Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#226 Old 17th Jan 2011 at 11:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kembial
In the end, with the rules presented as they are CURRENTLY, this is not a challenge. Your Sims skills have NOTHING to do with a positive result. Only random chance will provide you with the WIN.

Please do not be offended by observation + logic. If you enjoy random results, you may enjoy this challenge. If you enjoy results based on your own ability and skill, this is not the challenge for you.

i dont think this is so much about being good with sims as it is purely for the entertainment value combined with a good old game of 'lets see what happens if i...'
The randomness of the results is partially what makes it so cool. Plus after a period of time, the sims genes will no longer have very much fugly code to draw from for the next line so each generation will get progressively less horrifying... even if only by a little
Advertisement
Instructor
#227 Old 17th Jan 2011 at 5:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Virgin Snake
Ok so perhaps I was wrong about the ghosts not upsetting her... She couldn't do a thing... Constantly in the red!

But wait! What's this?

"Welcome to the neighborhood! I noticed you have a little ghost problem… would you like me to help bust ‘em for you?"

Yes! Bust my Ghosts! (How could I say no?)

Yay no more ghosts! Blu felt better after the ghosts where gone, got a job as a writer and asked Jason Baird, aka repo-man, on an outing. They became quick friends, and the option to move in was present very quickly.

Took me forever to get them dating... though they had a kid right away. I believe he was glitched, mainly because he only has three traits and couldn't up the romantic socials because it kept jumping back to "Thinks he's okay." They are finally married and have three kids now. Their eldest Sadie

and the Twins Lacy and Lilly

Objects and mods:
Pointed ears Cas Sliders by CmarNYC
Scribbling pad by Buzzler (Yay no need for a compuer to join the writing career!)
Autonomous Romantic Socials by Werismyki
Layerable Piercing Set by Winry
Fixed Gothic Gloves by Anubis360
From TSR...
Pure Heart Bracelet by Juzhitu
Butterfly Hair Clip by MelissaMel
af & am Accessory Earrings Hoop Small by DOT
Others...
Parsimonious boots by Kate
Choker.. can't remember where I found it... >.>

One of the twins almost seems normal save for the skin colour.

I sometimes think this challenge might be more challenging if it was to try and preserve the fugly than dilute it.
Test Subject
#228 Old 18th Jan 2011 at 6:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Spiritbw
One of the twins almost seems normal save for the skin colour.

I sometimes think this challenge might be more challenging if it was to try and preserve the fugly than dilute it.

Yeah... I think that would be difficult, definitely a challenge. I usually let my sims get with who they want... or with who ever the game tosses at them, instead of just searching the streets for the best genes. So I'd have to change how I play there.. hmm... I'm seeing how Sadie's kid is gonna turn out right now. The twin you are talking about is Lacy... I can't find her some one.. her parents want to see her marry... and she wants first kisses and romances.. but for some reason every one in my game is old... and dieing >.<"
Test Subject
#229 Old 6th Feb 2011 at 11:21 PM
Definitely trying this. Expect photos soon! :D
Scholar
#230 Old 6th Feb 2011 at 11:41 PM
I think I'm going to try a preserve the ugly challenge When I get around to it anyway XD
Test Subject
#231 Old 13th Feb 2011 at 4:08 AM
I just started this challenge today! Super excited, making the ugly sim was much more fun than I thought it would be!!

Okay so this is Kevin (yes she is a girl, I watched that movie UP last night, and I really liked that bird that was named Kevin)
[/IMG]

She is a Klepto, Childish, Innapropriate, Nuerotic, and a Mooch. She is a Pick pocket currently. The first man she met in town was Gobias, and they hit it off instantly

Luckily for Kevin, Gobias had a pretty nice house (and a lot of $$$) so she didn't have to stay poor for too long! They quickly became pregnant with their first child (gotta hury cuz Gobias is old) and they had baby Bronwyn!!

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

After Bronwyn came twin boys Tobias and Maverick

Tobias
[/IMG]

Maverick (who came out pretty normal considering his parents)
Test Subject
#232 Old 24th Feb 2011 at 8:42 PM
I turned aging off... because one of the kids is becoming an elder and hasn't had a child yet... She has a partner, but I wasn't going to make them have a kid yet... I've found out that they can actually give birth with aging off... wich is funny and weird but I'm going to use that to my advantage. Just thought I'd let you all know... >.< I'll update with pictures later. I obviously haven't been playing for awhile... mainly because my one sim was almost an elder and I freaked out and stopped playing before I realized what to do about it.

