Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Jun 2013 at 1:16 PM
Default Sims2 Cleaner Installer: A bit of confusion.
I just installed it into my computer. I'm a bit confused about how to check a lot file. I'm aware of opening up "Packagedlots" from my sims 2 data. Once I open Sims2 Cleaner, I expected to be able to open the lot file itself and check through all the items that are in the lot. I can't open the file all I can do is delete it, make a new file, disable it, move it, and enable it

How exactly does scanning and checking a file for hacks and errors work?
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 10th Jun 2013 at 1:26 PM
Are you trying to check a lot you packaged for uploading or a lot that you downloaded?

If you downloaded a lot and it's been compressed into a rar just do extract here to see the sims 2 pack. Click on it and it will open showing the contents.
If you want to check a lot you sent to file it will be inside your package lots folder and you should also be able to open it by clicking on it.
Try right clicking and choosing properties/open with if something else is set to try and open it.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Site Helper
#3 Old 10th Jun 2013 at 3:53 PM
It sounds like you are starting the Clean Installer and then looking at the packages in your LotCatalog. That's too late. By the time that a package is in the LotCatalog folder (a.k.a. Lot Bin), all of the CC has already been placed in your Downloads folder.

If you want to clean a lot, you need to open the Sims2Pack file with the Clean Installer, which you normally do by double clicking on the Sims2Pack file.

If you are trying to clean a lot so that you can share it, the first step is to package the lot in-game. That will create a Sims2Pack file in your PackagedLots folder. Then, double click on the Sims2Pack to run the Clean Installer and see everything that the game packaged with the lot.
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 10th Jun 2013 at 5:00 PM
Thanks for replying to my post. Now I know that you have to go into lotcatalog to open the file. I see all my custom made wallpaper and floors. Yet, I don't see any furniture in the list.
Site Helper
#5 Old 10th Jun 2013 at 10:27 PM
I'm still not clear what you're trying to accomplish. Perhaps a couple of screenshots would help us to understand your problem.