Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Oct 2014 at 4:11 AM
Default Adult to Teen Shoe Conversion
I apologize if anyone's already answered this but I've done a couple searches through the forums and can't find exactly what I'm looking for. Basically there's a pair of sneakers for adult females that I want to convert for teens. How would I go about doing this? I know I can just clone them and say yes, these are for teens, but I want the ankle seams etc to all match up so I want a clean conversion of the shoes from YA/A to Teens. I assume I need Milkshape, maybe Mesh Toolkit, TSRW? Anything else? Any good tutorials on converting shoes? I've found one or two on clothing, but not shoes specifically. I'm totally new at meshing, at least in this sense. Thanks so much in advance!
Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#2 Old 31st Oct 2014 at 10:46 PM
Roughly what you should do is:

Clone the adult shoes and a similar teen shoes (giving it a suitable name for your new teen shoes) and extract the meshes.
Work with one LOD at a time. In Milkshape, import the teen shoes first and then the adult shoes.
Resize and position the adult shoes as necessary, using the teen shoes as a guide.
Go around the ankle seams, copying the position and normals from the teen shoes to the adult shoes. (There's Milkshape plugins for easy copying of vertex data - I can tell you where to get them if you want.)
Export the adult shoes mesh. This is now your new teen shoes base mesh.
With Mesh Toolkit, make new morph meshes for the new mesh using the auto-morph function and the teen shoes as reference.
After you've done all the lods, open the teen shoes clone package with S3PE and replace the base meshes with your modified base meshes. Close s4pe.
Use the package tools in Mesh Toolkit to open the package and add the morphs, using the new morph meshes you made.
Install and test!

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4