Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Jun 2010 at 9:35 PM
Default Convert Castaway clothing to TS2?
First, I apologize for posting what I admit is arguably identifiable as a request, even though it goes against the rules for this forum. In all honesty, I have no idea what would be involved in this project and have no idea which request-taker to contact about it. I figured it was better to go ahead and ask for advice at the risk of bending the rules than to pester hardworking creators to do things they can't/won't do out of ignorance.

Well, by the time I finished the campaign of Castaway Stories, I had completely fallen in love with the native clothing with its "tribal" feel. I searched the internet extensively for TS2 conversions, but I couldn't find any. I searched again the other day, but there is still nothing. So, I figured I'd put in a request for them.

But what's involved in this sort of conversion? I know absolutely nothing about custom content creation, so I don't even know if you would need the Castaway game, or just screenshots; or if there would be any meshing involved, or just retexturing.

And, since the creators are very specific about what they do and do not do, and none of them specifically offer "(game)-to-(game) conversion" of any kind, I need some idea of what I'll be asking the creator(s) to do. Can anyone help me on this?
Advertisement
Typical
#2 Old 26th Jun 2010 at 9:38 PM
I wouldn't know how to do this myself, but for your future reference here is a list of sims 2 and 3 creators who take requests:
http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=392615
http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=392614
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Jun 2010 at 9:41 PM
Thank you, but I am already aware of these. XD In fact, the whole reason I'm posing this is because of how specific the creators on those lists are about what the will and will not do.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#4 Old 26th Jun 2010 at 11:08 PM
EA's been pretty protective of the Stories content - when Numenor converted the Life Stories objects to TS2, they made us take them down. With that in mind, the only recommendation we can officially give is to learn to convert the clothing yourself, for your own personal use.
Locked thread