Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#126 Old 15th Nov 2009 at 3:45 AM Last edited by americangirl510 : 15th Nov 2009 at 4:05 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by katalina522
How in the world did you finish that fast? You know that community lot skilling and having an actual "job" are not allowed for the challenge, right?

Yea......... im afraid so, i have re-read this entire forum Several times and I STILL didnt catch that, I already deleted my character and started over... im trying to get out of the cheating habit

EDIT: augh!!!!!!!!!!!!!! my angelica is FAT!!! so unfair :D

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception.
Advertisement
Instructor
#127 Old 15th Nov 2009 at 5:38 AM
LOL that's what happens when you live on hot dogs and espresso!
Test Subject
#128 Old 15th Nov 2009 at 9:24 PM Last edited by americangirl510 : 15th Nov 2009 at 9:43 PM.
LOL, that is true. very true..... but then i read through it again and found that i could turn off winter cuz thats a disadvantage for seasons people, an so i was already in winter in my game, so i changed it. and now my sim is freezing to death in summer!!!!!!!!! oh and my new sims 2 name is......... rayanna I forgot that my fat sim is rayanna

EDIT: i like editing........ but awhile bac I downloaded a mini drum, am i allowed to buy that and use it to max my creativity?

Instructor
#129 Old 16th Nov 2009 at 5:16 AM
I think CC was deemed okay as long as it doesn't give unfair advantages (like being unusually inexpensive, or enabling you to max out skills/comfort/energy/etc way faster than any of the Maxis content).
Banned
#130 Old 16th Nov 2009 at 2:16 PM
This sounds like an awesome challenge. I'm just going to do it without worrying about the score. :D
Test Subject
#131 Old 16th Nov 2009 at 4:29 PM Last edited by americangirl510 : 16th Nov 2009 at 5:01 PM.
I think CC was deemed okay as long as it doesn't give unfair advantages (like being unusually inexpensive, or enabling you to max out skills/comfort/energy/etc way faster than any of the Maxis content).

Oh ok, its like..... 400 i think...... and it jus gives a little fun and some creativity. and its like hand size. but cool, I wonder if my Rayanna Bloom will get struck by lightning that would be cool and yes.... i like orlando bloom, but hey who doesnt :D

Instructor
#132 Old 19th Dec 2009 at 6:01 AM
How do you keep your hapless sim from getting killed by lightning and hail if were not allowed to build them any kind of shelter?
Test Subject
#133 Old 24th Dec 2009 at 9:41 PM
I loved this challenge so much, Im going to do it on the sims 3, it will be trickier finding a townie to engage flirt and be with but all is well. As well as the fact earning simleons will be harder without the option of being a dj and all that but still, its good fun, by the way I scored about 400,000-200,000 points, I cant remember at the moment
Instructor
#134 Old 6th Jan 2010 at 10:33 PM
@ Le Carerra: Go to a Community Lot and wait out the storm!

I don't know if this is from an expansion or what, but my hobo spent a lot of nights in the cheap plastic lounge chair from the Recliners section. Was that kosher? It's definitely portable, and only takes up two squares...

Contemplating making Golden Sun stuff for TS2.
Test Subject
#135 Old 7th Jan 2010 at 1:49 AM
I really want to try this. Can we do instroments to earn tips???

JuLiA WuZ hErE
Lab Assistant
#136 Old 10th Jan 2010 at 10:31 PM
I've decided to give this a go, though it just might kill me (:
Instructor
#137 Old 10th Jan 2010 at 11:30 PM
@ Proxian_girl: I don't think the lounge chairs count... it's not like they could fold up and be easily portable IRL.
Test Subject
#138 Old 12th Jan 2010 at 9:40 AM Last edited by bp-rp-sis : 13th Jan 2010 at 9:16 PM.
do you put the money to $100 before of after you buy the stuff in confused >.<

*******EDIT******* with seasons why can't have fall?
Instructor
#139 Old 12th Jan 2010 at 6:05 PM
@ Katalina: Why wouldn't it be portable? It's collapsible and has wheels on it...

Contemplating making Golden Sun stuff for TS2.
Test Subject
#140 Old 29th Jan 2010 at 7:47 PM
I've been looking/downloading off this site for a long time, but only just registered. I've just finished this challenge, I'm so proud

Friends: 2 (+200)
Love: 1 (+500)
Aspiration points: 55,800 (+55,800)
+2000 for $20,000
No enemies :D
Days: 12 (-120)
Total: 58,380

I have been drinking way too much red bull, but I just couldn't stop playing(Semester just ended, I have a lot of time on my hands!). This is a great challenge!

My Sim, Tammy Roamer made most of her money performing as a jazz guitarist, after she maxed her Creativity skill on the Easel, selling a few masterpieces.
She met and married Pong Fairchild, who actually survived all the ordeals, even though he seemed constantly famished. I was sure he would drop off at any moment. At times I must admit I wished for it, as he continued to spend Tammy's hard-earned cash on espresso... He also had the nasty habbit of grapping her hotdogs when she stopped eating them (due to lack of sleep). But she loves him, despite him being an uncontrollable caffeine addict. Also, he brought in 9,000, which helped a bit... And during the cold winter months they were able to keep each other warm. I was impressed that none of them ever got sick, but I guess love really does conquer all.