Ps... How did you bug the eyes out like that! O_O?
Test Subject
#233 Old 26th Feb 2011 at 11:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Claeric
It's not a matter of being "taught". Genetically we are predisposed to liking people who aren't fat. A fat person requires more food to be happy(and therefore more work), isn't as athletic, stuff like that. Therefore, they are naturally less attractive.

actually thats roung.some fat people have illnisses wich makes them fat.my best friend bearlly eats and yet shes fat.

sims are be teh awsome way of life[I][B]
Field Researcher
#234 Old 26th Feb 2011 at 11:20 PM
^Its a Dr. Pepper promo item from several months ago.
Test Subject
#235 Old 3rd Mar 2011 at 8:59 PM
I bought like 6 Dr. peppers for that thing, and two of the caps didn't work >.<" I was not happy. But I got that hair and either the hair for the blue twin, or one similar. Because the expansion came out with almost the identical thing...

I don't think I'll be continueing this challenge. My game has glitched... majorly! ... And I've no idea why. the blue twin had a baby... Then became a vampire. I went to the other one and while I was playing that family All of a sudden I realized in the family tree that the blue twin had another child... a teenager... vampire. While her first kid was still a toddler... This confused me... it also confused me that the next sim day, after her little infant became a toddler, she became a child... the next sim day a teenager... I ignored this. Blaming some time freak out cause I took a family on vacation. When I returned to the blue twin family I tried to get the son to move in. He was still a teenager though.. I almost cheated him into it but decided not too. Had the mother invite the boy over after he got out of school. He was a young adult. just like his mother... 0.o I went ok.. well now I can add him to the family. I did and he of course was a vampire and at the begaining of his young adult life... then all of a sudden it said "It's donovans birthday!" And he became an adult... now he's older then his mother... I left because I'm afraid he's going to turn into an elder if I play any further...
Has this ever happened to any of you before? And/or do you have any idea as to what I could do.. to.. I don't know... continue this challange?
Lab Assistant
#236 Old 6th Mar 2011 at 1:57 PM Last edited by corihummel77 : 6th Mar 2011 at 3:28 PM.
Ok so after spending about an hour lurking (eegads!) in the forums, I came across this tread & about fell outta my chair!!!!!

So, here is my contribution so far:

Meet Ulga Gross (yeah yeah, -10 points for lack of originality )

Here's Gen 2 so far

Floyd:

and Cara:

Yikes!!!!

I thought I should add a pic of the daddy; Barry Tenderlove in Bridgeport:

Field Researcher
#237 Old 7th Mar 2011 at 5:08 AM
corihummel77: I swear your sim's children are actually uglier than the original sim!

(Ancient) Sims 2 stories | Adventurous, Bookworm, Eco-Friendly, Genius, Over-Emotional
Lab Assistant
#238 Old 7th Mar 2011 at 5:30 AM Last edited by corihummel77 : 10th Mar 2011 at 4:09 PM.
^ I know, right? They're kinda terrifying aren't they. Especially my sweet baby girl....yeeuucckk!!!!

Ok here's an update:

I chose Floyd to be the heir because he was slighty less repulsive
All growd up

I hooked him up w/ Miranda Prattle, moved them to Sunset Valley because Bridgeport is too crashy and they had twin girls
Phillipa:

And Darla:

I chose Darla as the next heir because she had inherited Miranda's eyes. Here she is as a teen & adult:

Darla had a one night stand with Connor Frio and had twin boys, Lyle & George:

Can you guess who's the next heir!!! That would be the little blonde cutie, Lyle who seems to take after his grandma Miranda!!!! We'll just have to see what, if any, of the ucky genes he carries on down
Test Subject
#239 Old 19th Apr 2011 at 4:42 AM
Saw this thread the other day and found it far too funny to not participate.

Generation one is the one and only Jarla Kezzo. Jarla being the Hopeless Romantic she is went out to find herself THE man. During a hot and sweaty trip to the gym she met the charming Justin (forgot his last name), after being Friendly towards him, she was able to wow her with her Great Kissing and Great Sense of Humor. Later that day, they went steady, got engaged, and had a nice private wedding. Naturally, for their wedding night they got a little.. uh.. busy. Being the Artist that she is, I expected nothing less than a masterpiece as her first child, Milly Kezzo

The hair, eyebrows, and weight (except for the boobies) didn't reappear in Milly. But the nose, lips, and blueness remain!
Off to work on the next generation.
Lab Assistant
#240 Old 19th Apr 2011 at 7:31 PM
Wow! Sounds like fun!
Ill give it a go!

Also how do I post pics?
Instructor
#241 Old 5th May 2011 at 7:23 PM
Alright I will have to re-attempt this. I was ver upset when peggy piggys game file ended up corrupt and unplayable but yes it is time for a second attempt.
Test Subject
#242 Old 9th May 2011 at 7:07 PM
Default Helga Hideous...
Friends, meet Helga Hideous. Her mother, Mrs. Hideous was a failed experiment by a group of experimental mad scientists. Topic of experiment: Skin Tans. Needless to say, these experiments left a lifelong mark on her. As for Helga's father, no one really knows who he was, but word at the local bar usually mentions a hippo or a rhinocerous.....

Helga's traits are Kleptomaniac, Flirty, Workaholic, Ambitious and Commitement Issues.

