Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Jan 2011 at 6:14 PM
Default Hair problem! :(
I'm trying to make this hair in TSRW, but although everything looks well in MilkShape, in game we can see some distortions.
Please help me.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 28th Jan 2011 at 9:03 PM
It looks like a mapping issue, when you say it looked fine in milkshake do you mean with textures?

Hi I'm Paul!
Theorist
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Jan 2011 at 10:09 PM
Yes, with textures! They don't look like that in Milkshape.
Fus Ro Dah!
retired moderator
#4 Old 29th Jan 2011 at 3:28 AM
I had the same problem and the only way I found was to remap those spots where's the issue it may not be visible in milkshape, but it will be in game
Theorist
Original Poster
#5 Old 29th Jan 2011 at 9:02 PM
Thanks! but how I do that?
Sockpuppet
#6 Old 29th Jan 2011 at 9:32 PM
if the hair looks ok in Milkshape then you should check the boneassignements on the vertices.
Theorist
Original Poster
#7 Old 29th Jan 2011 at 10:29 PM
Thanks! I'm going to check that.
Fus Ro Dah!
retired moderator
#8 Old 30th Jan 2011 at 1:12 AM
I doubt it's bone assignments, everything above the neck must be assigned to the head. It's probably just a mapping issue. Select faces (not vertices) in that spot and click Window>Texture Coordinate Editor. In a pop-up window you can see your texture and selected faces. Just remap that area by moving the vertices.
Sockpuppet
#9 Old 30th Jan 2011 at 8:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Elexis
I doubt it's bone assignments, everything above the neck must be assigned to the head. It's probably just a mapping issue. Select faces (not vertices) in that spot and click Window>Texture Coordinate Editor. In a pop-up window you can see your texture and selected faces. Just remap that area by moving the vertices.

The hair and texture looks already ok in MS, how you going to adjust it then?

@Kiara
Another possibility is that you accidently snapped one vertice from the inner layer with a surrounding one from the outside layer.
Delete the distorded part on either the inner or outside layer, check the uvmap again, adjust it if the distortion is visible now.
Then duplicate the part, reverse the faces, alligne the normals and regroup it back with the rest.
Inventor
#10 Old 30th Jan 2011 at 1:46 PM
I have to agree, the problem is the UV map. I have seen this problem enough times to know it is :P
You should do what Elexis said
Sockpuppet
#11 Old 30th Jan 2011 at 2:46 PM
If it is the uvmap then why doesn't it show in Milkshape?(just curious )
If you cant figure it out Kiara, upload the mesh and textures plz
Theorist
Original Poster
#12 Old 31st Jan 2011 at 9:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BloomsBase
If it is the uvmap then why doesn't it show in Milkshape?(just curious )
If you cant figure it out Kiara, upload the mesh and textures plz

I'm about to give up this hair, it is best I try to do everything from the beginning.
I leave here the mesh and textures, so if someone can try and find out what the problem is.
Thank you all for the help!
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Mesh and Textures.rar (564.2 KB, 7 downloads) - View custom content
Sockpuppet
#13 Old 31st Jan 2011 at 11:10 AM
i am afraid so....
The head hairmesh is build from a few duplicates but has some welded verts on a few spots wich messed up the uvmap.
Those welded vertices are snapped together on the uvmap and pretty hard to seperate again.(it is possible tho)
The mesh looks like the pigtails from the sims 2 and if so i think its quicker to start over with the conversion.
Theorist
Original Poster
#14 Old 31st Jan 2011 at 11:16 AM
Thanks for your help!
I want to convert Cassandra Goth hair, but is very hard to re texture TS2 Hair, so I tried to build a new mesh that was similar but don't work.
I'm gonna Start over!