Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Jan 2011 at 2:23 PM
Default Bone assignments
i have a question, does bone assignments need to be done in milkshape? or can i use a different modelling programme to do bone assignments.
Advertisement
Mother Function
retired moderator
#2 Old 19th Jan 2011 at 2:55 PM
I'm sure you can do them in another program but I think you can only export .simgeom in Milkshape and maybe Blender. So, in theory you can do bones in your preferred 3D program and export into a recognizable format that both your program and MS can recognize. Just don't use .obj format because it loses bone assignments and comments.

"Holy Shift! Check out the asymptotes on that mother function!"
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 20th Jan 2011 at 2:27 AM
Well,it is theoratically possible, but I've never seen anybody mange that. I advise you to stick with millshape x) After all, it's not exactly difficult to assign joints in milkshape (Unless it is a full body mesh...)

Check out my blog ! You'll find items that I was too lazy to upload on the MTS XD.

Warning! This is not an English blog! However, the 'Sims3Downloads' section is written in English :D.