Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th May 2016 at 3:37 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Can't share Lot- but can save to bin
So, my game is busted in the way that I cant share the homes I build/remodel. Ive tried renaming the house, still cant share it. I do have cc and mods (from here and TSR only, nowhere else). I saw another thread when I searched and it said SOLVED after the title but I read every post and none indicated it was solved at all. So, I am looking for the solution to this. I really want to share it so that I can add it to my OneDrive and then download it onto another computer & play from anywhere.

I am on Windows 8. I play SIMS 4 on a Surface Pro 4. I love it, runs beautifully.
I miss Sims 3, but not Error Code 12. Good Riddance.
I'm a football mom & play Sims with my little ones. I build, they wreck.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 21st May 2016 at 12:58 AM
Not sure if I read you correctly, but does this issue occur with all the lots you try to share/export or just the one house?

Does the house contain CC? Maybe try moving your Mods folder and DCCache out of your Sims 3 folder, delete your caches and see if it makes a difference?

You could try with a clean game by renaming your The Sims 3 folder (Example: The Sims 3 backup). When you start the game, it will create a brand new Sims 3 folder. See if you can now share/export?

Also, if you're able to save the house to the bin, you could just use the library file.

It's as effective, especially if it doesn't use any CC. All you would have to do is take the most recent package in your The Sims 3/Library folder. If you want to make sure it's the right one, you could open it with S3PE and look for ICON (tag) files to preview the lot. Save this package to your OneDrive and just put it in the Library folder of the Sims 3 folder on your other computer. When you open the game on this other computer, your lot will be in the bin.

As for CC, with this method, you'd have to have it installed on your other computer. It could only be a matter of transferring your CC folders too.