Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th May 2016 at 11:42 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Custom cars
Hi!
So I have a question about custom cars. If I download cc car as a sims3pack file, can I convert it into a package file?
I mean, they probably can be, but is it okay to do that, or it is better to install them via launcher as sims3packs?

ThunderWoodSimmer
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 13th May 2016 at 2:59 PM
It's perfectly fine to convert most custom content to packages. The only ones I've had issues with are counters, since the corner pieces lose their recolorable properties when you place multiple counters in an L shape. You can convert patterns to packages too, but you run the risk of getting the "Materializing Materials" error; however, it is easily fixable.

To convert sims3packs to package files, see Delphy's Sims 3 Pack Multi-Extracter.
If you're converting store sims3packs, make sure you run them through Sims 3 Recompressor first to preserve their descriptions and such. To do this, download the "s3rc-win" archive, extract it, and drag-and-drop your sims3pack(s) over the s3rc file. You can drag multiple files at the same time. Then convert them to packages using Delphy's tool.

This thread has some pretty good points about using sims3packs and packages: Information - Pros and Cons of Sims3packs vs. Packages

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th May 2016 at 4:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sweetdevil
If you're converting store sims3packs, make sure you run them through Sims 3 Recompressor first to preserve their descriptions and such. To do this, download the "s3rc-win" archive, extract it, and drag-and-drop your sims3pack(s) over the s3rc file. You can drag multiple files at the same time. Then convert them to packages using Delphy's tool.

This thread has some pretty good points about using sims3packs and packages: Information - Pros and Cons of Sims3packs vs. Packages

Thank you! This info is very useful!

ThunderWoodSimmer
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 14th May 2016 at 1:10 PM
I have a question about making more than 5 floors. I found a tutorial here - http://www.thesims3.com/contentDeta...contentId=97511 -
But I don't really understand it, as I can't see the pictures, and I was wondering if anyone knows if that actually works and if all the floors made with that tutorial can be accessed!
And maybe someone can help me understand it?
I would really appreciate the help!

ThunderWoodSimmer
Site Helper
#5 Old 14th May 2016 at 3:36 PM
First, it would be helpful if you post this as a separate thread.
Second, that tutorial appears to date from 2010. It may still work, or it may not. (And I can't see the pictures, either.)
The technique seems to involve building up and then building a hill next to the house until it's tall enough to be between the third and fourth level of the lot. I'm pretty sure that when it says to build a basement, it's talking about the hole that is inside a foundation kind of basement, not the newer basement tool.

One thing I did discover (from building a house where the "stairs" were swimming pools with moveobjects used to place doors at the bottom) is that if you get too creative with things like that, you can have problems using the lot or saving the game. But if this technique does work the levels should all be accessible. (It could easily end up being a nightmare of a lot for other reasons, though.)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 15th May 2016 at 4:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
First, it would be helpful if you post this as a separate thread.
Second, that tutorial appears to date from 2010. It may still work, or it may not. (And I can't see the pictures, either.)
The technique seems to involve building up and then building a hill next to the house until it's tall enough to be between the third and fourth level of the lot. I'm pretty sure that when it says to build a basement, it's talking about the hole that is inside a foundation kind of basement, not the newer basement tool.

One thing I did discover (from building a house where the "stairs" were swimming pools with moveobjects used to place doors at the bottom) is that if you get too creative with things like that, you can have problems using the lot or saving the game. But if this technique does work the levels should all be accessible. (It could easily end up being a nightmare of a lot for other reasons, though.)

Okay, thank you for the answer!

ThunderWoodSimmer