Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 3:46 PM
Default How enable the Generations body hair for teens?
Hi, someone has a mod or know some way to "activate" the body hair for male teen, how they done with the tatoos? I don't know much things about the programs and stuff that we have had. I only have SimPE.

I like to know if someone enable the base game and the expansions beards for teens too.

Thank you.

P.S.: I'm Brazilian guys, so, have patience if I din't understand some stuff.
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 4:30 PM
I don't have generations yet - could you explain how the body hair works? Is it a slider? Makeup? Hair? etc.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 4:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by whiterider
I don't have generations yet - could you explain how the body hair works? Is it a slider? Makeup? Hair? etc.

The body hair is a new category in the Hair section. They are like the tatoos: you choose the place where you wanna put it, like chest, back, arms, etc...
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#4 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 4:41 PM
Hm. Well, I would expect the body hair to have a CASP, in that case - you should be able to find it looking through the Generations Fullbuild files with S3PE... probably named amBodySomething. Then it's just a matter of ticking boxes. How much of that did you understand, how much more explanation do you need? Do be aware that this is just an educated guess - there may be no CASP, and thus no similarity to other things we're used to at all.

Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#5 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 5:14 PM
I've been looking into this. Yes, there are CASPs in the DeltaBuild0 package for the base game, named amBhairWhatever. Interestingly they include meshes. I don't know if the hair shows up in base game - from your remarks, Whiterider, I assume not. The actual CASP files don't have an EP marker so presumably something prevents the Body Hair tab from showing up in the Hair section. The main problem with enabling for teens (and women) is getting that tab to show up in CAS. A core coding change enables tattoos for teens but so far I've been unable to find the corresponding code for body hair. If it's in the unmanaged part of the code that's not open to modders it may not be doable.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#6 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 6:55 PM
I haven't patched either, so I wouldn't know if the hair is included in basegame. I just don't have time to patch and play at the moment.

Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#7 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 10:38 PM
I see! Then body hair most likely is included in the base game patch.

Also I found the code enabling/disabling body hair, and most likely I'm going to update XCAS to enable it for teens and optionally for females if the locations can be expanded.
Test Subject
#8 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 1:41 PM
Without somehow hacking CAS to enable the option of applying body hair to teens (hopefully this will be figured out soon), I was able to get body hair onto teens by enabling Teen in the body hair casparts, applying it to the sim as an adult, and then switching their age to a teen. This kept the body hair on them (which I'm assuming wouldn't have happened without my casparts modification).

I've attached the package for those who want it now and don't currently mind having to switch between adult and teen in CAS to do it. If you think it's worth me releasing as an actual mod, I can do, but I never have before and I'm unsure how long until this becomes obsolete.

edit: Oh, hi by the way, Cmar. I just noticed who you are and remembered your great job with the custom tattoo locations. I'm sure you're way more qualified than me for this, so I bet you'll release something a lot better soon, but hopefully my little mod will help anyone for the time being
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Maeldor_body-hair-teen-enabled_v1.0.rar (8.7 KB, 231 downloads) - View custom content
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#9 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 4:01 PM
Hi, Maeldor. I'm working on XCAS for a near future update, but your changes to the CAS parts will also be necessary. If you want to upload I can link from the XCAS thread to yours, or if you give permission I'll include your package with the XCAS update, with credit.
Test Subject
#10 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 4:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
Hi, Maeldor. I'm working on XCAS for a near future update, but your changes to the CAS parts will also be necessary. If you want to upload I can link from the XCAS thread to yours, or if you give permission I'll include your package with the XCAS update, with credit.
Thanks for the consideration! It's such a trivial little change, I don't mind how you approach it Feel free to take it, edit it, and provide it however you need Or even make your own if you prefer; I don't mind! Chances are I might have missed something as I did it really quickly as a proof of concept to see if it worked.

Regarding your update, I assume it'll be core requirement? I'm not actually using a core mod yet because nothing works with Generations so far, but I plan to, and I'd still find your XCAS helpful. Any chance this will work with MasterController as well? I suppose you'll probably have to wait for twallan to do that, though. Would be awesome anyway
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#11 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 5:51 PM
Yes, my mod to enable body hair for teens would be in XCAS and a core mod. Changing the core code is the only way to do it. At some point Twallan will no doubt come out with a version or extension of MC that changes that core code without a core mod, but meantime (or permanently if you prefer) you can use XCAS along with Master Controller. As far as I know the only MC mods that conflict with XCAS are the tattoo extension and the CAS Integrator.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 6th Jun 2011 at 7:56 PM
Wow, I tried to do something but it doesn't work. Tried to do the adult beards enabled for teens too, it appears in CAS, but its unrecolorable. I hope someone can fix that. Thanks for the ones who are doing the body hair. I hope for updates soon. Thanks again.