Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th May 2016 at 10:57 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Showtime, Seasons, University Life
Default Where has this nose mask skin come from?!
So here's a picture of one of my sims Cara

However after mass download (I really need to stop that!) she's now wearing a nose mask!

I believe its due to the skin she has...only a couple of sims have it and if I change my skin it goes with it, so its not an accessory or makeup.

I was just wondering if anyone recognises this or would have an idea how I can remove it. To me, its a big deal!
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 4th May 2016 at 11:40 PM
By nose mask are you referring to the mole or beauty mark under Cara's nose? If it is that in CAS In the Looks category - Topical Details has options for Freckles, Beauty Marks and Age Detail. Does that help or did I completely not understand what you were asking
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 5th May 2016 at 8:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by barbarat
By nose mask are you referring to the mole or beauty mark under Cara's nose? If it is that in CAS In the Looks category - Topical Details has options for Freckles, Beauty Marks and Age Detail. Does that help or did I completely not understand what you were asking

I mean the lines on her nose! They dont seem to be makeup or accessories...something to do with the skin I think!
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 5th May 2016 at 9:05 PM
If it's on the skin then remove the skin?
Instructor
#6 Old 6th May 2016 at 5:10 PM
Are you sure it couldn't be one of those nose masks by brntwaffles?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 6th May 2016 at 6:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Batsheba
If it's on the skin then remove the skin?

shes part of an ongoing picture story, I cant change her skin.

Why are people being so mean?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 6th May 2016 at 6:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Blyss
Are you sure it couldn't be one of those nose masks by brntwaffles?

I have checked. It doesnt appear to be
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 6th May 2016 at 7:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by carysmarie
shes part of an ongoing picture story, I cant change her skin.

Why are people being so mean?

Well, if you are sure the nose mask is part of the skin and not a make-up or accessory, and you don't want/like it, I don't know if there is anything you can do other than change the skin yourself (modify it) or use some other make-up to cover it up.

And I don't think anyone's been mean.
Site Helper
#10 Old 6th May 2016 at 9:17 PM
If it's any consolation to you, I don't notice the difference, either. (Even after it's pointed out.) It was more noticeable that the lipstick seems to have been very slightly changed, and I only noticed that when I was studying both pictures to see if I could find the lines on the nose. You might be able to continue with your story without changing her. Otherwise, if it's part of the skin then the only way to fix it is to change the skin, modify the skin, or find some makeup or something to hide it.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 7th May 2016 at 10:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
If it's any consolation to you, I don't notice the difference, either. (Even after it's pointed out.) It was more noticeable that the lipstick seems to have been very slightly changed, and I only noticed that when I was studying both pictures to see if I could find the lines on the nose. You might be able to continue with your story without changing her. Otherwise, if it's part of the skin then the only way to fix it is to change the skin, modify the skin, or find some makeup or something to hide it.

The lipstick hasn't been changed at all.
Its the exact same sim, I saved her when I made her took this snap at the time. I've gone into my sim bin and retaken the exact same snap.
At the moment I'm just carrying on..still looking for a fix though because its affected some other sims as well...and I really dont like it.
Scholar
#13 Old 8th May 2016 at 4:30 AM
Maybe it's not in the skin or makeup at all: maybe it's the lighting on your computer. I looked at the pictures for a long time before I found the lines you were talking about, and it occurs to me that if something changed the light settings just a wee bit the contrast in the skin might show up differently, and that might cause an effect like that.

I'm sorry I don't have anything better to offer.
Alchemist
#14 Old 8th May 2016 at 9:49 AM
I can see some highlights on the rest of the skin as well, which leads me to believe it's an entire skin - maybe even a default replacement one. Lighting doesn't seem to be the cause, since this is CAS and the lighting in CAS is constant.

It would honestly take much less time to just take out what you downloaded and put things back in again, in batches, instead of trying to guess like this... If it's packages, take them out; if it's sims3packs, uninstall them. Then delete your cache files, restart the game, and see if you still have this issue.

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#15 Old 13th May 2016 at 10:50 AM
Is it possible that you have two versions of the same skin in your folders that are both a default replacement but have a slightly different name? I know that some creators provide multiple versions with tiny alterations of the same skin.