Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
#151 Old 3rd Feb 2010 at 10:39 AM
This is a really tough challenge, but I decided to give it a try since my entire legacy family and neighborhood was tragically destroyed by a hard drive crash. There were no survivors.

I made a lady named Maggie Bleaker, living in a town called Bleak Vale.

I feel confident that she cannot go on much longer.

Refuses to eat but a couple bites of hot dog, is constantly filthy or needs to go pee, tries to order an espresso, but can't quite manage the strain, and will not at all paint.

Oy!
Advertisement
Instructor
#152 Old 3rd Feb 2010 at 1:00 PM
My Zoe lives on the far side of the bridge out of Pleasantview, with a dead tree. I haven't given her any things yet, there's nothing that looks useful. She goes to the park and works as a barista, and eats hot dogs, and plays chess.

I made it easier by giving her a personality suited to this. She's active so she doesn't need much sleep, and she's extremely shy so she doesn't suffer when she doesn't get much social contact. She's serious so chess is all the fun she needs.

I can see this getting repetitive -- she goes back to the lot and sleeps until she's got about 1/3 of her energy, then gets up and goes to the park, then goes back and sleeps, etc. She can fill all her needs except sleep, so the shifts are short, but otherwise it's just another working day. Think I need to shake it up somehow.
Instructor
#153 Old 3rd Feb 2010 at 4:31 PM
Have her chug tons of espresso on a community lot and then start a romance with some poor, unsuspecting sap.
Instructor
#154 Old 3rd Feb 2010 at 5:05 PM
Hee. If she can find someone she likes enough to start a romance.

I was actually thinking about waiting until a stray animal wandered by, and then buying a pet pillow (the flat one that looks like it can be rolled up) and a dish and a toy, and trying to adopt it.
Test Subject
#155 Old 3rd Feb 2010 at 5:12 PM
What if you get a magic lamp? Can you use that to wish for money?
Instructor
#156 Old 3rd Feb 2010 at 7:20 PM
Where do you 'get' a magic lamp? I think if it happened by chance it would be a lucky way out of poverty. Buying one in Buy Mode or even in a shop would be against the spirit of the challenge.
#157 Old 3rd Feb 2010 at 7:25 PM
If you have FreeTime, the Gypsy who runs the dating service will sometimes deliver a magic lamp, but I`d be seriously surprised if she`d deliver one to a Homeless Challenge Sim before the challange is over, as her delivery-message claims that you have to have trod the paths of excelence and done lots of hard work, or something like that, to be worthy of the lamp, and if you meet those criteria, you`d have already won the chalange.

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Lab Assistant
#158 Old 4th Feb 2010 at 3:12 AM Last edited by addict12 : 4th Feb 2010 at 6:22 PM.

Name:

Erika Hayasaka

Inventory:

Pile of books (one space), Folding Chair (one space), Leaf Mat (two spaces) and Easel (one space).

Hotspots:

All the NL Clubs and Parks. lol.

I became lazy and took only four pictures. Nothing much is happening in game even after hours of playing. My simmy just managed to skill build and make two friends. It's still a struggle to earn money. :3

Question: We can turn off winter?
Instructor
#159 Old 4th Feb 2010 at 4:50 PM
Ffff. Trying to decide how I want to make this more difficult. As it is, it'll just be very repetitive and long, but she makes a couple of hundred a day as a barista. :P

Maybe I'll install Seasons (thank you Best Buy cheapie shelf!) or just throw a dog into her lot.
Lab Assistant
#160 Old 7th Feb 2010 at 10:45 PM Last edited by Phaenoh : 10th Feb 2014 at 4:28 PM.
Default The Food Stealing Challenge
Since this glitch is hilarious, I decided to make a challenge for it.
The waiter comes along... and a Townie is served! But little does she know... a food stealer is in the way! Right when the delicious food is put on the table, you lunge for it! Stealing the burger under the Townie's unsuspecting nose, you eat it, and don't have to pay for it!

Start by making a character. Name him/her anything you want, any aspiration, your choice of appearance. Now, DO NOT make a house. Then make a Restaurant, or use a Downtown one. Make sure it has a TOILET, a SHOWER, and something, like a TV, to have FUN. Go to that lot, and start stealing food.

No rules except for cheating. No cheating, exception of decoration and energy ups with boolprop. Also, don't become a vampire.

Scoring:
While you are playing, tally the number of food steals you did.
When your Sim BECOMES an elder, count your tallies.
Checkpoints:
At least 1 food steal is 1 point.
At least 15 food steals is 25 points.
At least 25 food steals is 100 points.
At least 50 food steals is 200 points.
At least 75 is 400 points.
At least 100 is 700 points.
Every next hundred Food Steals is 1,000 points.
Every Woohoo is 1000 points.
Each time your Sim goes into Platinum is 200 points
Each time your Sim goes into Red is -200 points.
Each time your Sim has a baby, 1000 points.
Twins and/or more, 2000 points.
If a kid is taken away by the Social Worker, -200 points.
If your Sim gets engaged, 100 points
Married, 1000 points
If your Sim cheats, 100 points
Caught, -100 points
Breaks up, -1000 points.
Marry the Diva or Mr. Big, 1000 points
Each time you become a different lifeform (besides vampire) 100 points.
Each time you pay for food, -1000 points.
If your Sim dies, -10000 points.
If you have the same number of Simoleans you started out with, EXCEPTION OF bills and Nanny, +10,000 points!

