Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th May 2016 at 4:16 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default OneDrive
I had two Sims 3 folders. One was OneDrive and the other wasn't, so I unsynced the OneDrive one because I didn't need it. The game then gave me a message saying that something was wrong with the game and that I might experience bugs if I tried to play it. I re-loaded the game; the message didn't appear, but now it's really buggy My mom's laptop still might have the OneDrive folders, could that be a problem ?? or should I just uninstall and reinstall ?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 20th May 2016 at 6:24 AM
This seems to be reported a lot with Win 10 installs (maybe 8.1 sometimes?). The game loves to put its stuff in OneDrive for some reason, even if it doesn't belong there. Instead of uninstalling, have you tried also deactivating OneDrive entirely so another folder can't spawn there and pulling the remaining game folder out of Documents, thus forcing the game to create a new one hopefully in the right place on its next attempted launch?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 20th May 2016 at 1:23 PM
@igazor Would you mind showing me or telling a step by step how to do this ^^; ?
Instructor
#5 Old 20th May 2016 at 2:21 PM
@OP if your OS is Win 10, hover your mouse to your system tray (located at the bottom right of your screen), you'll find your OneDrive icon in the system tray, double click on OneDrive will pop up the OneDrive menu, go to "setting" tab, unchecked the start automatically when starting Windows, click ok to save and close the menu. Go to the system tray again, only this time right click on OneDrive icon, click "exit", confirm "exit" when it asked you to confirm it, restart your windows and your OneDrive is permanently deactivated until you activated again manually.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 20th May 2016 at 9:41 PM
My mom may want it again in the future -_- So how exactly would you re-activate it ?
Instructor
#7 Old 20th May 2016 at 11:28 PM Last edited by PapaEmy : 20th May 2016 at 11:51 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by shota-oddball
My mom may want it again in the future -_- So how exactly would you re-activate it ?

Press windows key from your keyboard, click All Apps, scroll down your mouse until you find the letter O for OneDrive, just double click it again and reverse the steps. My suggestion since you're sharing your computer with your mom (or any other family member), you better set up another windows account (as another administrator account) just for you (or anyone in your family) to play TS3 or any other game you play, and just deactivated OneDrive from this gaming account you've just created, that way your mom's files stored in OneDrive won't be bothered and mixed with your TS3 saved games

Edit: just remember when you have 2 or more windows accounts in win 10, make sure you logged out each time you're shutting down your computer, try to avoid switching user without logging out, there still some bugs in win 10 that would make you hard to log back in if you switched user without logging out first..