Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th May 2013 at 10:22 PM
Default For some odd reason, my lots are always too big to upload. How exactly to upload a lot file
In the past, I've made some attempts to uploading a custom house to share. The first time I was able to upload a file it got rejected. Now that I'm highly sure of how to make a quality home, my lots are too large. I don't understand how. Do I have too much items in the lot?

For this certain home, it's size is 3x2 and it has 5x5 -6x5 rooms. The house has 3 Bedrooms, 2 baths, and a 1 car garage. I'll show the image. I spent a lot of time on this house and it is disappointing to not be able to upload something that took me hours to make.

The file is 11.4 MB. It seems when I delete more furniture, the file size doesn't change much.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 5th May 2013 at 10:37 PM
Is the file compressed into a Rar? Or is it overloaded with cc? A normal house lot should not be too big. My water park is huge and only 3.53 MB.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th May 2013 at 10:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Is the file compressed into a Rar? Or is it overloaded with cc? A normal house lot should not be too big. My water park is huge and only 3.53 MB.

It just has a few recolors. It has my recolored counters and a night life table that's recolored. That's it. The majority of the other stuff is from expansion packs.
Screenshots
Site Helper
#4 Old 6th May 2013 at 12:29 AM Last edited by Mootilda : 6th May 2013 at 8:54 PM.
- Did you use the Clean Installer to see which CC is included in the Sims2Pack? More and larger CC means a larger Sims2Pack.

- Do you have a lot of custom paintings? Custom paintings are stored in the lot package and can increase the size of the lot.

- rar will compress better than ZIP, and 7zip will compress better than RAR. If you fiddle with the 7zip parameters, you can make the file even smaller. Here's a link to 7Zip:
http://www.7-zip.org/

- Each terrain paint used will add a new array to the lot. If you use a bunch of terrain paints, it will increase the size of your Sims2Pack.

- When you create a lot in a neighborhood full of sims, information about those sims will be added to your lot package. If you consistently find that your lot packages are large, then you might want to try building your lots in a neighborhood with no sims at all (not even townies).

- If a lot has been lived in, it will contain information about the sims who lived there, and possibly other sims like the maid, gardener and butler. In general, it is much safer to share lots which have not been lived in.

- I have a program which will decrease the size of your lot by removing unnecessary internal images:
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=426409

- TwoJeffs has another program will will decrease the size of a package by compressing text fields:
http://forum.jfade.com/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=473

The two compression programs do different things and can be used together. As I understand it, the Compressorizor works by compressing each record, although it may also remove previously-deleted records. The LotCompressor works by removing some things which are unnecessary. They should be able to be used in conjunction for maximum compression (I would recommend the LotCompressor, then the Compressorizor). Just be sure to make a backup first, in case something goes wrong.
Locked thread | Locked by: ThreadMover Reason: Outdated / No Replies