Now, Tammy has finally made enough money to return to the land of the property-owning, and has purchased a trailer to put on her small piece of land. I think I'd like to get her farming, maybe let her have a kid...

...and then when the kid reaches teen, move out Tammy and Pong, delete the trailer, reduce funds, and see if the 2nd generation Roamer can make it as well as mum and dad did
Test Subject
#141 Old 31st Jan 2010 at 5:12 PM
Default Some Questions
So I just had to try out this challenge.
But I'm a little unsure about some issues. Are you not allowed to pass out on other lots? Since the rule says you can only sleep on your own.
And can I buy a lemonstand(?), since it can be portable, but it depends on how you look at it. And last, you say you can only have "six tiles" in you inventory, but does that rule aply to both the lot-ground and the inventory?

Thanks anyway. I-m really enjoying the challenge!

EDIT: Also, how can you count the days? Many might count on how old you are since it start with "29 days left [...]", but you use a lot of time on community lots, and when you get back on your "home base" the time is exactly the same as when you left.
Instructor
#142 Old 1st Feb 2010 at 6:23 PM
I really need to try this. Hope I can remember all the rules. I have BV but I won't install it until I complete this challenge.
Lab Assistant
#143 Old 1st Feb 2010 at 7:22 PM
I'm going to try this again. XD
Instructor
#144 Old 2nd Feb 2010 at 2:58 AM Last edited by SimMegaptera : 2nd Feb 2010 at 4:11 AM.
Unhealthy hair and other really tragic grungy stuff by Slar. Might be good for this challenge.

Code to set your amount of money to $100 is:

familyfunds familyname 100

Is 'walk to lot' only available in Bon Voyage? Guess I have to install it.
Instructor
#145 Old 2nd Feb 2010 at 1:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Proxian_girl
@ Katalina: Why wouldn't it be portable? It's collapsible and has wheels on it...

@ Proxian: because in reality those are not portable enough to carry around 24 hours a day Also, it goes against the spirit of the challenge to have any objects that give you comfortable sleeping space.

Quote: Originally posted by PlyLilian
So I just had to try out this challenge.
But I'm a little unsure about some issues. Are you not allowed to pass out on other lots? Since the rule says you can only sleep on your own.
And can I buy a lemonstand(?), since it can be portable, but it depends on how you look at it. And last, you say you can only have "six tiles" in you inventory, but does that rule aply to both the lot-ground and the inventory?

Thanks anyway. I-m really enjoying the challenge!

EDIT: Also, how can you count the days? Many might count on how old you are since it start with "29 days left [...]", but you use a lot of time on community lots, and when you get back on your "home base" the time is exactly the same as when you left.

@ PlyLilian: 1) You *can't* pass out on other lots. The game doesn't allow it... you'll just collapse the second you go home.
2) No, lemonade stand isn't allowed, I think.
3) Six tiles applies to EVERYTHING you have, whether it's in your inventory or on the ground.
4) Don't worry about the time elapsing on community lots... it would be almost impossible to beat the challenge if you synch it.
Lab Assistant
#146 Old 2nd Feb 2010 at 8:39 PM
Can we sell items given to our homeless characters by other npc sims? There's nothing in rules that covers that so, I guess that would be considered an gray area.
Instructor
#147 Old 2nd Feb 2010 at 9:44 PM
@ Proxian: because in reality those are not portable enough to carry around 24 hours a day

In real life a folding rolling chair can be dragged behind you, and used as a cart to carry other stuff. I've seen street people using all manner of wheeled things this way. But in the spirit of the challenge, I won't use a wheeled chair or a hammock. :P
Instructor
#148 Old 3rd Feb 2010 at 2:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SimMegaptera
In real life a folding rolling chair can be dragged behind you, and used as a cart to carry other stuff. I've seen street people using all manner of wheeled things this way. But in the spirit of the challenge, I won't use a wheeled chair or a hammock. :P

It killed me to not use a hammock, so I do understand.

I think it's just because it becomes much, much easier to earn money fast if you get any sleep... it's very weird not to be allowed a bench or a tree stump, at least!

I have done my own version of this challenge (with a No Social Worker hack) where you start as a *child* and you only get $200. It's brutal, but really fun to do. My poor sim basically spent her entire adolescence in aspiration failure because she was flunking right from the start and therefore couldn't get a job.

Quote: Originally posted by addict12
Can we sell items given to our homeless characters by other npc sims? There's nothing in rules that covers that so, I guess that would be considered an gray area.

I think it said in an additional post that you're not allowed to sell gifts or items from the sim's inventory, as that gives you unfair advantage over people who don't have the EP(s?) that allow it.
Instructor
#149 Old 3rd Feb 2010 at 4:28 AM
I think it said in an additional post that you're not allowed to sell gifts or items from the sim's inventory, as that gives you unfair advantage over people who don't have the EP(s?) that allow it.

Are there inventory objects that you can have and not just sell in Buy Mode?

Gah, I was going to post some pics but I can't get into Photobucket.
Lab Assistant
#150 Old 3rd Feb 2010 at 5:27 AM
Alright. I'll post some pictures soon.
Page 6 of 11