The game ends when your Sim dies or becomes an Elder

Remember, when counting your score, each Food Steal "checkpoint" IS another ___ point.

Does this sound fun?

Call me Isobel

*hates recorders, no-touch-the-baby mommies, and lost dice"
Instructor
#161 Old 10th Feb 2010 at 7:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SimMegaptera
Ffff. Trying to decide how I want to make this more difficult. As it is, it'll just be very repetitive and long, but she makes a couple of hundred a day as a barista. :P

Maybe I'll install Seasons (thank you Best Buy cheapie shelf!) or just throw a dog into her lot.

It seems to me that what this challenge needs is some turning points. That is..rewards for improvement in life as we reach various goals.

Example: first hundred saved in pocket..yay, we can build one single wall section; or x amount saved..yay we can put a simple toilet with our wall. Etc., etc.

Thoughts?
Instructor
#162 Old 10th Feb 2010 at 2:59 PM
Hmm. Or a little shack, just enough for shelter at 10,000?

Bartending and espresso-slinging are seriously good careers. You can actually make more that way than on entry level jobs.
Test Subject
#163 Old 10th Feb 2010 at 4:24 PM
Hmm... I might try this in a little bit, probably with the child of my current teenager, but I can't promise I won't throw a few kids in.
Seeing as I don't have Pets, I think it'd be a fair substitute lol
I'll just have to install a floor blanket!
Also, would a 'adventuror style outdoor bed' be consider acceptable?
It's sort of a little matress with a tarp over it and, seeing as I'm going to design the place like a garbage dump, I don't think it'd be /that/ noticable, but I guess I should check.
I can't wait to start!
Instructor
#164 Old 10th Feb 2010 at 5:05 PM
Where does one get this mattress with a tarp??
Scholar
#165 Old 18th Feb 2010 at 10:36 PM
Is it Okay to order food yourself in the restaurant?

"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
- Douglas Adams (The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy)
tumblr
Lab Assistant
#166 Old 20th Feb 2010 at 3:36 AM
That's not the point of the challenge... but sure.

Call me Isobel

*hates recorders, no-touch-the-baby mommies, and lost dice"
Banned
#167 Old 24th Jun 2010 at 2:42 PM
I'm doing this one again, I failed the first time.

My hobo, George Dert:

He lives in a default Downtown attached to Pleasantview. Amazingly enough, even though he has NO Creativity points, he went to the park and freestyled for tips (as you can see in the photo) and almost instantly drew a crowd! Mary-Sue Pleasant is just one of his fans :D
I was also amazed at how much money one can make doing irregular shifts as a barista. I made just enough cash to buy George a folding lounge chair to sleep in, and I've got in doing nature hobby activities (hunting bugs, bidwatching) to get him into Peerless Park so he can fish in the huge pond they have.
Lab Assistant
#168 Old 28th Jun 2010 at 8:48 AM
im off to give this a go!
Instructor
#169 Old 28th Jun 2010 at 2:00 PM
(Trying to get into the challenge; so far everything looks alright)
Pouring cup of espresso helps to keep the Sim's energy(though he/she will need to go to toilet afterwards). My sim prefers to go to Moo's Mews-Coffee rather than sleeping on ground. There, he can enjoy free espresso, talking to some people, and he can play the piano for tips.
Lab Assistant
#170 Old 29th Jun 2010 at 5:30 AM
Haven't tried this challenge yet, but I played a family in Sims 1 homeless style & it was great fun. I downloaded all the characters from CSI Miami & bought them a plot of land but didn't build a house on it. They cooked over a campfire & slept outside ... it was too funny to see them flirt with everyone who walked by, just on the off-chance of maybe starting a relationship with someone who lived indoors.
Field Researcher
#171 Old 29th Jun 2010 at 1:22 PM
this challenge seem so much fun, I am going to try it without keeping score. but can someone please tell me how to use the family funds cheat?

Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative
Instructor
#172 Old 29th Jun 2010 at 1:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by madsaffs
but can someone please tell me how to use the family funds cheat?

'FamilyFunds <Family Name> <Value>'

On-Topic: My sim made over 11,000 now. And I think he made at least one friend...
Field Researcher
#173 Old 29th Jun 2010 at 2:22 PM
great thanks. and do I use if from the lot or from the neighbourhood screen?

Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative
Banned
#174 Old 29th Jun 2010 at 3:34 PM
*sigh* This site does have guides, you know.
Test Subject
#175 Old 29th Jun 2010 at 11:53 PM
I am SO going to do this! Thanks for the challenge!

- CandinFat(:
Page 7 of 11