Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Oct 2014 at 7:12 PM
Default Lucky Sims 2 Moments
Ever had those moments where you're hoping for some random thing to happen in game with still a bit of doubt, but it managed to happen in your favor? Or a glitch you've been struggling with miraculously disappears on its own?
That's what this thread is for :D

Last night, in fact, I was struggling with an obnoxious jump bug problem; and with AL and its portrait refreshing it was driving me nuts. I decided to try and see what it was and turned on testing cheats... suddenly the bug was gone and has not been seen since. Looks like my game was being sneaky but hey I was lucky.

A while ago I was waiting for a sim of mine to meet another playable to befriend him for story purposes and, without thinking of it, I allowed one of his other friends to bring his friend with him too when he was invited. Turns out that friend was exactly who I needed!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 24th Oct 2014 at 7:28 PM
Yeah, I've had those moments when I want certain sims to meet specific sims but I don't want to force it (by cheating). Let's say I'm playing a completely different household now and send them to a community lot, and when they are there, the two sims who I was planning on letting them meet would actually be there in the "background" and would meet and interact on their own! Yay!

And sometimes, if I'm lucky enough they would "enter chatrooms" on the computers and so my sim would chat online with the other party. It gives me so much relief, knowing that things are going according to plan!
Mad Poster
#3 Old 24th Oct 2014 at 10:55 PM
I've seen my Sim going to the phone to call another Sim. Then the phone rings, and it's the very Sim they wanted to speak to.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 25th Oct 2014 at 12:15 AM
I had really lucky sim. He returned from university and I found him house with cost of 23K. So I entered house and removed all furniture leaving only one cheap toilet, one cheapest desk and one chair. Cost was now a bit less than 20K and my sim moved in, totally broke...He needed to find a job ASAP and when he got Rod Humble`s computer, he found a job in Art career, starting at 12. It was already 12 and I sent him walk to work. A chance card popped up and I said "Go ahead, take a job." He got 40K from chance card.
When he returned from work, he got promotion...+additional 20K..."Hey man, you are rich now, lets furnish the house."
Inventor
#5 Old 25th Oct 2014 at 3:08 AM
One of my male sims - a single father to 3 boys and very strapped for cash/struggling to get up the career ladder, etc, suddenly had a visit from the gypsy woman who delivered the magic lamp, and he was able to temporarily alleviate his financial problems by wishing for money. It came at a good time because I was thinking of getting the two mothers of his kids to send him child support money to help him out. I didn't need to! I like it when things work out like that for deserving sims.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 25th Oct 2014 at 9:05 AM
When dad calls for a babysitter, and THE one you like is chosen...you know all will be alright.
" I'll cuddle you, put you in your crib, tuck you in then I'll play a lullaby..." - Nanny
Screenshots

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#7 Old 25th Oct 2014 at 3:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jodemilo
One of my male sims - a single father to 3 boys and very strapped for cash/struggling to get up the career ladder, etc, suddenly had a visit from the gypsy woman who delivered the magic lamp, and he was able to temporarily alleviate his financial problems by wishing for money. It came at a good time because I was thinking of getting the two mothers of his kids to send him child support money to help him out. I didn't need to! I like it when things work out like that for deserving sims.

This happened to my really poor sim too. She was a late teenager (no longer had school and had an adult job) with a baby, and she had $5 to her name, so she couldn't afford a Nanny and had no vacation days, so eventually she lost her job by the time her daughter was a toddler. They were too poor to restock their fridge, when suddenly the gypsy appeared. :D

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Mad Poster
#8 Old 25th Oct 2014 at 7:43 PM
My heir died in my legacy, there was no way I could save her. Then I realised that the lot was glitched so that the save button was greyed out, I didn't have a Lot Debugger on the lot, and I was forced to crash the game in order to quit. So of course it had the same effect as quit without saving :P

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Alchemist
#9 Old 25th Oct 2014 at 7:48 PM
When you are visiting community lots to look for a new partner and you find one at your first try

When you gain the needed skill for a promotion just seconds before the carpool arrives
Mad Poster
#10 Old 25th Oct 2014 at 10:18 PM
So, I had another one of those moments where I wanted two teens to meet but they didn't know each other at all, and neither did their family members know the other family. But the day was saved as the mother came back home from work and brought the other teen's mother home with her! Yay!
Instructor
#11 Old 28th Oct 2014 at 7:00 AM
When I made the characters from a story I was writing ages ago it was as if my sims knew who they were supposed to be. All three of the bad guys got the criminal LTW and some of the sims who were meant to be enemies started fighting the moment they were introduced.

Visit my ToT challenge here.