Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Oct 2014 at 12:44 AM
Default For you artists: Do you feel crushed by numerous projects?
I have to say I've overload on projects.

Firstly, my NaNoWriMo is either about a recluse or drama queen, whichever I can devote my time to.

Secondly, I have my mother's Christmas card of Phineas and Ferb with Charlie Brown in a card I'm making for her. She's a fan of Phineas and Ferb. (Mojo Jojo, much?)

Lastly, I have to finish my Manba and Alice Cooper doll for a stop-motion project.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 25th Oct 2014 at 1:32 AM
- My sims-story (and the rewrite that isn't sims-related)
- At least two dozen various Sims-projects I really want to finish, not including all those poses I've got left to do for my story pics
- Finish knitting a scarf I started 2 years ago.
- Make some photo albums I've promised to do

Then there's the other things, such as
- Start driving lessons, and preferably finish it sometime around summer next year
- Tidy up my room at mom's place, which has been a storing room for about 10 years now.
- Some 10-15 unread books (not including school books, of which I've got about half a ton)
- Start thinking about what to do with this year's X-mas presents

And probably a bunch more. I tend to have too much going on at the same time, and not enough energy to do half of it...

So I think you can say I've got an overload on projects, too.
#3 Old 25th Oct 2014 at 2:11 AM
Yeah, let's see, there's...

-Anim for YouTube
-Something for anime club, was going to make it an animation but upon finding that we only have three more meetings I compromised and made it a manga instead
-Music video anim for computer media (this one's easy since I get to work on it in class)

-Am I even still doing that comic series? Probably not, I broke my promise of finishing it quicker a long time ago.
-Sims video
-Sims neighborhood for download (yeah probably not going to finish that one)
-Crappy stories I write that have no point and I usually never finish
-When does that guy want to get back and do that series? I swear to God, if he doesn't make a move I'll drop it all together.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#4 Old 25th Oct 2014 at 3:49 AM
Nope - I love doing lots of things all the time.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Scholar
#5 Old 25th Oct 2014 at 11:05 PM
Yes. I draw, and got a whole bunch of requests a few weeks ago. About 7 in total. I haven't started any of them, because the whole thing is so overwhelming.
Truth be told, I'm also a slight bit annoyed they're all expecting me to do it for free... at least that gives me an excuse not to do it.

I also have some projects of my own. Was working on making my own card game, about 40% done and it's come to a big ole halt. I've some comics I'm trying to keep alive. And then there's NaNoWriMo. Fucking hell.

“I MAY BE A HOGWARTS STUDENT" Hargirid paused angrily. "BUT I AM ALSO A SATANIST!”
Falco - The original Prombat
Inventor
#6 Old 26th Oct 2014 at 1:01 AM
For me, just one thing often feels overwhelming. I find it very hard to stick to one thing for long periods of time. Often if I do something, it's either very small/easy to begin with or I have to rush it. I try to go back to projects I've left but I always forget where I am, or have lost all inspiration and it's just easier to start again.

This problem has gotten steadily worse, for example, a couple of years ago I made a full set of default replacement templates for the sims 2 but I've fallen somewhat out of love with them, and for months I've been trying to make another set and all I have managed to accomplish is one complete template (the first one, "heart") and it was... Inexplicably hard to finish. I know what to do and I know I can do it but I lack focus and motivation.
Theorist
#7 Old 26th Oct 2014 at 1:36 AM
I feel weighed down by just one project. There are people out there who climb mountains and run goddamn marathons. My starve ass spent the day on a CVS hiney donut looking at straightdope.com, renderosity and Photoshop.
Scholar
#8 Old 26th Oct 2014 at 1:43 AM
-Rewriting all the short stories I lost, plus jotting down any new ideas that happen to come along.
-Drawing things for future Christmas presents because I'm too poor to buy anything for people.
-Finishing all the pixel dolls people ordered from my shop on an avatar forum.

Doesn't sound like much but it's taking a toll on me.

The secret ingredient is phone.
Growing up means watching my heroes turn human in front of me.
Thank you, O Mighty Doom Deity! - BL00DIEHELL
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#9 Old 21st Nov 2014 at 1:07 AM
Lately got back into Chuckimation, a 20-year old animation style that is nothing more than dolls being manipulated off-camera with slightly jerking movement. They tend to pop up on YouTube which many of the animators may have never seen the first production that featured it: Action League NOW! on Nickelodeon

Another project, another headache...

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Forum Resident
#10 Old 21st Nov 2014 at 2:18 AM
I tend to focus single-mindedly on projects that interest me, and drop those that take up too much time until I get the interest again. My current pet project is my Sims story, and as I have a weekly schedule, it keeps me on my toes. Hopefully I can stop being so lazy once I learn to work within deadlines.

Avatar model: Shi Gaik Lan / Atroxia "Jade Orchid" Lion (Source: Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires).
The Four Stars (Table of Content)
Mekageddon, the Interactive Story. (Remake Discussion) (Dev Tumblr)