only come with clothes, hairs, objects, ect. and this sounds like it'll come way more than that. Plus, this'll fit with the time lasp between the old EP (Free Time) and the new one. Though, it would break the new/remake EP pattern.

I like the sound of this potential EP, though it doesn't sound like it'd be my favorite. It sounds like an extention to OFB which could be great since running a hotel or apartment sounds fun but I wonder how it'd impact the rest of the game since I know not everyone will want to play an apartment complex.

~* Childish, Eco-Friendly, Snob, Couch Potato, Inappropriate *~
Mad Poster
#23 Old 25th Mar 2008 at 12:18 PM
If it's about apartments, then i'm certainly looking forward to new city-like build items.
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 25th Mar 2008 at 12:32 PM
If this is the new EP, it's the probably the one I'm most excited about. I've always wanted appartments in my game, I've tried doing it but it just didn't work that well.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#25 Old 25th Mar 2008 at 11:09 PM
To make Apartments worth being an EP, here are a few ideal features since some people think apartments is just too minimal for an EP:

-Functional apartments with new rent bill and possible eviction if unpaid three times in a row
-The ability to live alone or with a family
-The ability to search for a new townie pool known as "Roommates" via computer/newspaper and a dialog will appear with a listing of available Sims (the ability to live with non-controllable roommates)
-Managing your own apartment in case you don't want to live in one but still want some sort of challenge by becoming a landlord/lady.
-New build mode features
-Tons of objects
-New clothes, hairstyles and accessories
-Assignable objects
-Improved assignable doors (like in OFB but a single door can now be locked for multiple Sims and not just one)
-New careers maybe just for the heck of it?
-New neighborhood or new destination (with new families to try out the new apartments)

Okay, I think if the EP came with more than half of these things, it can indeed be enough for an EP for those of you who may think Apartments is not big enough for an EP.
Page 1 of 19