Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Aug 2008 at 6:26 PM
Default Error when trying to use installer
Every time i try to use the Clean Installer i get errors. I've reinstalled the latest version, uninstalled it, cleaned the registry and updated XP in my machine to 3.5 framework and SP3.

The errors i get are:

When opening program from menu

and when trying to install a packet

Has anyone got any further ideas?
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 19th Aug 2008 at 2:48 PM
The only other thing I could suggest is to completely uninstall all of the .net frameworks and reinstall them again. It's possible that a cache is corrupted, or something.
Test Subject
#3 Old 15th Sep 2008 at 11:50 PM Last edited by Ravenbear8 : 15th Sep 2008 at 11:51 PM. Reason: spell check.
I know this is an older thread, but it is the exact thing happening to me. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling. I reinstalled the netframe, I deleted the registries. And I still get this. Any other ideas?

I miss my clean installer. Very helpful for cleaning out my files. I must get it back! Thanks for any help. =D
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 16th Sep 2008 at 6:17 PM
Make sure you install dotnet framework 1.1, which is required.
Test Subject
#5 Old 17th Sep 2008 at 12:29 AM
Yeup I have, I reinstalled it twice.

Kill one man, and your a murderer.
Kill 1000 men and your a king.
Kill every man and your a God.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6 Old 17th Sep 2008 at 10:12 AM
I would uninstall again- this time check the uninstall was clean. You need to go to %windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.xxxx and check that all files are removed before reinstalling.
Test Subject
#7 Old 17th Sep 2008 at 2:56 PM
Will you tell me where that is located. I just a search on my comp and didn't find it. lol Also I noticed in my add/remove list it has a service pack for netframe 2.0 and 3.0 could that be it?

Thanks so much for helping, I muchly appreciate it. =)

Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 17th Sep 2008 at 4:32 PM
I'm currently going through seeing which expansion pack is causing me the problem, i've got a feeling there may have been a bug on my install of Seasons. I'll tell the news once i've tested the clean installers afters i've been trough installing the other exp packs.

I've uninstalled the game and im going through exp by exp, and its working up to yet XD
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#9 Old 17th Sep 2008 at 5:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ravenbear8
Will you tell me where that is located. I just a search on my comp and didn't find it. lol Also I noticed in my add/remove list it has a service pack for netframe 2.0 and 3.0 could that be it?

Thanks so much for helping, I muchly appreciate it. =)

The files will be located in %windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.xxxx. On my computer this is as follows:
C:\Windows\ Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322
It may vary depending on which version of Windows you have and where you have installed it to. If you can see the files for the frameworks 2 and 3 but not 1.1, it most likely means you do not have it installed (which would be why you are having the error).

KyaraCina, be sure to reinstall the Dotnet Framework 1.1 as well.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 17th Sep 2008 at 6:24 PM
SO i think i've sorted it. WEll doing this fixed the error on my machine at least.

I fiured that when i first had the game going i'd got expansions after i installed the Installer, but when i swapped comps, i installed the eps in bulk and then the installer.

I installed the base game and then the installer, then i went and installed the EP's. I opened the installer between each EP, and ran it quickly.

The good new is that it now works for me XD. So i would definately suggest others who had the same error to try this method.
Test Subject
#11 Old 28th Sep 2008 at 3:42 PM Last edited by Ravenbear8 : 28th Sep 2008 at 11:51 PM. Reason: Adding.
Ok I am trying the uninstall method. lol I shall update when I know how it ends. Wish me luck!!

ETA: So I uninstalled the game, the cleaner and netframe work. Went to the frame work folder and deleted everything there after uninstalling, deleted the reg files. Reinstalled the first sims game, framework, and cleaner and still get it. I give up. lmao

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#12 Old 29th Sep 2008 at 11:33 AM
Test Subject
#13 Old 29th Sep 2008 at 8:10 PM
*dances with simsample* It worked!!! The first one did. I love you, will you marry me? *huggles her clean installer* I have missed you!

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#14 Old 30th Sep 2008 at 10:53 AM
Hooray! Well done for fixing it! I'm afraid I'm already married, but my Sim- Sim Sample- is always on the lookout! I'm glad it's working.