Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

No (or fewer) automatic memories (with custom tool to make your own mod) Edited 01/16/2014

by velocitygrass Posted 19th Jun 2011 at 5:16 PM - Updated 19th Aug 2014 at 6:43 PM by velocitygrass : added note about patch 1.66

622 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 370 Feedback Posts, 251 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 13 of 25
Inventor
Original Poster
#301 Old 4th Mar 2012 at 7:56 AM
@DayaTom: After the last time when providing both versions caused much confusion, I now only provide the pre-made packages for the latest patch. You can however use the tool to create your own package that fits to patch 1.29.

@Magdaleno99: Thank you
Test Subject
#302 Old 4th Mar 2012 at 3:33 PM
Hi velocitygrass, thank you very much for your mods (they're fantastic!).
There's one thing I don't understand (I'm a little stupid, sorry!): how can I create my own package of memories for the patch 1.31? I can't find the memories in the tool, should I download the file "velocitygrass_only_important_memories.zip" and use it together with the tool or should I replace the file that I created with yours?
I've read that I have to use only one file at a time, but I'm a bit confused...
By the way, thanks again!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#303 Old 5th Mar 2012 at 3:54 AM
Thanks. I wish that EA let you decide which memories to keep or not. Who wants to remember a dip in the pool every single time you do it? EA should also fix Sims so that the user can control whether or not it will be G rated PG rated or R rated for adults. It's not just for children EA! (getting off soapbox now.)
Inventor
Original Poster
#304 Old 5th Mar 2012 at 10:24 AM
@Ambrily: Did you manage to start the tool at all? Is there no list in the main area? It should look similar to the screenshot on the overview page with a list of memories grouped by category.
Test Subject
#305 Old 5th Mar 2012 at 11:26 AM Last edited by Ambrily : 5th Mar 2012 at 11:38 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by velocitygrass
@Ambrily: Did you manage to start the tool at all? Is there no list in the main area? It should look similar to the screenshot on the overview page with a list of memories grouped by category.

I find the memories, but only for the base game and the first five expansions. I cannot find any memories for ShowTime...

EDIT: Ok, problem solved! I have re-downloaded your tool for the third time and found all the memories this time. I've been able to open my previous file of permitted memories and there were ShowTime options, too! I'm so happy!
Now it is working fine, thanks a lot for answering!
Test Subject
#306 Old 5th Mar 2012 at 7:07 PM
Couldn't open the Sim Panel with the 1.29 version. Now going to re-download and check again, will get back with the results later!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#307 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 4:39 AM
tanks11
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#308 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 4:39 AM
soory its Thanks!
Inventor
Original Poster
#309 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 7:50 AM
@Ambrily: I'm glad it's working now.
@kezza596: Yes, it's been reported that using a mod version that doesn't fit the patch level of your game causes problems with switching to the sim panel and with LTWs. So you should use a version that fits your patch level. If you're not running patch level 1.31, you need to create your own fitting package with the tool.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#310 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 8:14 PM
1.31 version works now. Thanks for the quick update!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#311 Old 7th Mar 2012 at 8:20 PM
Thank you for updating your mod, it solved my lifetime wishes glitch I was having with the previous version
See here for more details: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=459755
Inventor
Original Poster
#312 Old 7th Mar 2012 at 10:49 PM
@TammyLin Saphir: Yes, the file that this overwrites handles all wishes (memories are just wishes that have a flag to trigger the making of the memory), and when you run with an old version you apparently not only miss the new wishes, but it corrupts all wishes. I've added a warning to the overview.
Test Subject
#313 Old 9th Mar 2012 at 1:45 AM
Is this compatible with Showtime?
Inventor
Original Poster
#314 Old 9th Mar 2012 at 7:36 AM
@xxheyhunnxx: Patch 1.31 is the base game patch that you have when you install Showtime, so yes.
Test Subject
#315 Old 9th Mar 2012 at 9:34 AM
Hi velocitygrass. Is this mod compatible with 1.32 also? Thanks again!
Inventor
Original Poster
#316 Old 9th Mar 2012 at 12:21 PM
@Ambrily: Yes, they didn't change the resource in 1.32, so you can keep using the 1.31 one.
Test Subject
#317 Old 10th Mar 2012 at 3:50 AM
Thanks for this mod
Lab Assistant
#318 Old 10th Mar 2012 at 5:44 AM
hey, i used the mod maker updated on the 9th, but for some reason, the resulting package was breaking my game. Could that be just a one time glitch? i didn't recall seeing any showtime related memories either.
I'm going to give it another shot creating a file from scratch instead of loading an old file to see if that helps too.
Inventor
Original Poster
#319 Old 10th Mar 2012 at 8:08 AM
@vgbookworm: If your game is patched to either 1.31 or 1.32, you should see Showtime memories at the bottom of the list.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#320 Old 10th Mar 2012 at 8:43 AM
A great big thank you for this! I had become tired of having to delete memories I don't want or need one by one for every Sim in my households. I was spending more time doing that than anything and even stopped playing for a while.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#321 Old 10th Mar 2012 at 8:19 PM
Dahw. I'm just happy you had two guys getting married in your screenshots. Now I'mma go download this :P
Lab Assistant
#322 Old 11th Mar 2012 at 1:45 AM
yeah, that's were i went wrong. i hadn't updated my game yet when i made the first package.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#323 Old 11th Mar 2012 at 9:58 AM
This is one of my "must have" mods, so I really appreciate that you keep it updated so quickly. Sims is playable because of mods like this. Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#324 Old 13th Mar 2012 at 12:05 AM
I have had to go through seven different albums prior to Pets being released, to edit them for each and very tiny and annoying (mostly boring & unremarkable!) memories that irritated me a lot when I realized you could only have 300 memories in an album. Every time a plant grew, every time you go outside almost! I was a little nervous at first to use this; but I just finished making my own mod and I am about to test it now. I will be able to turn on memories for the first time in months, it's rather odd how exciting that idea is. Especially after having hand written my own memories for each and every occasion and being tired of having to do so. I just wanted to say thank you for taking the time to make something this easy that even I can understand how to use and I really appreciate your effort in this. It will make the game that much more enjoyable as memories will happen more fluently and therefor far more realistically as opposed to stopping each and every time and taking care of it myself. Thank you so much.<3
Inventor
Original Poster
#325 Old 13th Mar 2012 at 12:27 AM
@SNeakykatze82: Thanks for your kinds words. I hope it works
Page 13 of 25