Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Jan 2005 at 4:17 PM
My outdoor objects are blue from neighbourhood view
I have created a recolored Japaneese Maple tree and a few other outdoor items and they work fine on the lot but from neighbourhood view they all flash blue.
Can someone tell me why this has happened.
Thanks, Ariakas
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 31st Jan 2005 at 4:21 PM
From what I heard, that's pretty much the norm on recolored items, like trees.
...and I don't think anyone has solved that problem yet.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 31st Jan 2005 at 4:23 PM
Thanks for the quick reply, there must be a way to fix this.
I have 6 of these trees in front of a house and this ugly blue is hiding half the lot
Test Subject
#4 Old 1st Feb 2005 at 1:53 AM
I had the same problem and I was told it is in the CEP program and nobody has had time to fix it yet.

I enjoy my cannabilistic meals against the black backdrop of chaos
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 1st Feb 2005 at 2:38 AM
has anyone had my problem.. my water (only lakes & stuff, not pools) is red.
The ModFather
retired moderator
#6 Old 1st Feb 2005 at 7:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nitemedusa
I had the same problem and I was told it is in the CEP program and nobody has had time to fix it yet.

"Nobody" it's me! Sorry for the blue objects, but I delayed this updating because it concerns only the neighborhood view, and usually the users stay in NH view only few seconds (just the time to find the lot they want to enter)

I'll try to fix this as soon as it will be possible.

SIMILICIOUS20: the red water is a problem related to your graphic card; some card don't deal correctly with the water texture. Sometimes changing some settings fixes the problem, sometimes, the card simply isn't capable of render the water. Some users reported red water in the bat tub, too, not only in NH view.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 2nd Feb 2005 at 2:47 AM
[QUOTE=numenor]"Nobody" it's me! Sorry for the blue objects, but I delayed this updating because it concerns only the neighborhood view, and usually the users stay in NH view only few seconds (just the time to find the lot they want to enter)

I'll try to fix this as soon as it will be possible.

Hi numenor, here is what my neighbourhood looks like now.
There are 5 houses in a row that half the lot is blinking blue.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#8 Old 2nd Feb 2005 at 3:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by similicious20
has anyone had my problem.. my water (only lakes & stuff, not pools) is red.

I have the same problem. Everyone says it has to do with my graphics card. What I don't understand is, why the Maxis blue water shows up fine in the neighborhood. But I try to make a lake or moat it is bloody red. And why do all the other blues in my game show up just fine and dandy????? I think if my graphics card can recognize every other blue it should recognize a blue lake....