Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th May 2016 at 1:57 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Roofs appearing on first floor (video)
https://youtu.be/xk2P-dqaVs8
It's a two story house and there's roofs on the first floor, blocking out everything!
Advertisement
Site Helper
#3 Old 19th May 2016 at 3:44 PM
In Roofs, find and click the radio button to turn autoroof off (or they will come right back.)

Now click the button to remove all roofs, or just hammer or control-click the bits you don't want. Click a roof style you want to use, and manually put it on.

Remember that autoroof puts a roof over any area that it thinks should be an interior space if it doesn't already have a roof over it. This includes your first-floor patios with the walls around them. Walls make an "interior' space, and fences make an "Outdoor" space if they are complete. If you really need to use autoroof, make a small break in your patio wall, add the roof, and then turn autoroof off and fix the wall. But, honestly, one you get used to manually adding a roof you may never want to use auto-roof again. There is so much more you can do with your roof by combining styles, or even using a one-tile hipped roof around the edge and then adding another roof in the middle. (Of course, realistically the border would have a break in it for the water to run out. But sims doesn't require realism.)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Inventor
Original Poster
#4 Old 20th May 2016 at 3:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
In Roofs, find and click the radio button to turn autoroof off (or they will come right back.)

Now click the button to remove all roofs, or just hammer or control-click the bits you don't want. Click a roof style you want to use, and manually put it on.

Remember that autoroof puts a roof over any area that it thinks should be an interior space if it doesn't already have a roof over it. This includes your first-floor patios with the walls around them. Walls make an "interior' space, and fences make an "Outdoor" space if they are complete. If you really need to use autoroof, make a small break in your patio wall, add the roof, and then turn autoroof off and fix the wall. But, honestly, one you get used to manually adding a roof you may never want to use auto-roof again. There is so much more you can do with your roof by combining styles, or even using a one-tile hipped roof around the edge and then adding another roof in the middle. (Of course, realistically the border would have a break in it for the water to run out. But sims doesn't require realism.)

I kept turning auto-roof off. And every time I tried to manually lay a roof nothing happened. That should all be in the video.