Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th May 2015 at 6:29 PM
Default To redesign or not to redesign?
Not sure if this is in the right place, but I'm working on a large set of Disney Princess kids furniture recolors and I have a question about preference.

Multiple catalog entries that allow use of the design tool?
OR
One catalog entry but doesn't allow use of the design tool?
Advertisement
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#2 Old 28th May 2015 at 6:39 PM
I’m not sure what you mean by that – can you try to re-word? “Multiple catalog entries” vs “One catalog entry” sounds like you have, say, five colour options and are asking whether or not they should all be in the same thumbnail .. yes? But when they aren’t, i.e. when each is a separate object, the game won’t give you the design tool option at all so you probably mean something else. Or has this changed in a recent patch perhaps?

Also, if you do put them in the same thumbnail there is no technical reason not to make them design-tool-recoulourable (that only depends on the instance numbers of the COBJ/OBJD which are easily editable, see here: http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=550926 ).

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Jun 2015 at 1:30 AM
This looks like it will fix the problem I was having, so I'll give it a go and it's doesn't I'll try to explain better. Thanks!