Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#4901 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 10:55 PM
You get kittens?!! I've NEVER seen that, just adult cats & big dogs (no small dogs).

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#4902 Old 20th Nov 2017 at 12:34 AM
All the time. Is the small dog tab empty when you go to it? That's weird...This must be a mod issue, most likely to do with spawn repressors. .Not only do I get kittens, but I almost always have four to six babies available in all three categories - if I adopt three kittens, more will usually generate before the adult cats get to the first preview panel. I frequently forget you can adopt older pets because I usually find someone acceptable among the kittens and puppies.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#4903 Old 20th Nov 2017 at 12:49 AM
I recently had some baby pets generate in the pool, except that they were all named "Female Kitten" or "Male Puppy." I've never seen that happen before. I just gave them some names with SimPE.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#4904 Old 20th Nov 2017 at 2:07 AM
That's what almost all of mine are named. You get a chance to name them during adoption, so it doesn't matter.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#4905 Old 20th Nov 2017 at 3:59 AM
Ah, I have "norespawn" for strays; I was just trying to stop the generation of yet one more big mean dog..guess I've had the mod so long I've never seen the base-game action! Out it comes!

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Scholar
#4906 Old 20th Nov 2017 at 4:21 AM
I think at least some of the mean big dogs are actually wolves (there's a white wolf and a grey wolf in addition to the yellow-eyed pack leader). Use the Visitor Controller to ban wolves and see if that helps.
Mad Poster
#4907 Old 20th Nov 2017 at 4:31 AM
There's also a "No Wolves Allowed" sign available here: http://sims.jfade.com/index.php?category=1&subcat=3
Inventor
#4908 Old 20th Nov 2017 at 4:38 AM
Yep, the big mean dogs are wolves. It's easy to distinguish them from other large canines by how aggressive they normally are and they'll howl on occasion. Not to confuse them with Siberian huskies, which are black and white and they're a little fluffier. Usually I keep the wolves banned, but if I'm bored I'll unban them and then summon a few to watch them in a snarling match.

Check out my profile for homes and community lots ready for download: My Homes and Stuff
Mad Poster
#4909 Old 20th Nov 2017 at 5:22 AM
Mad Poster
#4910 Old 20th Nov 2017 at 5:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by JDacapo
how do you make sure you get a wolf every day?

You could always try the "Wolf Attraction Sign" from the same link I just posted above. But to really be sure, I think the only way it so have a werewolf summon wolves.
Edit: I seem to remember some other things supposedly attracting wolves, like having a lot of trees on the lot or having babies and toddlers in the household.
Inventor
#4911 Old 20th Nov 2017 at 5:28 AM
Or use the InSIMenator's summoner item. Both wolves and master wolves would be under NPCs. If there aren't already any wolves in existence, the game will generate them through that.

Check out my profile for homes and community lots ready for download: My Homes and Stuff
Mad Poster
#4912 Old 20th Nov 2017 at 6:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
You could always try the "Wolf Attraction Sign" from the same link I just posted above. But to really be sure, I think the only way it so have a werewolf summon wolves.
Edit: I seem to remember some other things supposedly attracting wolves, like having a lot of trees on the lot or having babies and toddlers in the household.

Does it summon plain wolves or a buncha pack leaders? Those doggies start fights on my sims' lots every single night due to the mod I got.
Mad Poster
#4913 Old 20th Nov 2017 at 7:00 AM
On the topic of wolves, is there a way to change the 'breed' for newly spawned ones? They look more like some sort of domestic breed rather than an actual wolf.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#4914 Old 20th Nov 2017 at 7:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by JDacapo
Does it summon plain wolves or a buncha pack leaders?

Regular ones as far as I know. I don't think you can normally get more than one pack leader in a given hood. The werewolf's summon wolves interaction spawns regular wolves; I've done that one to intentionally populate a hood with a sizable wolf pack.
Mad Poster
#4915 Old 20th Nov 2017 at 7:35 AM
I love having sims adopt wolves - it's so super cute watching them play fetch, and having the toddlers cuddling the big wolfies <3 And the wolfies either let the toddlers cuddle them or they just growl - no biting or mauling.
Mad Poster
#4916 Old 20th Nov 2017 at 8:06 AM

That expression says it all.

Inventor
#4917 Old 20th Nov 2017 at 11:26 AM
I've seen more than one pack leader within a neighborhood. No, that's not due to me messing with the summoner either. Sometimes my game likes to be a little extra generous with animals.

Scholar
#4918 Old 20th Nov 2017 at 12:37 PM
i'm cleaning up my downloads folder (making files example: clothes hair etc) and it's so time consuming! surely there's a better way right?

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Mad Poster
#4919 Old 20th Nov 2017 at 12:49 PM
Mad Poster
#4920 Old 20th Nov 2017 at 1:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kamoodle5
I've seen more than one pack leader within a neighborhood. No, that's not due to me messing with the summoner either. Sometimes my game likes to be a little extra generous with animals.

Unless modded, the game normally has 3 of every NPC. Isn't the pack leader also considered an NPC? If so, that would explain why you see more than one.
Mad Poster
#4921 Old 20th Nov 2017 at 4:44 PM
MogHughsons postal system really is a great addition to the game. I forgot I had sent a post card to a Sim, and it was such a neat surprise to have my Sims go pick up the mail and find a card congratulating them on their wedding.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Mad Poster
#4922 Old 20th Nov 2017 at 5:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister

That expression says it all.

"I'll hug him and love him and squeeze him and call him George!"
Forum Resident
#4923 Old 20th Nov 2017 at 6:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
MogHughsons postal system really is a great addition to the game. I forgot I had sent a post card to a Sim, and it was such a neat surprise to have my Sims go pick up the mail and find a card congratulating them on their wedding.
This makes me interested in adding that to my game!

For my physical health, I can't eat cheesecake everyday.
For my mental health, I imagine eating cheesecake everyday.
It's a delicate balance.
Inventor
#4924 Old 20th Nov 2017 at 6:32 PM
Last time I had a Sim adopt a wolf, I used SimPE to change up her personality. After that, she became the most loving wolf that wasn't shy to say hello. Even changed her appearance from straight black to a bluish-gray over white.

Mad Poster
#4925 Old 20th Nov 2017 at 9:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Emerald1234
i'm cleaning up my downloads folder (making files example: clothes hair etc) and it's so time consuming! surely there's a better way right?

Ctrl + E ?
Page 197 of 511