Helga settled down quite well into Sunset Valley. The day she walked in, she took a job in the Business Career, and after work, took to hanging around local parks, eye balling any males happening to be around the vicinity. Trying with many men and failing miserably, she would walk home depressed each day......

Funnily enough, one day, she found the man of her dreams.......Walking around her neighbourhood, Xavier something had tried his luck with almost everyone, everywhere, not finding anyone willing to let him in either heart nor bed...... Desperation, pure, sheer, desperation brought these two......PEOPLE together...

Now Xavier was desperate, but not stupid. He knew that Helga wasn't exactly the most BEAUTIFUL dame around. Nevertheless, it took Helga three days to get him to stay over and then get him to bed. It MIGHT also have to have had something with some odd coloured liquids mixed in Xavier's Goopy Carbonara, but, then, we'll never know......

Many hours later, Xavier crept out of the house and was never really seen again.... Though he did often try to contact Helga, she preferred to play Hard To Get.....

A couple of days later, Helga was experiencing funny symptoms.... Due to her yet undefined paternal blood, she'd been known to properly consume and digest ANYTHING put in her mouth....including some rubber tyres for a bet in her teenage years.....good times.....But now, it seemed, she was vomiting at even the smell of normal food. After the proper tests, it was confirmed: Helga was pregnant!

A couple of watermelons and days later, Helga's waters broke in the middle of the night.

She delivered right there, next to her bed side, after hardly breaking a sweat. Welcome to the family, Little Hilda Hideous!

So far, Hilda takes up mostly after her mother, but the nose certainly isn't that large and the eyes not as grey..... Her father can be seen in her a bit. I'm hoping she turns more hideous as she ages :P

The days passed by and Helga struggles to single handedly manage to fend for herself and Hilda. What with baby sitter expenses and bills to pay, that's hardly any income at all. But she's making progress..... Time flies and Hilda is soon a toddler. She's already potty trained and is waling; she has mastered the peg box and xylophone.

That's all for now. Sorry I was so elaborate and hope it isn't a boring read; one of my first forum posts and definitely my first challenge.... hope you enjoyed,

The Observant Lefty.
Lab Assistant
#243 Old 21st Sep 2011 at 2:14 PM
Here's mine:

http://lh6.ggpht.com/-wj8AiNlNFVM/T....jpg?imgmax=800

SIDEWAY:

http://lh5.ggpht.com/-2nQYJFYXMF8/T....jpg?imgmax=800

A couple of kids:
http://lh5.ggpht.com/-nuUZyHxjE8o/T....jpg?imgmax=800

You can view them all here: http://donnasims3.blogspot.com/2011...re-part-01.html

I really like viewing other's ugly Sims - they all crack me up and seeing how the kids turn up is interesting and amusing.

---------------------------------
Playing The Sims 3 - Sims 3 Snapshots & Stories
Test Subject
#244 Old 3rd Dec 2011 at 10:47 PM
Meet Betty Ew

And her victim (I wish he was better looking but i chose the first guy i saw) lol

To be continued !
Scholar
#245 Old 3rd Dec 2011 at 11:07 PM
I plan on having two ugly founders, then pairing the ugliest spawn with townies until the ugly gene is gone. BUT, for every generation, I will choose the ugliest one to move on *grins*
And I'll do this...eventually. I swear I will XD
Test Subject
#246 Old 11th Dec 2011 at 9:56 AM
Oh, my God. I just read through this whole thread and I am crying I am laughing so hard. I am loving your creations, guys! HAHAHAHA
Instructor
#247 Old 15th Dec 2011 at 5:39 AM
I combined this with the random legacy challenge just to help keep me going.

Mira Moche and her 6 children. I forgot to take a photo of their father...

Blaine, triplets: Eli, Cara and Liam and twins: Mia and Farrah
Field Researcher
#248 Old 30th Dec 2011 at 2:54 AM
Default disappointed
oy i think i shall restart.... this is my founder:

and these are kids 5 generations down the line:

and examined these toddlers for the adnormalities that were within the founder........... even a hint of them and nothing...... they look like perfectly normal toddlers.... well except for the one with pink hair..... but that doesn't look bad
Test Subject
#249 Old 11th Jan 2012 at 10:43 PM Last edited by rn510 : 12th Jan 2012 at 12:32 AM.
I'm gonna start right away~
Test Subject
#250 Old 12th Jan 2012 at 10:48 PM
Click pics to make bigger.
Here she is Porkina McPoopsmith, when she was young her father left as soon as he saw what was born. Gone right out of the hospital leaving her mother to raise her... kinda, her mother kept a towel over her face when she was young and hired baby sitters alot of the time, but she still succeeded in life by marrying Jebediah Wilson (I think) and divorcing quickly after getting pregnant.

And their son Unfavorable McPoopsmith (I like his first name the best)
Page 10 of 16